• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis: Sub-Terra

I am surely not the only one who is intrigued by the fact Alton Towers have announced the Nemesis closure as by order of the Phalanx!? A subtle hint perhaps?
You're certainly not, so am I! More evidence that something is definitely happening in Sub Terra in my opinion.

Fifty quid says recent excavations have unearthed new discoveries in the area resulting in the closure of Nemesis whilst further tests are carried out.
They've have discovered that there wasn't one Nemesis monster, but two! And the one under Sub-Terra is Nemesis' mate who are both breeding more Nemesis monsters to take over the world and the ride's theme is that you have to grab your blaster and duel them...! Hang on, I've heard that from somewhere, don't know where though... 🤔

But yeah, I always do like it whenever Towers add more lore to existing rides.

Purely from a speculation standpoint, I can see the closure of Nemesis being owed to the fact the Phalanx have tamed/killed the Nemesis creature, but have discovered the eggs leading to Sub Terra compund reopening and the story being re-worked so people witness the birth of a new Nemesis creature rising...

It would be very nice to have both Sub Terra and Haunted House both return under new iterations next season, if current speculation is true! There definitely seems to be a push for more indoor attractions with the Coaster Corner development as well.

Think we’ll definitely see sub Terra return next season, maybe slightly tweeked to match nemesis being shut. And then I think when Nemesis reopens phalanx will probably play more of a part in the ride and story and I guess staff uniform!

I also wonder if we’ll see any phalanx staff around the area before the end of the season to help promote nemesis closing.

I also wonder if we’ll see any phalanx staff around the area before the end of the season to help promote nemesis closing.
That's a good point, better keep an eye out during Scarefest! Could it all be linked to those "IPF" guys that were roaming Scarefest 2021?

Even if the ride system has been removed, they surely have to use the building for a walkthrough story/horror based attraction? Massive missed opportunity if not.

Who says Sub Terra is reopening?
Yes it's not confirmed yet, but it's looking more and more likely. Surely they will want it open while Memesis is closed to help with the crowds, and it could help to with the new story if they decided to do that with the new Nemesis. Time will tell though!

Who says Sub Terra is reopening?
It’s looking reasonably likely.

A member on here who works for a local lighting company says that they’ve received an order for lighting for a 2023 Alton project in Sub Terra’s building.

There’s been a fair bit of movement within Sub Terra’s building as of late.

The Nemesis closure announcement was said by the park to be “by order of the Phalanx”, who played a key role in Sub Terra.

It does seem to add up…

If Sub Terra is back, who thinks it'll have a different story compared to the original? Can't see them using it again given that Nemesis will be out of use...the idea some have mentioned about the son of Nemesis being born within the building that can be onento help up start up hype for Nemesis' return.

Anyone else have other ideas for a new plot for the ride?

A member on here who works for a local lighting company says that they’ve received an order for lighting for a 2023 Alton project in Sub Terra’s building.

The Nemesis closure announcement was said by the park to be “by order of the Phalanx”, who played a key role in Sub Terra.

It does seem to add up…
Amusing again, and good old "time will tell" hits here, but we have had this conversation in the autumn once or twice before.

It does seem to add up…

Oh. So it's not reopening then?

As you were folks.