• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
you’d assume now that there will be new trains as the current white(ishh) seats will not match the track. Could we see a red train or similar…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think that the trains will likely stay the same, but a red train would be better at matching a colour scheme with black track and red supports.

In reality I don’t think John wardley has much involvement in this project. He’s obviously been a part of the farewell and other marketing aspects of it all, but I’d imagine that a team of very skilled people led by John Burton are the driving force in this whole thing. I do think we cling to John Wardley a bit too much in the uk industry.

I’m in no way saying he shouldn’t be involved or respected, but let’s open our eyes more to the talent coming through the ranks and accept that John is pretty much fully retired now and has handed the baton to others.
I absolutely agree that there are talented people at MMM and that the next gen of talent should have the opportunity to shine, but it doesn't change the fact that MMM have somehow made poor decisions in recent years getting a poor return even on major investments (DBGT?, etc).

If John is involved, I think they will be listening and whilst he may not be involved as much as some, I think he will have the power to veto any really bad decisions, otherwise what's the point

He has done it before even when contracts were at an advanced stage (SW1 and SW2 disappointing pipeline coasters).

I don't think it would take months of his full time involvement to prevent them from taking entirely the wrong path.

A bad idea, is a bad idea. Whilst there may be subjective differences of opinion on Nemmies's direction, I am not expecting any major objective bad decisions.

I absolutely agree that there are talented people at MMM and that the next gen of talent should have the opportunity to shine, but it doesn't change the fact that MMM have somehow made poor decisions in recent years getting a poor return even on major investments (DBGT?, etc).

If John is involved, I think they will be listening and whilst he may not be involved as much as some, I think he will have the power to veto any really bad decisions, otherwise what's the point

He has done it before even when contracts were at an advanced stage (SW1 and SW2 disappointing pipeline coasters).

I don't think it would take months of his full time involvement to prevent them from taking entirely the wrong path.

A bad idea, is a bad idea. Whilst there may be subjective differences of opinion on Nemmies's direction, I am not expecting any major objective bad decisions.

I think you are conflating different things here. The ride required is dictated by the individual attractions, and this is nearly always dictated by the marketing teams, MMM work to the brief they are given.

The concepts are then further tampered with by the accountants who then inevitably cut the budget by 30-40%.

Ultimately it makes little difference but I think it’s unfair to say MMM are solely responsible for some of the less than successful projects, if the foundation set by the marketing and accountant shills is rocky you can’t then polish a turd.

I think you are conflating different things here. The ride required is dictated by the individual attractions, and this is nearly always dictated by the marketing teams, MMM work to the brief they are given.

The concepts are then further tampered with by the accountants who then inevitably cut the budget by 30-40%.

Ultimately it makes little difference but I think it’s unfair to say MMM are solely responsible for some of the less than successful projects, if the foundation set by the marketing and accountant shills is rocky you can’t then polish a turd.
Leave us poor accountants alone......

Leave us poor accountants alone......
I've never seen a poor accountant LOL.

Let's hope all of the budget goes where it should. Knowing Merlin they will hire a Feng Shui consultant (Put that wardrobe over there... That will be 50 grand, please). That's my theory for where the budget went on DBGT.

All I know for sure is that if Nemmie 2.0 delivers the same ride experience then it's a win.

The colour wouldn't be a deal breaker for me (unless it's pink), and whilst I will miss the Nemesis roar if the sand filled track does what it is purported to do, it will be a small price to pay to have this awesome coaster for another 25 years.

It really upsets me seeing such a iconic bit of track sat in the scrap yard, I know it's inevitable as it's the logical place for it to go and it's for the best as I'm nothing but excited for nemmy 2.0

I do wonder if there's gonna be much ride parts sold obviously the bulk of the steel track is gonna go to the scrap yard.

I'm sure that there must be some people in MMM who are passionate about Wardley and his creations so surely some would be listening intently to what he says.

I think you’d be surprised.

Wardley had great designs and ideas, but he’s retired now, he still is despite any talks he might do at the parks.

I'm sure that there must be some people in MMM who are passionate about Wardley and his creations so surely some would be listening intently to what he says.
If you want to talk about flat rides you'd like to see come to the park, then I highly suggest this thread here, there's some great ideas thrown in there:

Pretty sure these have been there for quite a while, just not really that interesting unless you are desperately trying to grab the social media likes.
In fairness it was one of many photos they uploaded from their recent visit. I don’t see anything sensationalised here. I will leave the discussion back to the track colour 😳

In fairness it was one of many photos they uploaded from their recent visit. I don’t see anything sensationalised here. I will leave the discussion back to the track colour 😳

Fair enough, I don’t follow much social media so I probably jumped the gun on how much this was raised by them :)

But yeah footer metal work has been around for a little while now, though no evidence it’s close to being used yet I suppose.

Regarding the possible black track (again) I'm just wondering that since the only reason most don't want black track for Nemesis is that we already have a good few on the park that are in black and with 90% of Merlin coasters in general...would we be having this debate if the likes of Smiler and Thirteen were in any other colour other than black or at least have a secondary colour?

I agree there should be more variety with colours for the coasters and having more all black coloured coasters is quite degressive for the parkand there might be a secondary colour for Nemesis which would at least be an improvement from what's come before.

He is very experienced however, and I hope that people at MMM still consider his advice useful.
I’m sure those that know of him do.

Sometimes I think enthusiasts forget that not everyone that works in the industry or visits theme parks knows who a Theme Park Consultant or Designer is.

Companies like MMM, Scruffy Dog etc are made up of primarily trades people, carpenters/joiners, artists and the like and not all of those people will be in the know.

I find it unlikely that the vast majority of people within MMM are given a brief regarding who the original designer of a given attraction is.

There’s nothing to even say that Wardley is involved per se with Nemesis or Duel apart from being wheeled out as fan service for the Annual Enthusiasts Gathering.

It’s honestly quite tiring for people to look at this topic and see the same points being brought up regarding Wardley, Black Track or wether stanchion base photos are new or not.

Also, let’s remember that it wasn’t just John Wardley who worked on Nemesis, there was a collective group who worked on the original project, let’s give credit to those people too.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.