• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis: Sub-Terra

The restraint issue needs sorting and it is a real pity that they have no addressed this since it last closed. No doubt a cost related reason.

Sub-Terra was fine on Saturday, it's never going to be an amazing ride but it does give guests something a bit different to do during their day. Much preferred the manner of the staff, glad the feedback regarding shouting has been taken on board. Still feels like there needs to be more going on once you have dropped down.

I do wonder when Nemesis reopens they'll tweak the attraction in the preshow to talk more about how different Nemesis is while quietly getting the restraint problem sorted (3.0 or 4.0 version by this point?) In which I have no doubt that had they had doubled the budget for this season that they would have done something regarding the restraints.

Actually, what would be a suitable design for the restraints if they do plan to sort them out?

Ok I went to ATR on the 2nd of June and I can say, the restraints need fixing. So for context I am quite slim and I went on Nemesis sub terra or at least I tried when they pulled the lap bar down it would not lock and they took me off and then it locked fine and I was not even touching the bar so I am confused why did it not lock? Also side note, when they took me off when I was waiting at the lifts my fear of caves kicked in and I took a door to the side to exit the facility.

I rode this on Saturday too and their partial solution appears to be lowering the capacity, there were only 29 people on our ride (out of 40) despite the queue being around 80 minutes (app said 65 mins).

What added to the frustration was the amount of people being let onto each ride from the standard queue, only 7 people allowed on from the standard queue on our turn so little surprise it was moving so slowly.

We then waited longer in the pre-show area than the whole experience lasted, it definitely felt a little uncoordinated after being told to talk amongst ourselves whilst waiting for it to begin. It just feels like it’s missing something and not as slick as it should be.

Having one long bar as a restraint on a drop tower was never going to end well. People come in all different shapes and sizes so it was obviously going to cause issues, I can’t believe no one foresaw this at any point during the design process. The fact that the ride was closed for 8 years and they still haven’t found a proper fix for the restraint issue is a bit of a joke. This is the kind of ride/experience I wouldn’t want to wait longer than 30mins for and I’d be mighty annoyed if I’d waited longer and then ended up getting kicked off anyway due to a fault with the design. Tbf I’d be annoyed at that after waiting any amount of time, very poor that the park haven’t fixed this.

It’s going to be hell for staff and guests if they don’t sort it out before nemesis reopens next year.

What do other ABC Towers use as restraints? If I'm correct, it's not the only one in the Merlin portfolio. So why is it an issue at Towers? A genuine question as I have never done the Dungeons attractions (apart from the one at Towers).

It seems like a poor design by the manufacturer (even before the adjustments). A short-term solution could be a test seat at the entrance.

If it's a cost issue, and they do not want to spend the cost now, that doesn't exactly bode out well for the future of the ride. They should have opened it when the issue was sorted. You could forgive them if it were something new, but it was a problem in 2015. It wouldn't fix itself eight years later.

What do other ABC Towers use as restraints? If I'm correct, it's not the only one in the Merlin portfolio. So why is it an issue at Towers? A genuine question as I have never done the Dungeons attractions (apart from the one at Towers).

It seems like a poor design by the manufacturer (even before the adjustments). A short-term solution could be a test seat at the entrance.

If it's a cost issue, and they do not want to spend the cost now, that doesn't exactly bode out well for the future of the ride. They should have opened it when the issue was sorted. You could forgive them if it were something new, but it was a problem in 2015. It wouldn't fix itself eight years later.
I think the issue is that it’s top loading, so when it is at the bottom people could have wriggled out. Whereas the other towers, there’s nowhere to wriggle out to when you reach the top, if that makes sense ?

I enjoyed ST today, we were fortunate that there was minimal faff with restraints, so once the ride sequence began the attraction flowed well. I do miss the individual drops where you watched others fall before you, that was a great feature

I think the issue is that it’s top loading, so when it is at the bottom people could have wriggled out. Whereas the other towers, there’s nowhere to wriggle out to when you reach the top, if that makes sense ?

I enjoyed ST today, we were fortunate that there was minimal faff with restraints, so once the ride sequence began the attraction flowed well. I do miss the individual drops where you watched others fall before you, that was a great feature

The individual drop’s definitely still happens, rode a few times today and other towers were dropping before/after depending what tower we were on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Tom
The individual drop’s definitely still happens, rode a few times today and other towers were dropping before/after depending what tower we were on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
It’s because the towers are all separate and the operator will press the button for each tower to drop, I think it’s all manual and not automatic, so that’s why they don’t always drop together and not always in the same order.

My guess is they didn’t do anything with the restraint issue, is because no one probably knew about it in management at towers. It’s been 8 years and there are very few people who would have worked at the park back then who still work there now. And the new restraints were only in for a short amount of time. They probably think the only reason it was shut was post smiler cost cutting.

My guess is they didn’t do anything with the restraint issue, is because no one probably knew about it in management at towers. It’s been 8 years and there are very few people who would have worked at the park back then who still work there now. And the new restraints were only in for a short amount of time. They probably think the only reason it was shut was post smiler cost cutting.
Unthinkable that they wouldn't have extensive documentation & maintenance logs on the issue and generally from the ride during its original operating years?

Having one long bar as a restraint on a drop tower was never going to end well. People come in all different shapes and sizes so it was obviously going to cause issues, I can’t believe no one foresaw this at any point during the design process. The fact that the ride was closed for 8 years and they still haven’t found a proper fix for the restraint issue is a bit of a joke. This is the kind of ride/experience I wouldn’t want to wait longer than 30mins for and I’d be mighty annoyed if I’d waited longer and then ended up getting kicked off anyway due to a fault with the design. Tbf I’d be annoyed at that after waiting any amount of time, very poor that the park haven’t fixed this.

It’s going to be hell for staff and guests if they don’t sort it out before nemesis reopens next year.
Agreed I am sad that this ride will be having some down time to fix these if ATR actually cares about the ride that is.. But I am sure when this problem gets sorted it will be a much more enjoyable ride experience. In the event that it does continue with 1 giant lap bar this will make the ride have seriously short queues due to the sheer lack of popularity and I expect it to have better riding but still the lap bar problem.