• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis Reborn: What Is It?

What is Nemesis Reborn?

• Total voters

pluk

TS Member
Following a small exchange on the Facebooks I found amusing, how about a bit of Newmesis pedantry? What does Reborn amount to?

For me it's certainly more than anything that can be considered a retrack. Its not the track that's been replaced, it's nearly the whole thing.

But it is in essence the Nemesis that was there before, it isn't a new ride despite the amount that has been replaced and changed.

I'm calling it a rebuild.

And taking that into account, is it a new cred or not. I think, without any quantification, it must be.

No, you are right, none if this actually matters.

In my view, not a new cred as it is not a 100% retrack at the same time. AlpenExpress is, this isn't

Retrack/Rebuild is pretty much the same thing imo.

It's a retrack, and not a new cred, in my opinion.

I think it possibly is almost worth half a credit. You would class a clone as a credit, this is essentially 90% a clone of the original, no? With brand new trains.
My gut says no to being a new cred, but logic is prevailing and confusing me.

But because we do not count in half credits, it has to go as a no to being a new credit I guess.

But, with the logic applied to this not being a new credit, you could almost apply to when we count a credit for riding a clone. But we do not, double standards here perhaps?

Last edited:
What is life? What is the meaning of anything on this tiny rock we call home? What is existence? What is the meaning of this all? What is our purpose? What does it mean to be human? What does it mean to exist as a human? What does it mean to exist as a human? What does it mean to exist as a theme park geek? What does it mean to sit on Nemmy Reebs? Is it a brand new ride? Surely we are a different person to who we were five minutes ago, does that mean every new ride is a new ride, a new cred, because we have evolved, we are different, our perspective and our experience will be different, each and every passing breath we take changes us, and it does not need a retracking for it to become a new ride, because the ride is not just the metal and the materials that build us, but the rider, and we are transient, our bodies constantly in flux and our minds eternally adapting and developing. Every ride will be a new cred, because every ride is a new experience, and that is the beauty and the meaning of life itself.

Reactions: Rob
Personal view is that if the theming is changed enough to make the experience notably different I’d count is as a new cred. Either way it’s a rebuild not a retrack as they’ve done more than just change the track.

For me, Nemesis Reborn is a retrack, and definitely not a new credit.

Each to their own, and I can understand the argument in favour of it being a new credit, but I feel that seeing as nothing overly tangible is changing about the track and train ride experience itself compared to before, it's the same credit. I understand the argument of clones and Nemesis Reborn basically being a clone of original Nemesis, but... to me, it is still the same Nemesis as before rather than a clone of Nemesis. Clones are at least built in a different location and have an overall different identity, whereas Nemesis Reborn is still fundamentally the same ride with the same overall identity as Nemesis for me. As such, I will not be counting it as a new credit.

I've also ridden both "versions" of Hulk at Universal, and I hold the exact same view with that ride; I did not count the 2016 retrack as a separate credit to the original, which I first rode in 2014.

My mentality to it is; would you say that Nemesis Reborn was a brand new ride that first opened in 2024, or would you say that it was a ride that first opened in 1994, but had a major refurbishment for 2024? I'd definitely go with the latter, personally, which in my mind makes it be a retrack and still the same credit as before.

Purely for my own record keeping, Nemesis & Nemesis Reborn cannot be counted as different coasters and I don't think new Hulk counts either. Conversely, I count Eurosat and CanCan Coaster as different rides due to the layout change which, along with the new theme, made for a totally different experience. RCDB doesn't distinguish between the two though, just referring to it as a modification. There's a lot of grey area here and I guess you have to take each one on its own merits

This doesn't feel like a particularly controversial discussion. I think there's a clear majority that say its a near-full but not total retrack and not a new cred. If they had changed the layout there would be further debate but then again other coasters that have had layout changes (e.g. Megafobia) don't count as new creds either.

I tend to go by RCDB in case of doubt, which is clearly treating it as the same coaster with a new name.

Reborn is merely a tacky marketing tagline for Nemesis. Collosus has some new track pieces. How many of them will need to be replaced before that's considered a new ride?

Last edited:
I don’t count “creds” never have and never will.

However, if you’ve never ridden round that track before, surely it’s a new cred.

It’s like saying different coasters with the same layout are only 1 cred. Even if there’s 6 identical layouts. You’d only give yourself 1 credit and not 6.

I've never enjoyed a cred debate granted I've never counted mine but I think it just comes down to what they consider is a new cred there's no official cred leaderboard so just count what you want, if you think nemesis is a new ride because they've fabricated new track, partial new train and had some theming touch ups then just count it on your list.

Personally, I'd also agree that Nemesis Reborn is a retrack and not a new cred.

I'd say this because the lift hill, brake run and station track have not been replaced and the ride layout is almost identical to what it was when it opened in 1994. In comparison, it's also worth mentioning that The Big One is undergoing a longer term retrack over several seasons and, while it's not necessarily being reimagined like Nemesis is, I've never heard anyone say that it will be a new cred when it's eventually finished.