• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis: Sub-Terra

Back in 2017 when Hex and Cuckoo Cars returned after a season of closure, the only real fanfare was a ‘Back for 2017’ marker next to their respective images on the park map. I imagine something similar, although times and personnel have changed so who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What is weird is that so far as I can tell the work carried out on the queue line seems to have halted, meaning that it still can’t be used as a queue as it isn’t complete, but has also been partly replenished for that purpose.

Odd, perhaps they’ll finish the works prior to the season’s start but it just seems weird to me that they’d start it then leave it for 6 weeks.

Back in 2017 when Hex and Cuckoo Cars returned after a season of closure, the only real fanfare was a ‘Back for 2017’ marker next to their respective images on the park map. I imagine something similar, although times and personnel have changed so who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I feel this is more likely (if it’s reopening) and then when the time comes later in the season to ramp up Nemesis marketing, Sub-Terra will get a bit more attention as a ‘build up’ to the Phalanax story being applied to Nemesis in 2024.

If it isn't being used for ping pong for the construction workers, I would guess it will open for the summer peak, at the start of school trip season.
The fact that there has been zero mention of a reopening remains amusing though.

If it isn't being used for ping pong for the construction workers, I would guess it will open for the summer peak, at the start of school trip season.
The fact that there has been zero mention of a reopening remains amusing though.
Yeah like all the other rides they've left standing to rot then eventually scrapped.

We only have information on Alton Manor currently.

There is still another month to go. I expect Retro Squad information to be released soon.

Still think this isn’t opening as a new ride but would love to be proved wrong.

Once the initial buzz of Alton Manor has died down they could then market this in late spring. Encourages repeat visits for customers who may have already visited over Easter and also gives passholders something else to look forward later in the season as well.

I don't think they will want to roll out more of the Nemesis backstory just yet whilst they have a 'new' attraction to promote in Gloomy Wood.

Whatever happens with it, I was expecting it to open at the start of the season to cover Nemesis as FV will be a major ride down. Understandable that they're prioritising TCAAM though given it's the major new attraction for this season. That could actually be a thorn in the side of FV though, as the crowds attracted by TCAAM could then flood FV when it's capacity is reduced due to Nemesis being unavailable (although Nemmy's reconstruction will almost certainly be an attraction in itself).

Last edited:
Stuff like this always makes me laugh.

The ‘manufacturer no longer supports it’ yet you’ve got the likes of Enterprise and Blade which are still getting new parts annually despite being due a telegram from the king anytime now.

Personally I hope this is gone and eventually they put something decent there

They're not hugely complicated technology (and sound like old skool Vekoma lift hills), so it should not be an issue.

The ‘manufacturer no longer supports it’ yet you’ve got the likes of Enterprise and Blade which are still getting new parts annually despite being due a telegram from the king anytime now.
Not that I'm saying the facebook comment has any truth, but it's certainly true that some manufacturers provide better long term support than others. Huss still manufacture Enterprises and Pirats which have much in common with the models Alton Towers operate(d).

This is why so many Huss rides of that vintage are still going, and yet you'd find it much harder to find an equivalent Weber model.

There are images circling on Twitter of a temporary platform outside of the building. It looks like it's access up to the old entrance sign but the image is still obscured so I can't really tell what's happened (yet). Credit to Squadding Quads (tried to embed, not sure if I've done it properly so someone will have to help me if not 😅
The building roof (main part) also looks MUCH cleaner than previously.

From: https://twitter.com/Squaddingquads/status/1628060101750714374