• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis: Sub-Terra

You weren’t escaping from eggs. You were escaping from the creature which had broken out of the egg in the central core. The drop took you into a pit of eggs, but that’s not what you were escaping from. The escape lift was supposed to be helping you get away from the creature that had broke lose and contaminated the Phalanx workers.

You weren't escaping from the eggs, one of them had burst open and the creature had escaped hence all the air cannons leg ticklers in the seats. So you were being evacuated from the area because the alien had escaped.

It's explained it here (from 10:58)

I know, but that’s the point. All you see is eggs, you don’t have a reference point for how scary the monster is supposed to be.

If the pre-show video showed some CGI attack or something similar it may work. But here’s an egg, some flashing lights and a back poker isn’t scary and doesn’t work in terms of basic story mechanics.

e.g Alien/Jaws doesn’t work if you don’t either a) understand the consequences of the monster or b) it doesn’t look absolutely terrifying.

There’s no jeopardy and henceforth darkness, pokers and ticklers aren’t worth jack.

As the unused ride pretty much proves

I think if it is reopening next year it needs a updated story line as with it be closed for 7 years them monsters would be running around the site eating on remains of staff who couldn’t get out.
Like they could start by a new video explaining why it’s been closed for the past 7+ years and they got it under control again.
You enter the lifts and it’s the same as before and then you enter the Main hub where you see the egg has now gone but a covered over cage is in its place. When your seated the cover of the cage is lifted/moved and you see the monster and his trying to escape. The towers drop down and all the eggs have latched and when you raise back up the other monster gone as well. You go to the other lifts and it feels like they jumping on the lift. As you enter that maze area puppeteers dressed all in black control puppets of the monsters trying to get you as you leave.

I know, but that’s the point. All you see is eggs, you don’t have a reference point for how scary the monster is supposed to be.

If the pre-show video showed some CGI attack or something similar it may work. But here’s an egg, some flashing lights and a back poker isn’t scary and doesn’t work in terms of basic story mechanics.

e.g Alien/Jaws doesn’t work if you don’t either a) understand the consequences of the monster or b) it doesn’t look absolutely terrifying.

There’s no jeopardy and henceforth darkness, pokers and ticklers aren’t worth jack.

As the unused ride pretty much proves

The pre-show did show the Nemesis creature, but yes this is a bit of a problem with the original ride, the creature chasing you is very much up to the imagination. It would be better if the pit had some kind of animatronic or creature visual, rather than a bunch of disco eggs.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t class the staff saying it as official confirmation by any means, but like they always say, there’s no smoke without fire, and there’s certainly quite a lot of smoke rising regarding the prospect of Sub Terra reopening next year…
  • Notable work has been taking place in and around the building. I know work has been done in Sub Terra’s building and area in the past, but this seems like more noteworthy work than in the past, and the extent of work did seem somewhat suspicious to me once it became apparent that the building was not being used for Scarefest as originally suspected by most.
  • A member on here who works for a local lighting company whom Towers has worked with before says that Towers has requested their services again… for a 2023 project in the Sub Terra building.
  • Towers are suddenly making lots of references to the Phalanx (a key part of Sub Terra) with regard to Nemesis, and the staff are saying that Sub Terra is returning next season.
  • YouTubers who definitely have the potential to be well informed and have spread similar rumours in the past that were later proven to be correct (such as TPW) have been saying it, and one such YouTuber even made a curiously specific comment about the ride capacity (they said “the drop towers will be on reduced capacity”) that I don’t think they’d pick up on if they hadn’t been told something.
I wouldn’t say a Sub Terra return is a dead cert by any stretch, but I’d say there’s certainly a strong chance of it happening, personally!

When it comes to staff (or other "sources") saying stuff, there is very often smoke without fire.
Strangely, though, I’d argue that these types of “sources” have been pretty accurate lately. Certainly more accurate than in the past, anyway.

For instance, we had a similar degree of evidence for a Duel revamp earlier this year when the staff said it and Sanbrooke made a video about it, and many at the time dismissed it as “staff joking around” and “Sanbrooke drumming up views on a slow news day”… but look what happened a few months later when Duel closed and the revamp was announced.

Going back last year, we also had similarly spurious evidence for Thorpe Park getting a hyper coaster for 2024 when Logger’s Leap was having some clearance work done and some markings were seen in Old Town in September 2021, and I and others were decried as making a mountain out of a molehill… right up until Thorpe Park announced their intention to build the UK’s tallest roller coaster on the Logger’s Leap site in December 2021. Admittedly, most (myself included) were dead set on said hyper being a B&M when it was actually a Mack… but the fact that a hyper coaster of any kind was announced when we had relatively limited evidence at the time the rumour was first being spread is definitely something I’d consider a relative win for the “sources”.

I’d also add that in the case of Exodus, some of the most spurious-looking evidence actually ended up being some of the most telling… for instance, the word “Exodus” mysteriously appeared on a vending machine alongside the park’s other ride names in 2021. When people suggested it could be a future project, they were dismissed by most… but that seemingly inconsequential word appeared once again on the coaster’s planning application as the formal project name.

Another case study I could use is the recent developments at Drayton Manor. A YouTuber named Coaster Chall has been posting rumour videos about Drayton Manor’s future prior to the announcements being made… and he has had a near perfect track record of predicting Drayton Manor’s investments so far, with him predicting the fine details of both Adventure Cove and Vikings with a high degree of accuracy in spite of many thinking that he was being too optimistic.

My point is; I wouldn’t necessarily count out the “sources”. I know they’ve had a somewhat debatable record in the past, but to me, they do seem to have been more accurate lately, and as I said, even some of the most spurious-looking evidence can lead to something, as has been proven by some recent case studies. We’ve had a number of rumours from “sources” that have been surprisingly accurate as of late, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see that continue.

Last edited:
Amongst many "sources" one of them is often right. But what's being overlooked is the amount that are also wrong. Mainly because they're completely made up. This is exactly why we shouldn't soil ourselves with excitement every time a queue board is tested, queue line vegetation is felled, a floor or a fence is spray painted or an innocent can of WD40 appears.

Wasn't it on here a few weeks ago that someone made an innocent post about what they wanted to see and a few pages later it was being described by others as a "rumour"?

I think it would be silly for them to not open NST in some form next season. I severely hope they do. But let's keep our pants on people and not keep peddling false dawns.

My point is; I wouldn’t necessarily count out the “sources”.
Sources are useless unless they are official or you personally have a reason to trust them.
- There are posters on here who's word I trust pretty much implicitly even though i dont know them in real life, you can only really get to this point by paying attention over a long period.
- There are people I know personally in places where they will know things.

That's it. Anything else is just rumour. Things heard can be worth considering or thinking about if taken with other info or circumstance, but if you take any sort of he said she said seriously at all you are a fool. The constant attempts to persuade others (this isn't aimed at you btw) that unverified sources are truth is a tedious background drone here.

Last edited:
WRT staff rumours, @MattyH used to be a staff member at Towers and I wouldn't believe him if he said water is wet.
Hey, I love TLA's and I'm proud to say I worked out "with regard to" without using any form of dictionary, urban or otherwise, all by myself.
And that is after two strong pints.
Sources are useless unless they are official or you personally have a reason to trust them.
- There are posters on here who's word I trust pretty much implicitly even though i dont know them in real life, you can only really get to this point by paying attention over a long period.
- There are people I know personally in places where they will know things.

That's it. Anything else is just rumour. Things heard can be worth considering or thinking about if taken with other info or circumstance, but if you take any sort of he said she said seriously at all you are a fool. The constant attempts to persuade others (this isn't aimed at you btw) that unverified sources are truth is a tedious background drone here.
And I heard a rumour that our pluk likes donuts.
From two different sources, so it must be true.

Hey, I love TLA's and I'm proud to say I worked out "with regard to" without using any form of dictionary, urban or otherwise, all by myself.
And that is after two strong pints.

And I heard a rumour that our pluk likes donuts.
From two different sources, so it must be true.

You can have that confirmed direct from the source! 🍩😆

Anyone who tends to use the term "sources" is usually talking random rumour.

See it enough on football Twitter. Or political Twitter. A "Sky Sports source has claimed"; "a Tory source says".

There's also too many out there doing things for Internet clout. Therefore more wizened of us tend to stay frosty on any wild rumours that appear, especially when a number of big YouTubers (not necessarily TPW) report on anything slightly different (say, a tree being felled) and present it as proof the park are doing something MASSIVE. Then it turns out the tree was ill or the park are doing a new donut shop.

People need to wind their neck in generally unless someone who tends to just go "things are happening" or something official comes into place.

All we know is Duel for next year and Nemesis been out of action to 2024. We don’t even know with the parks budget that they can afford to have the retro squad rides back for next year.
All I can report is that what I saw on the 25th September is the same someone reported earlier this year. They could be working on the ride but to they can get the drop towers all working as 7 years is a long time been out of use and if I remember correctly it didn’t operate much in the 2015 season with the lap bar problems.

Last edited: