• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I'm sure IMAscore would do a soundtrack justice given the chance. But hey, let's just write it off because of the usual M£rlin are crap diatribe.

You make a good point with IMAScore work. Maybe in the hands of the people who did the recent Mardi Gras stuff rather than say Vampire it could work. Or just play the full loop in better quality and that'd probably do it.

You make a good point with IMAScore work. Maybe in the hands of the people who did the recent Mardi Gras stuff rather than say Vampire it could work. Or just play the full loop in better quality and that'd probably do it.

Keep the original - have a better quality sound system

Easy.

With this and the potential Duel refurb I think we will be seeing a clearer picture of where the park is heading under the new owners of Merlin

I'm sure IMAscore would do a soundtrack justice given the chance. But hey, let's just write it off because of the usual M£rlin are crap diatribe.
Didn't they do the short remix of Nemesis for the fireworks last year? After just rewatching that part, it would be an awesome relaunch show the day it opens just before they open the queue line for the first time - if it was at night time!!

Nemesis has one of the best, most well themed and simply great soundtrack on park, it does not need changing, in fact changing it would be a negative. I don't really think there's much they can do to improve it. It's easily one of the best theme park soundtracks of all time. Some good points about new speaker systems though, I'm sure hearing it through some new speakers would be nice, and hopefully can reach the whole queue and area a lot better than what the current set do. IMAscore are alright however I wouldn't want them to touch nemesis' theme tune, I just don't think it needs anything doing to it.

Didn't Alton Towers lose the original Nemesis track and now what you hear is only part of the original? If that's the case, the only thing I would say is to get the full soundtrack back. I don't have a problem with IMAscore remastering it as long as the brief is to be faithful to the original.

Didn't Alton Towers lose the original Nemesis track and now what you hear is only part of the original? If that's the case, the only thing I would say is to get the full soundtrack back. I don't have a problem with IMAscore remastering it as long as the brief is to be faithful to the original.
Is this it?

Yes I believe that is true. I may be mistaken but I thought they had to take a version that had been uploaded to a fansite at the time.

The estate of Graham Smart released some of his work including Nemesis on bandcamp or something similar. I can't remember which one it is. I imagine his estate still has a version of the full one

I agree Nemesis has one hell of a brilliant soundtrack. What I said was that it'd be nice to have it remastered - cleaned up and freshened. I would be very sad to see it go. 😊

Do you guys think the retracked track paintwork will have the original colour scheme as it had in 92? I'd think it'd be a nice touch and be better than the current single colour cream looking track.

Do you guys think the retracked track paintwork will have the original colour scheme as it had in 92? I'd think it'd be a nice touch and be better than the current single colour cream looking track.
I think they’ll probably keep the current one; they said on the planning application that there would be no major visual changes.

Controversially, I actually prefer the current track colour to the original one from a visual standpoint. I think the painted on rust effect looks really cool!

I think they’ll probably keep the current one; they said on the planning application that there would be no major visual changes.

Controversially, I actually prefer the current track colour to the original one from a visual standpoint. I think the painted on rust effect looks really cool!
Yeah it always makes me laugh when people think that it's actual rust 😂

So you are saying the original paint work would be a major visual change from the current one? I would disagree.

So you are saying the original paint work would be a major visual change from the current one? I would disagree.
Perhaps not, but I definitely remember something along the lines of “the ride’s visuals will be kept the same” being said.

I understand. I could be wrong but I would interpret that more as being in terms of visuals, sight lines and visibility of the ride in the surrounding areas in terms of the tree height rules and what not. Colour is something that can be very easily changed, a physically built structure is not, so would be more relevant in a planning document. Especially for a ride that is in a sensitive area..

Personally I do not think that bit in the document refers to colour at all.

I understand. I could be wrong but I would interpret that more as being in terms of visuals, sight lines and visibility of the ride in the surrounding areas in terms of the tree height rules and what not. Colour is something that can be very easily changed, a physically built structure is not, so would be more relevant in a planning document. Especially for a ride that is in a sensitive area..

Personally I do not think that bit in the document refers to colour at all.
I can’t remember the exact phrase, but it was something along those lines.

Since they didn’t need any planning consent to amend the colour scheme from the original to the current one, I suspect this isn’t really something that can be gleaned by any statements on the latest application.

Essentially it could go either way. For what it’s worth I would prefer they went with the original. The current paint job always felt temporary to me, as if they knew this retrack was on the horizon and didn’t want to spend more money on detailed paint scheme when the track was likely to be replaced anyway.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.