• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis Reborn: General Discussion

Is the rattle on Nemesis still mainly confined to one train?

If it is, I’m increasingly convinced that I must have scored the “good” train for both of my two rides, as I hardly noticed the rattle on either despite having a low roughness tolerance. My experiences on it were very smooth, and my experience of the rattle had it down as more of a benign rattle like the so-called “Mack rattle” on Icon. It was certainly nothing like the rather pronounced and distracting bounce I found to be present on Mandrill Mayhem, as an example.
I have no idea. I missed a second go because I missed ride close by a single minute because the queue on Sub Terra was taking its sweet time. But I suspect I was on the 'wrong train', maybe it's the one they've taken off today? I wouldn't liken it to "roughness" as such, as it doesn't hurt or anything like that. It's hard to explain, it was more like an Icon style rattle, then turned into gentle yet very pronounced vibrations with a very loud clattering above your head. Very distracting, and like nothing I've ever experienced on a B&M anywhere. The first half however there's nothing, it's a smooth as silk, albeit very quiet (quiter than inferno or Galactica, so maybe these sand filled rails get louder as they age?).

But even at 28 years old, the original only ever suffered from a slightly more aggressive jolt through the inversions than it did in it's younger years. It remained mostly smooth, yet loud, aggressive, and consistent throughout. This felt like a different ride.

According to my friend who's on park today, Nemmy's been in one train the whole time and they've just swapped them over.
Swapped them over? That would indicate the train that’s not been on is alright does it not. Surely they can put both on then

Swapped them over? That would indicate the train that’s not been on is alright does it not. Surely they can put both on then
It would actually imply that there is something wrong with the one that was running. Not significantly enough to be unsafe.

I’ve never seen this amount of work on Nemesis’ trains. Must be rattle related.

It would actually imply that there is something wrong with the one that was running. Not significantly enough to be unsafe.

I’ve never seen this amount of work on Nemesis’ trains. Must be rattle related.
How will they fix the rattle is what I want to know. I saw a video the other day saying on the station track there’s things to warm the wheels as the train dispatches. Is this related to the rattle or has that always been there?

How will they fix the rattle is what I want to know. I saw a video the other day saying on the station track there’s things to warm the wheels as the train dispatches. Is this related to the rattle or has that always been there?
I've only ever seen that on Intamins before. Usually it's to warm the axle grease.

Not sure what’s causing it, so I have no technical answer to that. I assume it’s the fact they have cobbled together new and old parts somewhere when buying new trains was likely the best idea.

The heaters are new but have been there since opening day , Galactica has them also? At least I don’t think the heaters are there to warm the Galactica station are they?

I’m not one to be pedantic, I usually leave that to @rob666 ,but it technically is a different ride so it won’t feel the exact same
It is but it isn't really. The layout, even down to the exact profiling is identical. I wasn't expecting the same, the first half rode as I expected, ultra smooth and quiet but still recognisable as the same coaster I've become accustomed to loving over many years. The second half contained all these differing factors, plus a rattle, plus pronounced vibrations, plus a noticeable slow down in pace.

Nemesis spent many years being extremely smooth (it never became rough anyway, quite astonishing for a 28 year old coaster), I remember how it rode early on quite clearly. This was very different as a whole package. Maybe it's my dislike for the new oppressive and horrid war theme that added to the bitter taste.

Like a fine wine, Nemesis for me was at it's best in terms of track and train in its latter years, long after the original thematics and those of the wider valley had mostly been lost. I fully expect they'll sort the issue soon, and that with age it'll back riding to it's best minus the roar in a few years. It's the same layout and profiling after all from a high quality manufacturer.

God knows how that cheap gun, those stone chippings, that shipping container, and the already grotty pit will look by then once the weeds and green sludge have settled back in. I get the feeling it's just not finished, and the teething issues will likely be fixed pretty quickly, but that overarching theme isn't going anywhere. Hopefully the gun will fall apart and end up being removed, the view of the car parks, access road, and bare bones pit will be overgrown by weeds and foliage like the old version by then so that the main focus returns to the excellent central theming structure itself. Although by that time, the eye will probably look like the screens in the Smiler queue, the smoke will be broken, and the monorail would have been removed.

Looking forward to seeing some work done and getting back on one of my old favourite train rows again later in the season. For now though, all but the station itself is a massive downgrade on the peak Nemesis/Forbidden Valley, which for me was around 1997 to the mid 2000's.

I've only ever seen that on Intamins before. Usually it's to warm the axle grease.
I am pretty sure they are used on other coaster, (it is normally to warm the grease and keep it warm on cold days) I am pretty sure galactica has them, I am not sure if they were a late addition or are intended on warming the station but above the bag cages there are heaters pointed at the track (each station only has 1 side being heated which may sudgest it is for station heating)