• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Music

GaryH

TS Member
Im looking to update my Alton music collection - there used to be a website Merlin ran with all the tunes on it (musicofmerlin?) but I cant seem to find it now..... is it still up?

Otherwise, anyone know where I can get the most tunes from? I have checked Towers Times but its a bit out of date....

In particular im after:

Thirteen music
Rita theme music
The funky AT remix as played on the monorail
Some scarefest music
The new towerstreet music
Oblivion music
Air music

The majority of it got removed after Merlin threatened lawsuits I believe. A shame really as I'd like to update what I have a bit more. I believe there's also a dedicated topic on here related to ride music etc. On my phone at the minute so can't be bothered to look for it like :)

GaryH said:
Im looking to update my Alton music collection - there used to be a website Merlin ran with all the tunes on it (musicofmerlin?) but I cant seem to find it now..... is it still up?

Merlin have never run a site offering their own music as far as I'm aware.

I don't understand why they don't just stick the lot on iTunes with a bit of nice cover art. It wouldn't cost them anything, and to be fair, I doubt they'd make much money but they'd make a bit and the geeks would be happy with it so... why not? Laziness...?

I assume it would be difficult to sell the music because of copyright. I doubt Merlin have full ownership of some of their music anyway.

Your best bet would be to look on Youtube. Videos will no doubt be taken down quickly though.

Roger Ramrod said:
GaryH said:

Merlin have never run a site offering their own music as far as I'm aware.

They used to have a site called musicofmerlin which was run by Merlin and had all the theme music on it, with lots of legal warnings, but it gave us the chance to download it from one place. Also had all the music for Thorpe and Chessington on it.

Yeah aware of the YouTube stuff, installed Freecorder to download the music, just wanted to check about mp3's first. Cheers

Aren't you on about Merlin Media, Gary?

That site had loads of music for Alton Towers, Thorpe and Chessie but disappeared last year. That site was not run by Merlin though, it was ran by a few geeks.

It is a shame that Towers can't just release some of the music on iTunes or something. Towers music is almost like a black market, lots of people have a lot of it but there is nowhere that it is easily available. I guess that's copyright for you!

:)

Rob said:
It is a shame that Towers can't just release some of the music on iTunes or something. Towers music is almost like a black market, lots of people have a lot of it but there is nowhere that it is easily available. I guess that's copyright for you!

:)

I reckon it has to be a licensing issue. This is Merlin I cannot believe they wouldn't sell it if they could, and how they are so heavy handed with it being online. I find that strange.

It costs so little to rack up 1000 cds - amateur bands do that lol, so Merlin could test it easy - and whacking it on iTunes is a breeze really for a company like that too.

It is a strange one this music lark.

I agree with all of the above. Ok it wont sell in the millions but i think that people would buy it. Air theme for example is brilliant little tune (does anyone think that it samples the Mr Mister song take these broken wings) and the hex vault is a cracking piece of music. Too good just to be sat on hex.

But a cd to sell on the park itself wouldnt be such a bad idea would it. "relive the memories etc etc etc"