• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis: Sub-Terra

People have definitely been in and out, as the gates are sometimes closed but other times open. But there is not any visible changes inside the initial pre show or outside the ride yet.

But I guess if they’re just had a tech company sorting the software out, etc they wouldn’t bother doing anything else yet. If it’s not being used to next year they wouldn’t go around and fix the decking out or tart the area up, that would be closed season I imagine.

People have definitely been in and out, as the gates are sometimes closed but other times open. But there is not any visible changes inside the initial pre show or outside the ride yet.

But I guess if they’re just had a tech company sorting the software out, etc they wouldn’t bother doing anything else yet. If it’s not being used to next year they wouldn’t go around and fix the decking out or tart the area up, that would be closed season I imagine.

I guess it depends doesn't it on what is actually left.

If its the old ride system and just a rework to make it then yes your probably correct.

If its a new system then I guess we will see more work soon.

I know it's got new lighting though

Be fantastic to get N-ST tweaked and back open and the HH refresh all in one closed season. Would definitely help towards the disappointment of having no nemmy for a full season.

Hopefully Rapids and Hex are next in line for major TLC as boy they both need it.

I don’t really think Hex needs it? Rapids massively does, does the priority after Duel if it isn’t already should be the Sub Terra building

I agree whatever was up with Hex appeared to be mechanical issues with the ride, so it either needs repair or replacement. I don't think the show elements need TLC.
Something does need doing to the rapids to either run it with all wave machines working or add some animatronics or something to look at etc. I still don't support its removal but you are right it probably should be the next priority after Duel and Sub-Terra.

Be fantastic to get N-ST tweaked and back open and the HH refresh all in one closed season. Would definitely help towards the disappointment of having no nemmy for a full season.

Hopefully Rapids and Hex are next in line for major TLC as boy they both need it.
Hex I don't think needs any, having it back in working order is an improvement in its own right!

Rapids for sure needs attention, though I suppose many on here will have their own opinion on how it should go. That said, it seems that Merlin seem to be looking out for their pre-Merlin attractions such as Nemesis and Duel as we are seeing atm, seeing Rapids get attention is quite plausible though I do wonder if Oblivion might be in line to get it's own Nemesis style overhaul done down the line in the following years? Going off topic I know but it's interesting to think what might be the next attraction on the park to get attention after Nemesis and Duel are back?

Hex I don't think needs any, having it back in working order is an improvement in its own right!

Rapids for sure needs attention, though I suppose many on here will have their own opinion on how it should go. That said, it seems that Merlin seem to be looking out for their pre-Merlin attractions such as Nemesis and Duel as we are seeing atm, seeing Rapids get attention is quite plausible though I do wonder if Oblivion might be in line to get it's own Nemesis style overhaul done down the line in the following years? Going off topic I know but it's interesting to think what might be the next attraction on the park to get attention after Nemesis and Duel are back?

With Hex I really meant getting fixed whatever it is that's kept it closed most of the year. It's obviously suffered a lot of downtime this season so it must have been something pretty major. I agree though that the queue and pre-show are fine as they are.

I doubt Oblivion will need much of a retrack as the stresses aren't as bad as Nemesis, except the bottom of the drop. It probably needs a lot of paint though and the queue could do with a clean, paint and refurbishment.
Sorry going off topic again from NST, but I wonder if not for the Smiler crash that we might have seen Oblivion given a refresh for its 20th anniversary in 2018?

Given how Wicker-Man was supposed to be built in 2017 but pushed back a year, I have no doubt many plans for the park were either pushed back or cancelled altogether and I wonder if a refresh for Oblivion was actually going to happen had it not been for the Smiler crash.

Given how Oblivion's Italian cousin thrme in Gardaland was pretty much an updated version of UK Oblivion's theme, I suspect that if Merlin were to overhaul Oblivion then I have no doubt that they would have copy and paste that theme over to here with a few tweaks E.G Lord of Darkness still in place.

Adding to this, given how following the opening of Smiler which introduced the MOJ theme to X-Sector, maybe a refreshed Oblivion might have been a part 2 to this idea? I have no clue but I suspect that Towers might have the Oblivion refresh still on the shelve ready to be used in the not too distant future.

Sorry going off topic again from NST, but I wonder if not for the Smiler crash that we might have seen Oblivion given a refresh for its 20th anniversary in 2018?

Given how Wicker-Man was supposed to be built in 2017 but pushed back a year, I have no doubt many plans for the park were either pushed back or cancelled altogether and I wonder if a refresh for Oblivion was actually going to happen had it not been for the Smiler crash.

Given how Oblivion's Italian cousin thrme in Gardaland was pretty much an updated version of UK Oblivion's theme, I suspect that if Merlin were to overhaul Oblivion then I have no doubt that they would have copy and paste that theme over to here with a few tweaks E.G Lord of Darkness still in place.

Adding to this, given how following the opening of Smiler which introduced the MOJ theme to X-Sector, maybe a refreshed Oblivion might have been a part 2 to this idea? I have no clue but I suspect that Towers might have the Oblivion refresh still on the shelve ready to be used in the not too distant future.

I doubt it. Also not sure what kind of refresh it needs, all that is really required is a decent amount of paint.

Oblivion was repainted for the 2013 season. It was a lighter shade of grey before and was painted it's darker colour to be closer to The Smilers track. Since the crash happened a little over 2 years after this, I doubt that held back any further cosmetic works to Oblivion, otherwise they would likely have done them at the same time as the repaint.

I don't think a "birthday" has much to do with anything as Towers don't seem to honour them much anyway (they didn't even do much when the park itself hit 40) let alone whole ride refreshes. Nemesis got some 21 signage and a small event. It's arguably Towers most beloved classic and they didn't touch the ride or the theming itself. The pit was still full of weeds, the track was still dirty, the water was still running clear and the monster was still as hanging as the season before.

I don't think a "birthday" has much to do with anything as Towers don't seem to honour them much anyway (they didn't even do much when the park itself hit 40)
In fairness, the 40th was in the middle of the pandemic lockdowns and restrictions. They did release some 40th badges etc and I think more was planned but obviously got cancelled and we'll probably never know what it was meant to be like. They did at least celebrate it with the fireworks in 2021 which I believe would've been the show in 2020.

Now they could easily have removed the ride system but it could easily work as just a walkthrough attraction with a update storyline.
The original you seen the eggs hatch and then you escape. Now you enter the base and the video been changed to since you were last here the monsters have escaped so be careful as you go thought the base. You enter the lift and it starts to go down but you hear banging noises. You enter the main hub and it’s been totally trashed and you see the monsters in the pit and it all goes dark and it feels like the monsters are right by you by the use of speakers and special effects and then the lights come back on and the staff have managed to take control of the main room again but they want to get out of there now as they running wild in the tunnels as you enter the other lift it feels like the monsters have jumped on top of the lift and as you exit you see the monsters trying to get you as you try to make it to the exit.

I did also think this. I have them on push notifications for when they tweet, and when the notification came up on my phone all I saw was Phalanx and immediately thought it was something to do with Sub Terra until I clicked on the tweet. Here’s hoping.