• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Wee bit off topic but I didn't know that Alton Towers had its own cat roaming about the park as seen here walking around Nemesis' break run at 0:53!

Anyone who knows who's cat that might be or if there are other cats who somehow get into the park? Either wise, Henry Hound will be raging that he has been replaced by a cat! :p

Wee bit off topic but I didn't know that Alton Towers had its own cat roaming about the park as seen here walking around Nemesis' break run at 0:53!

Anyone who knows who's cat that might be or if there are other cats who somehow get into the park? Either wise, Henry Hound will be raging that he has been replaced by a cat! :p

There’s loads and loads of cats around Alton Towers! They are all just wild cats and I guess they just live off food and stuff from around the park.

You often see them around Forbidden Valley, Mutiny Bay and the hotels.

Loads still to be done. I guess it'll be at least March before all track is down.

These drone videos really do show the poor condition of some of the parks support structures and back areas though....

Also, one of the gates to the old extended queue appears to be open (opposite the ramp to the station). 👀

Not sure what you are getting at here? I mean why would the gate not be open at this point??

In any case, here are some new Nemesis photos taken by Wildcat Coasters.

Fktiz_tXkAAkRTf.jpegFktiz_sXgAEEcAw.jpegFktiz_tWYAEo_RI.jpegFktiz_uWQAE9EWn.jpeg

I would not bank (excuse the pun) on these being an indication of the colour. The track looks unpainted at this point.

Edit: Those supports appear to be one of the supports for the vertical loop, as seen below on the OG Nemmy, they look identical to what is in the first photo.

1200px-Nemesis_(Alton_Towers)_2017_01.jpg

Infact, a fair bit of that track, specifically in photo number 2, appears to be part of Nemmys new vertical loop. The flange angles and track geometry pretty much confirm that. Without going into too much geeky detail, the eagle eyed among you should be able to see the piece of track in photo number 2, that connects to the support circled in red, in the last photo.

Last edited:
I know it's different weather out there to the UK and Europe, but you'd think they'd keep them undercover for protection - from the elements and camera lenses! To the uninitiated, they way these are "placed" on the roadside makes them look like scrap pieces of track, not brand new recently manufactured pieces due to be fitted to what is arguably the world's best inverted coaster!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.