• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis Reborn: General Discussion

Just had my first ride on Nemesis Reborn, and it’s basically as Nemesis as Nemesis ever was despite one thing… it has a rattle. It also went down for 20-30 minutes to add the second train. However both trains were only loading the first 4 rows, so seems like it’s not just a train issue maybe?. The area surrounding is great, a few unfinished bits here and there but apart from that job well done. Also just come to wicker man for a drink in welcome Inn and got served a wine glass measure of Gin and when I told him it was too much he threw half of it down the sink😂 I would have had it in another glass rather than waste it

Going too fast can't be right because every single thoosie says it's a lot slower than the "old" Nemesis :D
Disagree, that final turn feels a little more laboured but that’s maybe because it rattles in that section a little. It takes all the main elements with good speed, not dissimilar to its old self. But that’s only my experience after one ride so who knows.

Seems noticeably slower on that corner that swings out sideways around a corner towards Blade about half way through (you'd think I'd know the technical term for elements on coasters after all this time on forum's wouldn't you).

It oversped whilst we were queuing for it on opening day, with the ride stopping dead on the safety brakes about 3 times during empty testing.

It was cold, empty, and first thing in the morning, so likely that the ride isn't faster than before, just that the control system is programmed to be more sensitive to it, especially with new, different brakes.

I've seen a lot of angry people which I do understand especially if it's their one trip of the year however it's new ride hardware and PLC and towers are doing their best to fix this before the Easter holidays, only other option is closing it completely until they have it figured out.

I've seen a lot of angry people which I do understand especially if it's their one trip of the year however it's new ride hardware and PLC and towers are doing their best to fix this before the Easter holidays, only other option is closing it completely until they have it figured out.
People will be angry if there is no announcement made saying that they have to run it on reduced capacity and we apologise for the inconvenience bla bla

I have ridden many coasters, over many years, that only fill half, front, back or middle.
I have never heard an announcement about it.
Never expected one either.
Stuff happens.
New ride.
No surprise.
You’re not the one stood in a long queue when the park is only open until 4

You’re not the one stood in a long queue when the park is only open until 4

Dude, you are there three times a week, just skip it until they are loading trains again in a few days?

It’s the folks who only get to visit once in a blue moon I have sympathy for, it must be frustrating to spend so much time waiting behind what first appears to be a small number of people in line.

Last edited:
If the advertised queue time is accurate, that's surely all that matters?

Anyone with enough interest in ride operations to pose the question "why is the throughput so low?" will also have a good idea that it isn't about cost saving measures, it isn't for any benefit for the park at the expense of guests.

That's enough, surely?

So you aren't on the park, but grumbling about half empty rides that you aren't riding?
Right?
Yes. Wicker man Th13teen on 2/3 Smiler on 3/4 Oblivion on 1 station Galactica on 1 station Rita on 1/2 and Nemesis on 1/2 every big coaster is on reduced capacity. It may be a weekday but operations at Towers aren’t what they used to be and they’re arguably shown up these days by Thorpe who even on quiet days have everything on max ops

Yes. Wicker man Th13teen on 2/3 Smiler on 3/4 Oblivion on 1 station Galactica on 1 station Rita on 1/2 and Nemesis on 1/2 every big coaster is on reduced capacity. It may be a weekday but operations at Towers aren’t what they used to be and they’re arguably shown up these days by Thorpe who even on quiet days have everything on max ops

Sounds about the norm for opening week, a bunch of machines that have sat mostly idle for nearly 5 months suddenly get kicked into full operations. Only one that is a bit unusual is Nemesis which was always a reliable old bird early season (she usually threw a strop in October) but as she is new it’s hardly surprising.

Happens every year and every year people are surprised.

To be fair, Thorpe Park’s coasters mostly only have 2 trains, so their rides have slightly less of a sliding capacity scale than Alton Towers’.

Alton Towers has more than 2 trains on Galactica, Thirteen, Wicker Man, Oblivion and Smiler, whereas Thorpe only has more than 2 on Saw. Therefore, there are fewer trains for Thorpe to physically prepare for the new season. Also, only Saw at Thorpe requires any extra staff at full capacity, whereas both Galactica and Oblivion do at Alton.

I’ll agree with you that Thorpe are mostly quite good at running things at full capacity and with good operations even on reasonably quiet days, from my experience, but it is worth noting that Thorpe’s coasters have less trains in general, so they perhaps have less of a job at the start of the season than Towers does.