• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis Reborn: General Discussion

I mostly only ever visit on off-peak days and usually get a solid 18-20 rides in and that's without running around like a mad man too.

3 rides alone on Smiler on a peak day practically is your full day gone. I can do that in 15/20 mins when I visit.

We went on today with a rain and drizzle day! We were the second carriage to leave the station upon opening proceeded to the lift hill and it was like buckets of water being thrown at us from above we were all soaking wet not from the rain but from the ride whats going on 🤔

I mostly only ever visit on off-peak days and usually get a solid 18-20 rides in and that's without running around like a mad man too.

3 rides alone on Smiler on a peak day practically is your full day gone. I can do that in 15/20 mins when I visit.
I do that too, but I reccomend single ride queue for the smiler, there was no one in it one day and got to 5 back to back rides in like 30 mins (had to sit down for a while after)

the rattle was worse at the rear of the train, I wonder if they are trying to reduce it and stop people from sitting near the back, but I also think it has some seat sensor issues so could be that.

We went on today with a rain and drizzle day! We were the second carriage to leave the station upon opening proceeded to the lift hill and it was like buckets of water being thrown at us from above we were all soaking wet not from the rain but from the ride whats going on 🤔
It was Nemmy drooling on you 😛

Last edited:
It was Nemmy drooling on you😛

It used to be the case that track grease clogged up the drainage tubes, which kept the big panel under the wheels (which is basically a big wide bucket) clear of water.

Keep a train in the rain on the brakes and it soon fills up.

One very, very hot summer, they were filled intentionally with buckets of water so that they'd fling massive arcs of water over the queuing guests under the corkscrew...but you didn't hear that from me.

Why it's an issue now though, I'm not sure?

Last edited:
They didn't keep it closed intentionally. It will have been having teething issues which is very common with new coasters which this pretty much is.

Nemesis being closed on Tuesday was nothing to do with it being a new coaster. They had the pumps in the pit, clearing the water for hours, due to how much it had rained overnight.

Shame. Seemed like a chance for it to double as as water ride. 'Nemesplish' has a good ring to it.

Oh come now, we've been here before when you suggested that every coaster should be running flat out at full capacity on off peak days or should be closed.

Like you, I tend to visit the park on days like today, and if after waiting 18 months to get back on my favourite coaster in the park they closed it completely, eliminating the option to get a chance to ride it, I wouldn't be too happy about it.

Genuine question here, would you be happy if it was your only trip of the year, you've travelled miles to get there under the premise that it would be open, and they decided to close it for the day just because it's running lower capacity?
Off course I wouldn’t be happy about it but there was no communication as to why the train wasn’t being filled. There was certainly lots of moaning and anger about it in the queue line which is understandable when they haven’t said anything and to most people it would just look like they’re not running the ride properly

"We're not filling up the train due to technical issues but the rest of the train is fine honest" would not fill me with any confidence.
Better to be honest because communication is key. We saw on Saturday how bad communication was looks like the staff need that training

Better to be honest because communication is key. We saw on Saturday how bad communication was looks like the staff need that training

When working at Chessie was always due to "technical difficulties". Yet people would still ask for more details as if the staff know the exact issue that might be happening. Towers are unsurprisingly even more coy on the matter.

The rogue staff member on opening night sounded like someone on a power trip.

85 minutes is ridiculous though. Doesn't bode well for me tomorrow.

Do we know why they are only loading half the train? I heard lots of rechecks were necessary over the weekend. Wondering if these were all in the rear half of the train that is now out of service?

I am guessing the other train is being worked on. They won't want to have Nemesis on half train at the weekend!

Nemesis being closed on Tuesday was nothing to do with it being a new coaster. They had the pumps in the pit, clearing the water for hours, due to how much it had rained overnight.

Shame. Seemed like a chance for it to double as as water ride. 'Nemesplish' has a good ring to it.
Exclusive VIP experience! Only £120 per person per ride!