• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis Reborn: General Discussion

With the new queue layout you don't miss much with the extensions closed, maybe some different views of the queue line theming and the car parks but that's about it.
Yeah, you don’t go past the piece of track that looks like it’s coming out of the ground, you don’t go round the back of the gun or round the back of the shipping container, but still go in front of both. Quite well designed tbh.

I have my doubts about solid steel wearing against polyurethane wheels. I could be wrong. But I've never seen this. Just see paint wear off that's all. Maybe that is enough?
I agree that there wouldn't be much wear, but wear does work both ways. After 30 years of operation I assume there would be some difference to a piece of track fresh out the factory.

Now, if the paint was regularly being reapplied to the rails you could say that would negate any wear. But we know in the last 20 years repainting has been irregular at best.

I've now visited twice this season, opening day, and yesterday and i've noticed when observing the ride that there is a reverberation sound that is quite tricky to hear but i've noticed it after the train navigates the first turn until the train enters the zero G. You can't hear it on ride and it's not a sound coming from the train itself. It lingers around in the track. I've heard it when queueing around the top of the lift and when you pass under the lift. I can't hear it during the second half of the ride, only that very first part. I have also heard it on some videos of the ride which i'll keep looking out for.

Anyone else notice it? It's subtle but is there. Oh and i'm not meaning the rattles and judders that the trains have here. This is coming from within the track itself.

Last edited:
Been on it few times today and the rattle is bad it’s got worse in just a week. Middle seats are fine but end seats are bad. Same situation as Smiler as that is much smoother in middle seats too. Hopefully they sort it because it was smoother in 2022 won’t lie

I reckon it's a similar reason to Smiler too, the very very hard wheels. Faster ride but way less smooth.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but according to Towers Times' recent Nemesis article the claw is supposed to move as well as the eye, but they've had issues getting it working.

The creature has also been further transformed with the addition of a giant new claw which has seemingly grabbed hold of one of the track supports and torn it away from the track. We understand that this is also supposed to be animated, with the top part of the claw having the ability to move up and down, however difficulties have been encountered in getting this feature functional.

Source

Been on it few times today and the rattle is bad it’s got worse in just a week. Middle seats are fine but end seats are bad. Same situation as Smiler as that is much smoother in middle seats too. Hopefully they sort it because it was smoother in 2022 won’t lie
What train did you ride on? I rode 1 and 2 across a total of 5 rides yesterday and found the issue gone on the outside seats (even on row 8) on 2 but 1 still had the issue.

It is absolutely not the same situation as smiler at all. The Smiler has awful jolts all over the layout from start to finish. This is a vibration likely caused by harder wheels to prevent stalling (something the smiler is probably also not familiar with).

Likely the wheels will be swapped out and the issue will go. The issue is with the trains, smiler has issues with the track which is compounded by harder wheels.

I only rode twice yesterday but that’s exactly the same as my experience (on Nemesis not Smiler, you struggle to get me on there). The middle seat was one of the best rides I’ve ever had and the end seat was a bit of a headbanger.

I've now visited twice this season, opening day, and yesterday and i've noticed when observing the ride that there is a reverberation sound that is quite tricky to hear but i've noticed it after the train navigates the first turn until the train enters the zero G. You can't hear it on ride and it's not a sound coming from the train itself. It lingers around in the track. I've heard it when queueing around the top of the lift and when you pass under the lift. I can't hear it during the second half of the ride, only that very first part. I have also heard it on some videos of the ride which i'll keep looking out for.

Anyone else notice it? It's subtle but is there. Oh and i'm not meaning the rattles and judders that the trains have here. This is coming from within the track itself.
Maybe the sand inside the running rails?

It is absolutely not the same situation as smiler at all. The Smiler has awful jolts all over the layout from start to finish. This is a vibration likely caused by harder wheels to prevent stalling (something the smiler is probably also not familiar with).
I mean I don’t think either of them are smooth as such. I did both rides 4 times today and smiler was definitely smoother than my smoothest nemesis ride. Smiler has some jolts that are a bit uncomfortable but the juddering/vibration on Nemesis just feels odd

I mean I don’t think either of them are smooth as such. I did both rides 4 times today and smiler was definitely smoother than my smoothest nemesis ride. Smiler has some jolts that are a bit uncomfortable but the juddering/vibration on Nemesis just feels odd
I think I would take “just feels odd” over uncomfortable jolts. It sounds like you didn’t note which trains you went on for Nemesis. There is noticeable difference between the two so I presume you got 1 on every ride today which is unfortunate.

I will echo the concern for the rattle it has. I’ve had two rides now, both on outer seats and it’s rather noticeable, but for the average rider? I doubt they’ll pick up on it too much. Seems like they are just ironing out a few issues. But interestingly it does seem to be a bit of a trend for new B&Ms having a rattle on opening, both Mandrill Mayhem and Nemesis have one! And I’ve heard reports from riders of Pipeline that it suffers the same issue. Hopefully this isn’t a thing now with B&M. Something seems to have changed somewhere down the line. But it’s absolutely nowhere near as poor as the ride experience The Smiler delivers.

I’ll do a longer written review of Nemesis Reborn at some stage, but personally, I have to say that had there not been so much discussion about this rattle, I probably wouldn’t have thought anything of it. And I say that despite having a relatively low roughness tolerance.

I had 2 rides; a row 7 middle seat and a row 4 outer seat. In the row 7 middle seat, I hardly even noticed it. In the row 4 outer seat, I noticed it a tad more, but it still wasn’t even close to being rattly enough to affect enjoyment for me, and I don’t exactly have a high roughness tolerance. I’d liken it to the “Mack rattle” on Icon; a very minor vibration that can just about be felt, but nothing that vaguely affects enjoyment for me.

Based on reviews, I was expecting something more akin to Mandrill Mayhem, which bounced and rattled notably in a manner that often gave me a slight headache, or Hulk 2.0 at Universal Orlando, which is a surprising headbasher for a recently retracked B&M and was even when I first rode it 3 weeks after it reopened from the retrack. For me, my experience on Nemesis over the weekend was not as rough or rattly as either of the above and didn’t really register as an enjoyment inhibitor in the way that it did on either of those rides. It was no more rattly than some rides I had on the original.

For me, my key smoothness-related pet peeve with the original Nemesis is that it often had a tendency to be a slight headbasher through some of the inversions, and this seems to have been completely solved by Nemesis Reborn. So from that standpoint, I’m pretty pleased!

I grant you, however, that I’m unsure which trains I rode in.

I’ll do a longer written review of Nemesis Reborn at some stage, but personally, I have to say that had there not been so much discussion about this rattle, I probably wouldn’t have thought anything of it. And I say that despite having a relatively low roughness tolerance.

I had 2 rides; a row 7 middle seat and a row 4 outer seat. In the row 7 middle seat, I hardly even noticed it. In the row 4 outer seat, I noticed it a tad more, but it still wasn’t even close to being rattly enough to affect enjoyment for me, and I don’t exactly have a high roughness tolerance. I’d liken it to the “Mack rattle” on Icon; a very minor vibration that can just about be felt, but nothing that vaguely affects enjoyment for me.

Based on reviews, I was expecting something more akin to Mandrill Mayhem, which bounced and rattled notably in a manner that often gave me a slight headache, or Hulk 2.0 at Universal Orlando, which is a surprising headbasher for a recently retracked B&M and was even when I first rode it 3 weeks after it reopened from the retrack. For me, my experience on Nemesis over the weekend was not as rough or rattly as either of the above and didn’t really register as an enjoyment inhibitor in the way that it did on either of those rides. It was no more rattly than some rides I had on the original.

For me, my key smoothness-related pet peeve with the original Nemesis is that it often had a tendency to be a slight headbasher through some of the inversions, and this seems to have been completely solved by Nemesis Reborn. So from that standpoint, I’m pretty pleased!

I grant you, however, that I’m unsure which trains I rode in.
I had both my rides in Train 1, so maybe that has something to do with my experience. And it was only being half loaded. I’ll see tomorrow what it’s like with a full train. I still absolutely loved it, nonetheless.

I think I would take “just feels odd” over uncomfortable jolts. It sounds like you didn’t note which trains you went on for Nemesis. There is noticeable difference between the two so I presume you got 1 on every ride today which is unfortunate.
You’re right I have no idea what train I was on so not sure which one is worse

noticed it after the train navigates the first turn until the train enters the zero G
By first turn do you mean top of lift or helix? . .

They added an extra support in the helix, so maybe that could be causing some weird resonance issues. .

A bit like a guitar string being held on a fret.

By first turn do you mean top of lift or helix? . .

They added an extra support in the helix, so maybe that could be causing some weird resonance issues. .

A bit like a guitar string being held on a fret.
I mean after the lift. As soon as the train has left the first drop, you can hear a vibration / resonance in the box section. It lasts until the train has gone over the zero G.

Have you ever stood next to a tall light post (like in a car park) when it's super windy out and you can hear the cables in the hollow post rattling and hitting the insides of the post and vibrating? That's "sort" of what it sounds like.