• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis Reborn: General Discussion

Was the fast track queue in use yesterday?
I won’t comment on the ride to I ride it later in the year but I did watch a live vlog for about 10 mins and I only saw 2 trains left the station in that time.

IMG_8872.jpeg

Noticed that these pipes (presumably for the waterfalls) looked very new. I really do think we could see the return of them very soon and that it wasn’t quite ready for opening day.
I noticed this too and took pictures too. Also further up in the queue there was a valve visible in the earth which looked as though some digging/work had recently taken place.
The had also cleared out the trenches under the walkways where the water would normally flow, so I too am very hopeful.
Overall I had a good day. The weather later on really ruined it, so when we went back to FV for a night time re-ride of Nemesis, my friend was not up for waiting in a 125 minute queue in the rain, so we left. Though from what I've heard we would have been disappointed anyway.
But the atmosphere in FV was unlike anything I have ever seen before.
I am really pleased with the outcome of this project. The theming is unlike anything I have seen at AT before, and I am happy to say that I feel they have done justice to Nemesis.
I just have to hope that the effects (eye, smoke, gun sound, and helicopter rotors, search lights) are maintained.
The ride was exceptionally smooth and has eliminated the headbanging that you would sometimes experience with the zero-g-roll and final corkscrew.
However, did anyone else notice there was a bit of a rattle on the final turn into the break run?

I was adamant that I wanted a Nemesis Reborn and a 1994 hoodie and hat, but I was not about to queue to go in a shop. And was really disappointed that there was no Nemesis merch, aside from a couple of t-shirts in Towers Trading.

And I will finish on, I have never been to AT alone, is anyone else in the same boat as me re the night ride on Nemesis, who would perhaps like to meet and go for next Alton After Dark?

Attachments

• IMG_3260.JPG
    IMG_3260.JPG
    381.5 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
The new theming makes the station narrower. There physically isn't room anymore.
That's a massive shame and probably their only mistake by the looks of it. Hopefully there is a way to shorten the queue for when it gets quiet too but doesn't look like it.

Sadly I won’t be going to ride it much without the front row queue. I find the ride anywhere apart from the front row a bit dull. The whole excitement for me is seeing the near misses coming towards you.

Just get Fastrack and Rap to go down where Rap was yesterday on the quiet days and the main queue can go down the current fastrack queue
I second this actually, a lot of parks do tend to close the main queues on quiet days and send guests down the Fastrack lanes. Would make sense.

It was a great day yesterday, atmosphere was brilliant. I arrived at the front entrance at around 8.30 and joined the queue for nemesis just outside the entrance for forbidden valley. At which point I presume they opened the queue as we were soon in the actual queue and from when the ride started operating we waited about 2 hours, so imo it was worth getting to the park that bit earlier to avoid that massive 4hour queue early on.

I was in row 3 and the ride itself was great, obviously needs time to bed in, but overall it felt similar to original Nemesis so no complaints there.

Just want to also clarify that although the queue for Nemesis did hit 4.5 hours at one point, it didn’t stay that way all day. It did drop to 90minutes for a good chunk of the afternoon, to avoid any “there was a 5 hour queue all day for Nemesis Reborn!” hyperbole.

I didn’t queue for the shop, but feel a bit sad that I’ve probably missed out on some exclusive merch as a result but also wanted something Reborn related to commemorate today. I went to look in towers trading to see if there was anything in there but there was nothing which was disappointing. I just didn’t fancy waiting an hour plus for the new shop. Seemed like an attraction in itself.

Gutted that I missed a night right as well due to the breakdown. We waited it out for a while but my other half was wet and cold and getting miserable so we bailed. This must have been just before they ‘evacuated’ the queue. From what I’ve read it seems communication was very poor around this and understandably people who were told the ride won’t be reopening only to find it did actually reopen are upset, hopefully it’s a one off.

The area looks fantastic, most of the new theming looks really good. I thought the gun looked great at first but on closer inspection it does look a bit cheap and from photos on here it’s already started to succumb to the rain so hopefully they can sort that out.

Definitely one of if not the best themed attraction in the UK right now.

IMG_5106.jpeg
IMG_5116.jpeg
IMG_5126.jpeg
IMG_5132.jpeg
IMG_5158.jpeg
IMG_5166.jpeg

That's a massive shame and probably their only mistake by the looks of it.
Let's not overlook the janky gun and the generic helicopters.

I think we are allowed to be honest here. They've done some remarkable work here - way more than we have come to expect from Merlin, but there are also a couple of places they've missed the mark.

The overall package looks really impressive though.

Some thoughts on yesterday... I was quite lucky and only queued for a little over 90 minutes, but it flew by much quicker thanks to the theming and the wonderful views of what was to come. It was a bit disheartening to see the smaller RAP queue file in at a much quicker pace but that's a different discussion. I think the weather was also really kind today, so it wasn't really a hardship standing around, letting the anticipation build. After what I seemed like an eternity I finally reached the front of the queue at around 2pm. I had a quick look around and bought some M&M's and a Fanta. In hindsight I should have gone to the shop at Katanga Canyon.

Most of the new theming is great but the gun and the mini helicopter perfectly 'crashed' on the convenient pile of obviously fake rocks does stink, and the bit of track in the shipping container - at least they buried the ends of the other track piece so it does look a bit like it's come out of the ground.

The other helicopter does look good though, and the station is incredible. The eye especially, I loved how it even has a special animation when the ride goes down where it starts blinking heavier until it falls asleep until the ride reopens, lovely touch.

New music is fine but I definitely preferred the old one, the new one just feels a bit Marvel-y or something.

The ride itself feels exactly like the old one already, just painful that it's so quiet now.

Have some more in-depth thoughts about Nemmy Rebo and the new Forbidden Valley

Been looking forward to this a lot, but had some reservations regarding Forbidden Valley and its theming, I do think it’s a real shame that Forbidden Valley has lost its Post Apocalyptic, Mad Max-y vibe, but what’s been done with the new theme is - regardless of personal taste - very impressive.

Almost every major set piece moves, every set piece has sound, the station and shop have their own small show sequences, the theming is dynamic in a way that Merlin hasn’t really attempted before. The area makes you feel like you’re in a bombastic monster movie, if old Forbidden Valley was about exploring where an event had happened, New is about seeing it, hearing it, and feeling it happen. This whole project feels like Merlin’s first step into the modern era of theme parks, if this is the new quality bar for Merlin there’s a lot to be excited about.

Towers' continual commitment to street theatre helps the area shine as well. I’m not under the illusion there will be this many characters out all the time, but knowing you’ll see at least one of them is a lot of fun and helps the area feel alive. I’m particularly fond of the Mushroom Cloud Tour Guide, hope you find your bus king!

This isn’t to say everything’s perfect of course, the “school perimeter” fencing is ugly and the gun in the queue line screams “We tried to move the old one but it fell apart, so we threw this together” But what’s wrong is pretty minor and fixable, after seeing the tweaks Alton Manor got last year I wouldn’t be surprised if we *actually* saw this stuff worked on.

But yeah, really impressed with it all, Forbidden Valley truly feels like it belongs to Nemesis again. I’m looking forward to spending more time in the area throughout the year and seeing how it evolves over the coming years, they cooked!

More likely to have been an external company than MMM - they drive the creative vision/theme, but the design of hardware etc. is usually outsourced.
Usually makes sense commercially too - if its Capital Expenditure (CapX) which they get a tax cut for (usually the case with big projects so the business saves money) there are rules where they usually have to outsource - this way it stimulates growth in the local and wider economy, which is defo needed during this time of high inflation (which sometimes causes negative growth as everything costs more - Pizza Pasta was more expensive than last year when we visited yesterday!)

Once the project is handed over for commissioning the ride, it'll be Operation Expenditure (OpX) and Business as usual (BAU).