• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis: Sub-Terra

Try doing the drive from Exeter..... M5 all the way up to Birmingham, then onto the wonderful M6 up to J15. Takes usually about 4.5 to 5 hours each way depending on traffic.
J15? From Gloucester I get off at M6 J13, go through Stafford & Uttoxetter - you know you're not far when you pass the JCB factory. I think this way is a similar time to do but slightly less miles.

To be honest, I can't really see it opening again as it was before. I do think however, they might use the ABCs somewhere else. It'd be a terrible waste of money otherwise. I hope they find a use for those leftover towers though. To be honest, I don't think Nemesis even needed a third ride, if they re-open it, it should be under something else.

To be honest, I can't really see it opening again as it was before. I do think however, they might use the ABCs somewhere else. It'd be a terrible waste of money otherwise. I hope they find a use for those leftover towers though. To be honest, I don't think Nemesis even needed a third ride, if they re-open it, it should be under something else.

I believe the reason it closed was due to the Drop Towers themselves, something to do with the restraints I believe, despite them being adapted before its closure there must have been some minor issues with them still.

It's had a troublesome past but I do hope they re-open it, I personally felt it was a great addition to the park with some great themeing and a nice backstory to the nemesis theme.

Slightly off topic but drop dead at the London Dungeon has been closed most of this year I’m wondering if it’s a similar issue.

I have it on good authority that Sub-Terra is at least capable of being reopened. The state of the building by now, however, makes me think otherwise.

Yes it was due to the restraints, but this has been fixed and the ride could re-open if they wanted it to.

Nearly posted this in the Scarefest thread but thought it would suit here better.

I was talking to an enthusiast friend recently, he made a valid point.

Merlin always want an excuse (i.e-return on investment) in order to spend money. Say that one of the reasons NST has remained closed for so long is that it requires updates that would prove to be quite costly. Project 42 would seem to be the perfect excuse to give to Merlin to spend the money on the NST building to get it back up to scratch and out of disrepair, make some upcharge money out of it over Scarefest and reopen it (as NST or otherwise) for 2019.

What do people think? It is strange that rides like Charlie are SBNO and long gone from the website, but NST remains.

Moreover, some people on here know quite senior people at the park, can anyone give even the slightest hint whether it is even the desire/aspiration to reopen it one day when budget allows?

I think that sounds like a very likely possibility @MakoMania. If they can use the Scarefest budget to get everything in Nemesis: Sub-Terra back up to a good working standard, and the operations budget next year is a bit more generous, it seems almost logical to think that it may reopen. I certainly hope so, anyway.

FV next year will be a case of take away one ride... bring back another.
Does that mean Blade is likely to close? Shame if true; I quite like Blade, although it is probably less unique than Sub Terra.

Blade's days have been numbered for years now, I think it's a miracle it's made it this far.
I suppose it was scheduled to shut in 2015 and given a reprieve, so it's hardly surprising, I guess. I do personally enjoy it, though.

Think it will reopen next year personally, the scaremaze being a teaser for it.

I just can’t see why they would use the same building, the Phalnax theme, if they weren’t going to reopen.

It may be that the towers are not used for the maze, but I’d be surprised if it doesn’t reopen next year now.

If they wanted to remove the ride then I can’t see why they’d be providing references to its theme. By the sounds of it the lift is going to be in action for the maze at least, as you’re invited ‘underground,’ and from my recollection that lift opens directly into the tower chamber doesn’t it? It just seems unlikely they’d do that if they weren’t going to reopen it, as people are going to see the drop towers etc when they go in.

My guess is it’s going to get a bit of makeover, be nemesis sub terra - project 42 or sometbing and open next year as a new ride.

I just hope NST doesn't become the upcharge dungeon for 2019. Then we lose Blade and gain an upcharge attraction. Yay :eek:

I can’t see that happening, if they were going to do that then they wouldn’t be having a scaremaze in the Same building. It will confuse the theme too much for people who have done the maze, especiallly as they’re using the original NST theme for the maze, or elements of it at least.

Makes logical sense that this will reopen as NST, or a variant of, and the old Charlie building will be the up charge. At least I hope so anyway as if I’m wrong I’d be fuming.