• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis Research Essay (Sharing the full thing shortly)

What is the best row on Nemesis?

• Total voters

TomLad

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Nemesis/Dragon Khan
Some of you may remember a fair while ago I asked if there was any access to the old planning applications for Nemesis which I thought were needed for a piece of research I was doing about Nemesis. Well even without those and using data from an accelerometer (it measures forces) that I had the chance to take on each row one by one, the work is now done. I'm pleased to say that I (think that I've) found the best seat for the ride! Years of debate can be put to rest, if your idea of a better ride is purely to do with forces. If scenery floats your boat more-so then I suggest joining the back of the front row queue!
I thought I should include a poll to see what people actually think is the best row, besides my findings.

Just a bit of warning, I'll need to see if this is a wise idea posting it before it's been marked, gone through anti-plagerism software etc etc. If it's okay I'll put it on in the next week or so. If not I'm afraid you may have to wait until early July!

Anyway, according to science, the best row is row 8.....for the most part.
During the 'first drop' row 6 slightly beats the back.
In the first corkscrew it's apparently row 5, however this may have been a slight measurement error so I stand by the back row.
Helix is the back row all the way with a top g approximately* 0.6g higher than that of the front row!
The back row is also the favourite for the loop.

So yeah, back row!

Just to clarify, this is simply a result of the forces that you feel, where the back row has the largest difference between the lowest g and the highest g, as well as usually having the highest overall. I'm fairly partial to going for the front row, but for the largest extremities of force, back row :)

Last edited:
Front for me every time. Firstly because you get the visuals as you have approach the rock faces, secondly because you feel the incredible "surge" of force from the back as you come out of the drops and the loops.

This reminds me of the new report that came out the other week which found that smoking strong strains of cannabis can lead to mental health issues ;)

Front row's right-hand side outer seat for the best view, best choppers, just as much force but on the entrance to the loop and wingovers (rather than being pulled through whilst exiting if you're at the back), hang time on the loop's exit and sometimes a little air on the initial dip down the side of the hill after the turn off the lift.

:)

You know, for consistency's sake I did all of the rides on the outside right, it was pretty good! But thanks :)