• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

My trip around the world

Connor98

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Hyperion
For the last years I’ve been longing to see the world, it’s culture, foods, smell and more. But in reality I’ve never had the finances and the guts to actually go do it…. Until now! I’m finally going to make the plunge and see what I am capable of out there along in the big wide world.

Starting in central Europe in autumn next year I’m going to work my way east into countries such as Georgia, Azerbaijan, Turkey and Kazakhstan. After hopefully spending the best part of my 90 day standard visa period in Europe the plan is to fly to south east Asia and take in the beautiful countries of Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam! How long I decide to stay here will be dictated by how much I enjoy it (but riding across Vietnamese countryside on a motorbike sound fun to me.

After that it’s over to Central and South America! My most anticipated being Costa Rica and Brazil! Who knows what could happen out there 😂 obviously staying safe the whole trip is a priority.
After that I’m unsure, will depend on my budget and my homesickness, but Africa sounds fun! Yet let’s got get ahead of myself.

Apart from that there is little to no planning, Just a budget and a rucksack. Who knows what this trip will make of me, or wether I’ll even decide to come back! But one thing is for sure, I’ll be finally living my dream and when the time comes next year I’ll keep you all updated on this thread if you’d like. But the other reason for making this thread is to see if anyone had visited any of the countries mentioned and if they had any tips of tricks for me along the way I haven’t found out about yet. Thank you!

You should do Phantasialand first, get a taste for it.

In all seriousness, that sounds like a life-changing trip, albeit utterly exhausting. But, according to your profile, you're probably the exact right age for it. Just prepare the occasional frustration and tedium alongside the highs and eye-opening experiences. Budget accordingly, and prepare to buy lots of pairs of socks, unless you're extremely diligent in this area.

Living in Central Europe myself, I returned to Asia (Vietnam, specifically), earlier this year, and found it to be a huge culture shock. If you are not well travelled, I would perhaps consider preluding the real far reaches of your trip with more of a taster in Germany/France/Spain, perhaps Interrailing, before regrouping to go East for winter? Then again, perhaps your personal circumstances and savings don't allow for split trips.

Last edited:
Sounds amazing. I wish you all the best
Thank you!
Congratulations on your lottery win.

Sounds like an amazing holiday.
I know your only pulling my leg but this is all with my hard earned money I’ll have you know 😉

You should do Phantasialand first, get a taste for it.

In all seriousness, that sounds like a life-changing trip, albeit utterly exhausting. But, according to your profile, you're probably the exact right age for it. Just prepare the occasional frustration and tedium alongside the highs and eye-opening experiences. Budget accordingly, and prepare to buy lots of pairs of socks, unless you're extremely diligent in this area.

Living in Central Europe myself, I returned to Asia (Vietnam, specifically), earlier this year, and found it to be a huge culture shock. If you are not well travelled, I would perhaps consider preluding the real far reaches of your trip with more of a taster in Germany/France/Spain, perhaps Interrailing, before regrouping to go East for winter? Then again, perhaps your personal circumstances and savings don't allow for split trips.
Thank you for your advice! Anything like this is much appreciated as a lot of this is very new to me. I have travelled a fair few times solo in Europe but not between countries so interrail is definitely something I’m looking into. I think as you say, Europe would be the perfect place to start and get into the habit of things.

Good luck with your trip and take care on your travels. Are you planning to do it as as one continuous trip or are you looking to break it down in to a few different more manageable legs?

Good luck with your trip and take care on your travels. Are you planning to do it as as one continuous trip or are you looking to break it down in to a few different more manageable legs?
Thank you! I’m hoping to be able to do it all in one stretch, but it might be possible for me to do some remote work whilst I’m in certain countries, so I could possibly use those days to keep some sense or normality. Other than that apart from maybe a quick trip home for a week or so in between, I’m planning on going for the long haul!

Sounds like it will be an incredible experience! I do have one question though, how will cope without Zadra and co for so long?? ;)

In all seriousness, enjoy it when you do go!

Sounds like it will be an incredible experience! I do have one question though, how will cope without Zadra and co for so long?? ;)

In all seriousness, enjoy it when you do go!
Thanks mate! But that’s my worry 😂 maybe I’ll pop into Poland on my travels. In all seriousness I’ve not even thought about tagging any parks into my trip, mainly due to budget reasons but also I think I’d fall back in love with the hobby more after a hiatus.