• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis: Sub-Terra

Part of me does wonder if all four are working, but perhaps the elusive fourth is reserved for larger guests in case they have to shuffle people around?
Today tower 3 was not in use and at the start the batching host tells guests to stand on spots 1,2 and 4.

Walked past the entrance this evening on the way to the hotel lit up it looks really good. Camera makes it look warm white but it's actually more cool white.

19eff8981d7179671d03a7157b6b87c3.jpg
116d9dd32c68a558535d3df2c8b07128.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

Today tower 3 was not in use and at the start the batching host tells guests to stand on spots 1,2 and 4.

Walked past the entrance this evening on the way to the hotel lit up it looks really good. Camera makes it look warm white but it's actually more cool white.

19eff8981d7179671d03a7157b6b87c3.jpg
116d9dd32c68a558535d3df2c8b07128.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk
Wow. That is all. 😍

Had 4 rides on this today, first rides since 2015. I know it an unpopular opinion but I still rate it really highly. Poor kid was in tears on one of my rides though, and others were coming off saying how much they enjoyed it. Drop is just as punchy as I remember but the exit corridor is much more underwhelming than before as others have said, but I see why it has been changed. The actor running up and down the final corridor and behind the cages was still scaring quite a lot of people.

To actually give a serious answer to this, you only need to have done a fire drill once in your life to know a real evacuation is completley different. Very mundane, and if the alarm has a voice it'll be very calm to prevent panic.

Also I can't speak specifically for Sub-Terra, but for most dark rides the house lights will be turned on, emergency exits lit and if possible they'll lead straight out of the building (certainly not into a set of lifts).

Sub Terra is definitely my kind of attraction. I like these types of experiences and as I'm nearly 40 I was very very lucky to experience Alien Encounter on my first trip to Disney World which to this day still remains in my top 5 attractions of all time.

My only gripe with Sub Terra is the length. It's over before it even gets going. In Alien Encounter you get a good story and then all hell broke loose and you think the monster is with you roaming around in the dark. Sub Terra definitely tried to use some of these effects but it just doesn't use them anywhere near as well in my opinion.

Solid 7/10 attraction but it could have been absolutely spectacular if it was designed better and the story was improved. Fantastic idea to incorporate the Nemesis monster into another ride though. Just a shame they didn't put more money and effort into it which they should have done with them using such a legendary ride as the backstory.

I went on this for the first time today. The theming was good, but the ride didn't seem exciting for me, although the drop is surprisingly good. The finale section only had one actor. I'm glad that it has reopened, though.

Last edited:
Double post, whip me harder than the NST 'calf slappers'.
I went on this again, and since I had already been on it, I knew exactly what to expect, which made the ride better for me. I now think that this is a solid ride and a good re-addition to the park's lineup. The drop is definitely my favourite bit. It feels more forceful than the drop tower in the London Dungeons.

Last edited:
Nice to go back on NST again this weekend after so long. The new restraint system however, wow, I’m not oversized in any way but we found the restraints extremely uncomfortable. Having the guests lean forward to put weight on the restraints was also kinda weird. While still enjoyable and great to see those who haven’t been on it before scared to death but they need to sort the restraints if this is to stay open long term.

In this vlog, Rob and Matt attended the Attraction Source's Scaremazing event and in the talk given by Bianca she confirmed that Sub Terra is here to stay and will not close once Nemesis reopens (video should start at the point they mention it, if not its at 36:22):

From: https://youtu.be/AHoOsW_-ZtQ?si=-lCW5Vg6VLymmEYq&t=2182

To be fair that’s been blatantly obvious all along it’s just people had some weird idea that they were going to spend upwards of a year getting the ride operational again only to close it having been open for less than a full season.

Said it tonnes but really glad that they got it open again, it definitely adds something to the park which you won’t find elsewhere.

Looking forward to getting back on it for the first time in what will be nearly a decade next year.

Though it does have to be said, "here to stay" and "will not close once Nemesis reopens" are not the same thing.

Sub Terra remains a technically challenging attraction with some very obvious flaws. I don't think anyone seriously thought it would close arbitrarily at the end of this season, but it will only remain for so long as it is financially viable for the park to operate it. And without proper remedial work, it remains in the balance as to how long that viability will last.

It was not for a random reason it closed in 2015, and it wasn’t purely down to the park's more general issues at the time. Given that it reopened operating in an almost identical manner, it will always be on borrowed time until they fix it in such a way that it operates more consistently.

Though it does have to be said, "here to stay" and "will not close once Nemesis reopens" are not the same thing.

Sub Terra remains a technically challenging attraction with some very obvious flaws. I don't think anyone seriously thought it would close arbitrarily at the end of this season, but it will only remain for so long as it is financially viable for the park to operate it. And without proper remedial work, it remains in the balance as to how long that viability will last.

It was not for a random reason it closed in 2015, and it wasn’t purely down to the park's more general issues at the time. Given that it reopened operating in an almost identical manner, it will always be on borrowed time until they fix it in such a way that it operates more consistently.

There were several people in this thread who speculated that it would close when Nemesis re-opened, that particular theory was thrown around on numerous occasions and numerous non-events used to justify it, the temporary sign being one, for example.

Obviously it’s not Nemesis, by ‘here to stay’ it will be here until they presumably find a more sensible use for that space, but given the effort that went into reopening it I can’t see that being any time in the near future.

I am one of those "several people", and I stand by what I said...
It won't last more than a couple of years, because...
1. the seat bar is basically flawed, and would have been suitably repaired if it was going to stay.
2. it is a staff heavy filler attraction.
3. it has limited repeat riding value.
Time will tell, but I don't think it will last long, because they didn't fix it properly.

I disagree it’s a highly popular ride it always has ques, every blogger who comes off it always gives great feedback. It’s definitely re-rideable not everyone likes rollercoasters and fills a gap for the line up. Merlin have spent money on various flat rides when broke, not everything has to be scrapped because of a fault. Like any theme park new guests will experience this for the first time every year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It cost 4.5m to build it in the first place and the money spent getting it re-opened won’t have been insignificant.

There’s 4 massive holes dug into the ground of a relatively small space and I’d wager fairly good money that within a year or so it will be sitting opposite a new flat ride where Ripsaw once stood. The options for replacing it aren’t great when you put it like that so I can’t see why the park would look to replace it any time soon.

If I’m wrong on that I’ll be the first to admit it but personally I don’t see it getting removed anytime soon, there could be a number of reasons why the restraint system hasn’t been improved yet but to suggest that it’s been done in order to remove it seems the least likely option to me.

It’s popular yes but I kinda agree with Rob on this one having rode it for the first time in years on the weekend. The new lap bar modifications have killed the ride, it’s extremely uncomfortable and very time consuming loading people. The exit scene with its one actor banging on the walls is dull and I don’t feel compelled to queue 45 mins again for it.