• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis: Sub-Terra

Poor person next to me today on Sub terra- thought they were going on the OG nemesis. After we dropped they said- where’s the rollercoaster bit? Had to explain the retrack :tearsofjoy: they were quite disappointed ngl
Swear I’ve heard this a few times this season. 😂
Someone asked the staff stood outside Sub-terra after getting off the observation platform and asked is the rollercoaster going to open today, and they replied 'of course it's just sat in loads different pieces and not assembled yet for no reason' and the bloke who asked looked a bit offended and walked away 😂 did make me chuckle though.

Went through it today for the first time in ten years, and honestly for a filler attraction it still holds up as much as it did for me when it first opened. The ride sequence seems a lot darker (lighting wise) than previous from I remember, and I don't remember there being as many air blasts particularly on the ascent back to the chamber.

The only thing I'd say is diminished from the previous version is the exit corridor. The strobe part needs a lot more air cannons or at least some other effects in lieu of actors, plus the plain white walled section is a bit naff. It had people just strolling out like in March 2012. If the ride is here for the foreseeable future, that's an area that needs improving.

Of the course the restraint issue is an issue, as mentioned previously by others, it took over five minutes for the show sequence to start because of the faffing about with getting the restraints to lock. Batching smaller groups helped, but that just makes throughput absolutely dire.

Overall, I'm glad the rides back open, I had a wave of nostalgia when I watched the preshow. It's not anything amazing, it's not gonna blow anyone away, but it's a worthwhile re-addition to the park's lineup.

If they're not going to sort the restraint issue, at least when the ride has lost it's initial hype (I think it might already have), they will probably be able to get away with batching smaller groups so it becomes less of an issue. If the queue is only gonna be like 15 minutes, if they're not sorting the restraints they may as well batch in smaller groups to save themselves the hassle.

Rode Sub-Terra for the first time ever today and wow, I am absolutely blown away. I had really high expectations going in and these were certainly met. Thought I might have had issues fitting onto the ride, however no issues this time! Staff were great too and knew exactly where to seat everybody to make sure everybody could ride.

I assume all effects that are supposed to be working were working (smoke from the egg, leg whippers, water, back pokers, smoke in the second lift etc). I couldn't fault the ride experience itself at all! The only part I would say was a bit lacklustre was the ending. It just seemed like it was missing something. Maybe some more smoke, strobe effects and air cannons? (I believe it may have been more like this when it was open the first time around?).

Other than that, NST has without a doubt become my favourite attraction at Towers, and overtakes The Curse as my favourite dark ride. Very impressed.

Rode Sub-Terra for the first time ever today and wow, I am absolutely blown away. I had really high expectations going in and these were certainly met. Thought I might have had issues fitting onto the ride, however no issues this time! Staff were great too and knew exactly where to seat everybody to make sure everybody could ride.

I assume all effects that are supposed to be working were working (smoke from the egg, leg whippers, water, back pokers, smoke in the second lift etc). I couldn't fault the ride experience itself at all! The only part I would say was a bit lacklustre was the ending. It just seemed like it was missing something. Maybe some more smoke, strobe effects and air cannons? (I believe it may have been more like this when it was open the first time around?).

Other than that, NST has without a doubt become my favourite attraction at Towers, and overtakes The Curse as my favourite dark ride. Very impressed.
The finale when it opened (after it’s initial change) had loud bangs, air cannons and a lot more strobes and less light than what is there now.

The actors also were covered in blood and looked a lot more intense than they do now, you’ll probably just think it a ride host now rather than an actor.

Back prodders, leg ticklers, water spray and air cannons were one of my favourite parts of the ride back in its first outing. Yet to ride it now it's re-opened but looking forward to experiencing again.

The back pokers ruin it for me. I get why it's there but it's just uncomfortable and not exactly nice.
Honestly I just lean forward a little bit so it doesn't jam into my back too much and also if I'm wearing shorts I do put my legs forward a bit because some of the seats the leg ticklers whip quite hard and I'll have marks on my legs but on some seats it just gently brushes your legs I've noticed.

Honestly I just lean forward a little bit so it doesn't jam into my back too much and also if I'm wearing shorts I do put my legs forward a bit because some of the seats the leg ticklers whip quite hard and I'll have marks on my legs but on some seats it just gently brushes your legs I've noticed.
That'll be based on where the compressed air is being fed from. At a guess it'll be somewhere near the middle, so those at the edge likley won't have as much force.
But it could be the reverse of that if they have a tank at each end.

The finale when it opened (after it’s initial change) had loud bangs, air cannons and a lot more strobes and less light than what is there now.

The actors also were covered in blood and looked a lot more intense than they do now, you’ll probably just think it a ride host now rather than an actor.
Ah I see, that does sound like it'd have more of a dramatic effect. I did notice one actor in the end corridor behind a cage, however they weren't very noticable (possibly due to poor lighting?)

On the continued restrictiveness of the restraints - while this is still an annoying issue it’s good that staff seem to have been trained to do absolutely everything they can before turning someone away. As a person of big thigh experience I was quite worried hearing the horror stories but can fit in quite nicely (after the staff get everyone to push down)

The loading taking so long still sucks for throughput, but at least more people should be getting to actually ride the damn thing after queueing.

On the continued restrictiveness of the restraints - while this is still an annoying issue it’s good that staff seem to have been trained to do absolutely everything they can before turning someone away. As a person of big thigh experience I was quite worried hearing the horror stories but can fit in quite nicely (after the staff get everyone to push down)

The loading taking so long still sucks for throughput, but at least more people should be getting to actually ride the damn thing after queueing.
I was in the same boat, I have bigger thighs and was in two minds whether to even bother queuing if it was likely I wasn’t going to fit, however the staff immediately knew where to seat everybody in order to get the lap bar to lock, fair play to them!

We sat down and were immediately moved to the ends of the row, with the smallest guests in the middle. Just a shame there isn’t some sort of quick fix so staff don’t have to have all that faff for every single ride

I was in the same boat, I have bigger thighs and was in two minds whether to even bother queuing if it was likely I wasn’t going to fit, however the staff immediately knew where to seat everybody in order to get the lap bar to lock, fair play to them!

We sat down and were immediately moved to the ends of the row, with the smallest guests in the middle. Just a shame there isn’t some sort of quick fix so staff don’t have to have all that faff for every single ride
I guess shouting "larger people sit on the end seats please" as guests enter the ride area isn't very subtle or pc!

It wouldn't really work for Sub-Terra, if I'm understanding the situation correctly. It's not really an issue of whether you, as an individual, 'fit'. It's more related to the people sitting around you and the makeup of the 10 people on your tower.

If anything, in that situation, a test seat would cause more problems as you might be fine in the test seat, but not in the ride itself.