• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis: Sub-Terra

Just noticed the red veins on it look like the red weed from War of the Worlds! :p

Question here, I only rode Sub Terra back in 2013 prior before the new restraint was added so I can't comment on how bad it is from what others are saying or what it looks like however, I have been thinking that from some of the photos I've seen on what it looks like, it seems to be just a thick rubber bar, right? If there was a need to try and squeeze it down without crushing people's thighs, might it had been an idea that if they plan to tweak it that they could use a more foam material for the restraint much like with Galactica which moulds to the rider's shape? While it might not be perfect if it still means having to press the bar all the way down like they have to do now, it at the very least won't be causing discomfort for the riders though if this improves throughput I have no clue.

I imagine rubber is specifically needed in this design for the rigidity - looking at the profile (saw-tooth), it seems to almost act as a 'barb' to prevent guests from pulling their legs up and out. This wouldn't work with foam.

OK, simple answer, an air filled bar...sit em down, blow it up so it fits all sizes, off you go.
Quick retrofit by Steve after he has finished his other jobs...done in a day.
Meh So So GIF by UFC

Did Sub-terra yesterday for the first time and I thought it was alright I suppose. Some nice theming in there. Shame the ride is just fake elevators and a small drop. Have some complaints about this ride though that I'm sure others have mentioned on here.
1. The loading on the drop tower is an absolute faff and takes way too long
2. Not enough actors in parts of the ride, especially at the end where you walk through a room but nothing is happening.
3. There's a really weird prod in the back on the drop tower part and I didn't like that at all.
4. A bit too loud in there for me just feels a bit overwhelming at points.
Overall I think the story line and idea of the ride is pretty neat tbf but not something I'll bother with again. It's good to have it back though for some extra capacity (granted not much capacity as the operations are dire). Only waited 20 mins in the end but had I have waited longer I would've been disappointed.

The back prodders and leg whippers are supposed to be the creature attacking, which I always thought was pretty good. It’s supposed to be overwhelming and loud tbf, it’s the kind of attraction it is
I understand now that's the purpose of the ride so I won't be too critical of it. I went into it having no clue what to expect so I don't think I was expecting it to be so full on

Whether you like it or not, it’s the only operational Nemesis related ride in the country at the minute holding up the Nemesis brand, as Nemesis Inferno is closed currently and has been for a while.

Personally can’t wait to get back on this later this year, providing I can actually fit onto it lol. I’m not your average slim guy, but never struggle getting on anything, but am slightly concerned about this.

I
Whether you like it or not, it’s the only operational Nemesis related ride in the country at the minute holding up the Nemesis brand, as Nemesis Inferno is closed currently and has been for a while.

Personally can’t wait to get back on this later this year, providing I can actually fit onto it lol. I’m not your average slim guy, but never struggle getting on anything, but am slightly concerned about this.

From what I understand the main restrictive thing is in the thighs.

FWIW I’ve never done the updated NST restraints but I have done the dungeons post NSTs closure which I assume were also operating with the updated restraints and was absolutely fine. Im also not slim and was once unable to fit on Collosus (although I’ve lost a couple stone since then) so you should be alright I’d think.

My thighs aren’t necessarily big, so hopefully I’ll be alright then. I can’t remember if I rode it last with the updates restraints. My last ride on it would’ve been July 2015 (it had just re opened from one of its downtime spells)