• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Came across a suggested video on YouTube at Towers from 2001 and I noticed the Nemesis on ride photo being taken right next to the first inversion . I rode Nemesis in 2001 a lot and it never really occurred to me that it used to be taken there. It would explain the facial expression on the ride pic that I still have from that year on the day it was peeing it down with rain.

You can see the camera flash at 05:53 and 21:12.

Also, if you want to hear some nostalgia, the then 'Don't look down' audio on the drop hold, it's at 13:14.

Last edited:
spinal tap GIF

I would recommend that the eagle-eyed among us look for the track code IC-DR on those track pieces to check if it’s Nemesis.

On CoasterForce, some eagle-eyed folk ascertained a while back that the Nemesis retrack’s track code is IC-DR. IC-D alludes to Nemesis being the 4th Inverted Coaster ordered from B&M, while R alludes to it being a retrack.

1672521753978.png

Can anyone make out what that says?
I’m struggling to make it out myself, but someone on CoasterForce says that they spotted IC-DR in one of the photos, thus confirming that the track is for Nemesis…

Take from that what you will…

Confirmed then. Nemesis will have a black track, purple station, purple queue line and be themed to a "secret sinister organisation" who have machine guns and tanks; and some sort of haunted tree/woodland/forest all discovered during "routine excavations".

Because that's the way Towers roll.

That or it's an undercoat. Or there's the possibility that B&M, who currently have over 100 operating coasters worldwide are (heaven forbid) fabricating more than 1 coaster this winter in some attempt to be a viable business.

As @Matt.GC says, it could easily be for another B&M coaster.

However, if “IC-DR” is seen on any of the black track pieces, then it’s definitely Nemesis. If you’re wondering how I know that this is the track code for the Nemesis retrack, it’s because “IC-DR” was apparently seen written on the bolt boxes on site at Alton Towers, thus indicating that it alludes towards Nemesis.

A CoasterForce member says that they saw “IC-DR” on one of the black track pieces, for what it’s worth, but I can’t seem to find it myself…

On a geeky side note, this also confirms that “IC-D” was the track code for the original Nemesis…

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.