• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Neil Armstrong - RIP

Looks like he took the truth with him to the grave. Wonder if we will ever find out what really happened when NASA suddenly switched to encrypted radio communications?

DiogoJ42 said:
Looks like he took the truth with him to the grave. Wonder if we will ever find out what really happened when NASA suddenly switched to encrypted radio communications?

That's common knowledge, Diogo! ;)

Anyway, the world has lost a great man. RIP Neil Armstrong and my thoughts are with his friends and family.

0.jpg

:(

That is indeed sad news, What an amazing life he had! To be the first person to walk on the moon. Amazing.

What makes this worse is the fact that his death comes just over a month after Sally Ride passed away.

A giant loss for mankind. :(

What such sad news.

We have lost a truly amazing figure, who will hopefully continue to be celebrated for many generations to come. My thoughts go to those close to him.

R.I.P. Neil Armstrong, 5th August 1930 - 25th August 2012.

I'm very saddened by this. I watched a BBC documentary on him a few months ago, which described his shyness and unwillingness to bask in the glory of his feat. I found that particularly endearing and hope he died a happy man.

"Looking back, we were really very privileged to live in that thin slice of history where we changed how man looks at himself and what he might become and where he might go."

This article also raises a good point about how we have lost our way since: http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/the-l ... sfeed=true

He was "shy" because he was ordered to keep his mouth shut about what they really found up there. ;)

DiogoJ42 said:
He was "shy" because he was ordered to keep his mouth shut about what they really found up there. ;)

He and the others reportedly walked into the wrong studio at first, stumbling into a set from Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid was enough to turn anyone into a recluse.

Any true conspiracy fan knows that the whole "it was faked" thing is bull. You can't fake something that involves thousands of people working on such a massive project. Someone would have talked. They went to the moon alright.

The "faked" story was made up to throw people off the real truth... that while on the moon they found evidence of another civilisation. Depending on who you believe, it was either ruins with no sign of life in the last few thousand years, or that they actually met aliens... who warned them not to return.

Now, whichever of those is true, supposedly Armstrong and Aldrin had no idea about this until they got there (some think NASA may have suspected but not told them). So it's understandable that he would withdraw and not want to talk about it after such a shock.

Whatever really happened up there, they guy was a true pioneer. RIP indeed.

I do believe they went there, I was just making a joke - hence my initial tribute.

Your theory is interesting but highly unlikely and there's certainly no evidence to support it. He was painfully shy throughout his life, it is well documented.

DiogoJ42 said:
......... or that they actually met aliens..................

No it was not aliens, it was Wallace and Gromit having a A Grand Day Out. Being chased by Wallace waving Wensleydale at you is very shocking :D

Talking about conspiracies, have ATS started saying the US Governent killed him off because he was about to reveal it was fake/they found something/whatever? :p

What a sad loss for mankind. I'm finding it hard to get it to sink in. :(

DiogoJ42 said:

Someone's been watching Apollo 18, haven't they? :p

Actually, I've not seen it, though it is on my "get round to it" list. The theories came long before the film though.

I'm in a rush, so don't have time to do a proper search for full evidence right now, but a quick google turned up this site with transcripts of various Apollo missions.