• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis: Sub-Terra

I thought I had missed something with all the "Mark forum read" button pressing in the Duel topic.
No, you didn’t miss anything; nothing has actually been announced regarding Duel’s reopening date, so @Themeparksandy1981 could well be right and it could be reopening in 2024, but everything appears to be pointing to 2023 to me at the moment.

More work ongoing on NST with the old rotten queue line now being removed and fencing put up around the outside of the ride - source our very own Towers Street FB page .

I can see what's piled up in a heap, but where are they actually from? I can only assume it's rotten wood that might have been walked on and it's being replaced? I do genuinely think this is a sign though. It's clearly being used for something, or they wouldn't be doing it. I see there are temporary fences up around the building as well.

I can see what's piled up in a heap, but where are they actually from? I can only assume it's rotten wood that might have been walked on and it's being replaced? I do genuinely think this is a sign though. It's clearly being used for something, or they wouldn't be doing it. I see there are temporary fences up around the building as well.

If you look at one of the photos above you can see what used to be the front of the queue before the loading area which no longer has any floorboards.

If you look at one of the photos above you can see what used to be the front of the queue before the loading area which no longer has any floorboards.
I see just spotted that! Can assume it's being replaced for guest usage next season then 👀 I'd like to hope themed teasers will be added to any construction fences, but we'll see.

Bored of people trying to deny anything is happening.

Nemesis closing with phlanax marketing everywhere + clear construction in NST building. It doesn’t take a genus to work it out surely.

Anyway i’m excited to see what they are going to be doing, i’m hoping this explains where the Ents budget has gone (instead of scarefest)

It’s understandable of people to to skeptical, up until today everything else that has happened has happened every other year since it closed. Ripping up rotten queue line wood for replacement hasn’t so is way more suggestive of things. I know some people have said it’s going to be where the workers go for Nemesis next year, but I really don’t think that’s a possibility at at all. I’d agree that something is going on.

That is rotten staircase and decking being removed...possibly for essential repairs to access routes to the works office for the nemesis construction site that starts in about a month.
Rot replacement, no wd40 can, so it is not conclusive proof for me.

That is rotten staircase and decking being removed...possibly for essential repairs to access routes to the works office for the nemesis construction site that starts in about a month.
Rot replacement, no wd40 can, so it is not conclusive proof for me.
Do you really think they would want the site office right next to a guest path? As I've said before, they'd be silly not to use the building for a new attraction in order to account for a major ride in that area being closed for a while. Plus as others have said, it could help to market Nemesis 2.0 in the lead-up to 2024.

Last edited:
I think track might come down the day after the park closes...has happened on the Beach in the past with a number of the rides.

The thing about the site office theory, though, is that they have a backstage area right next to Nemesis that they could use without doing any demolition; the access road to it leads right down past the extended queue line, and I believe the gate accessing the access road is right next to the Nemesis entrance, correct me if I’m wrong.

They also have a big car park not far away. And another one that looks directly onto the Nemesis site (although that one admittedly facilitates the walking route to the park, so I’m not sure they’d want to block that off).

My point is that there are plenty of alternative spaces where site office space could go. With that in mind, I’d be surprised if they’re paying for Sub Terra demolition to accommodate site offices and access when they could quite easily place that somewhere else for free.

My thought is that this is most certainly an exciting development, and does add considerable credence to the theory that Sub Terra is returning for next year. They haven’t touched the queue for the past 7 years, so why suddenly remove a load of wood now if you weren’t planning on using the space for something or other?

Last edited:
Site office will be some portacabins craned in and already setup as offices. No need to spend money removing, renovating and configuring a building when you can just crane a rented, pre configured one in.
I was just going to say this is what it will probably be. The area can’t just run on Galactica and The Blade, particularly as neither of them are ultra reliable.