• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis Reborn: General Discussion

The key word to bear in mind here is “opinion”. These are simply people’s opinions, and everyone is entitled to an opinion regardless of what it may be.

If you think Icon is the best coaster in the UK, that’s fine. If you think it’s rubbish, that’s also fine. Everyone who’s experienced these rides can have their own opinion, and no one can take that away from them!

This is why I tend to resort to calling something “my favourite coaster in the UK” rather than “the best coaster in the UK”, simply because “best” implies that it’s an objective fact when (in my view) there is no such thing as an objective “best”. Favourites and preferences are entirely subjective.

I’ve heard someone say Hero is better than Galactica so I’d argue that some opinions shouldn’t be allowed
No matter how controversial that may be, that is their opinion and their truth and no one can take that away from them!

You and I are also equally entitled to vehemently disagree with that opinion (which I do and it would appear you do too), but that doesn’t make their opinion any less valid.

To be fair, I’ve heard Shawn from TPW say in the not to distant past that Icon is his UK number one, so I think any opinion is valid! Apart from maybe preferring Hero to Galactica 😂

When the dust settles on Hyperia, a number of people currently declaring it their UK no. 1 might revert back to Nemesis or something else, but Hyperia existing doesn’t diminish Nemesis or any other coaster.

To be fair, I’ve heard Shawn from TPW say in the not to distant past that Icon is his UK number one, so I think any opinion is valid!
Up until the opening of Nemesis Reborn, this was a view that Shawn maintained, so I don’t think that this was exactly new ride hype!

Indeed, until a particularly good series of rides on Wicker Man recently, that’s an opinion I wholeheartedly shared with Shawn!

Okay ye sure. I bet you’re the sort person to say magnum is better than Steel vengeance
Neither of which you have ridden either. Why do you keep asserting that opinions somehow have to be definitive? Its becoming more of a broken record than my incessant whining.

I can only pass judgment on what I know about Hyperia, which does not extend to how it feels to ride because I haven't ridden it. I like Icon, almost every else on here thinks it crap. So what? You might find Brake Run utter tosh when you ride it for all we know.

I had my first ride on Nemesis reborn today and was pleasantly surprised by the whole presentation. In fact the park is looking the best it has for many years in my opinion.

One point (which I'm hoping is just an observation) is that when I exited the ride I stopped to look at the hidden corkscrew and I noticed that there were at least four missing bolts from the support connection which had clearly been there previously. I was unsure whether to notify the park but I settled on posting it here first in the hope that someone would confirm this to be old news and nothing to worry about...?

Yeah, I noticed them loose, but realised they were worth three hundred retail, so I whipped them out as commercially sensitive information.

Am I the only one that found the "big dollop of concrete" method of bodging the tentacles into the ground a bit dodgy?
Fiversworth of time and effort, will cost a lot more now they have set like, er, concrete.

Yeah, I noticed them loose, but realised they were worth three hundred retail, so I whipped them out as commercially sensitive information.

Am I the only one that found the "big dollop of concrete" method of bodging the tentacles into the ground a bit dodgy?
Fiversworth of time and effort, will cost a lot more now they have set like, er, concrete.
While this probably wasn't their intention, but maybe as the concrete darkens it'll give a sort of impression that the tentacles have burst out of the ground and said concrete will look like the broken ground around it?

Looks more like they rushed, created a half arsed effect, and the results are set in stone.

Looks nothing like broken stone, looks a lot like crap concrete, placed by cowboys, some of which are a bit of a tripping hazard.

Last edited:
I had my first ride on Nemesis reborn today and was pleasantly surprised by the whole presentation. In fact the park is looking the best it has for many years in my opinion.

One point (which I'm hoping is just an observation) is that when I exited the ride I stopped to look at the hidden corkscrew and I noticed that there were at least four missing bolts from the support connection which had clearly been there previously. I was unsure whether to notify the park but I settled on posting it here first in the hope that someone would confirm this to be old news and nothing to worry about...?
There are a few sections of the ride where there are bolts missing.
I don't know why exactly, but I am guessing that they either do not line up properly, and are waiting to see if the ride settles over time and the holes align and bolts will be put in during maintenance.
They did have to grind some of the sections when they had been installed, most notably in the top section of the vertical loop, so this may have had something to do with it.
I'm sure that engineers working on the ride are aware of it's limitations and what it can run safely, without.

1716956436491.png

There's a few places where bolts aren't fitted/required, I wouldn't worry about it.

They could do with putting some plastic caps over them if they're not needed. At least then it would look like it's meant to be like that and avoid any hysteria if the media get wind and try to claim it's unsafe.