• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis: Sub-Terra

There are images circling on Twitter of a temporary platform outside of the building. It looks like it's access up to the old entrance sign but the image is still obscured so I can't really tell what's happened (yet). Credit to Squadding Quads (tried to embed, not sure if I've done it properly so someone will have to help me if not 😅
The building roof (main part) also looks MUCH cleaner than previously.

From: https://twitter.com/Squaddingquads/status/1628060101750714374

I mentioned in a previous post that they’d been cleaning it.

Fair play to squatting quads for absolutely milking this drone footage over the closed season. 😂

I'm not going to show you until 9pm?!
Is this a new thing?
It’s relatively new, I guess, but many YouTubers do timed “premieres” these days.

I don’t really understand the point of them myself, but I guess some like the suspense of waiting for a video!

Old git, hard work broke me today (again)...
Well past my bedtime, hardly a big reveal, will not be holding my breath, there are far more interesting things out there than a scrub up of a third rate attraction whose only use is to keep a few mugs out of the coaster queues.

Yeah it's irritating. I like having the closed season footage, but not a fan of clikbaity titles and "waiting until 9pm"
The fact that Squadding Quads made this video a premiere means that people can watch the video 'live' and therefore become the first to know what has or has not been 'discovered'. I think superiority comes into play a little.

I don't mind being a mug :tearsofjoy: i preferred the original Nemesis Sub Terra to a decent proportion of the current coaster lineup, and if it's anything like it once was then I'd imagine that'll be the case for me again. NST was actually my favourite ride in Forbidden Valley when the area was Air, Nemesis, NST, Ripsaw and The Blade so I'm fine with that.

Superiority?
Really?
A second (third?) rate attraction, cheesy, one trick wonder, that left my wife and mates chuckling "Is that it?"
Better than Nemesis, your opinion will be in the minority, but every last one is sacred!
Worth doing once, just.
Not a repeat ride, not worth queueing more than five minutes for, only fun if going on with a first timer.

I know my opinion on that will be in the minority, it's just Nemesis gave me nothing but uncomfortable rides, I find Galactica too boring, Ripsaw restraints were uncomfortable and The Blade is just a swinging ship. I liked the whole experience of the original NST (I know most didn't), but that's probably why. I'm intrigued to see how much is different to 8 years ago.

Can't be any worse than it was originally that's for sure. It's just an odd attraction/stupid idea. The scare maze bit at the end was just confusing if anything I led our group down where all the staff were standing and got told to leave the other way. Once you've done it and had wind/water blown in your face, your back prodded and legs tickled you know what's coming. Wouldn't be so bad if the drop was a bit more substantial 20 feet is a bit naff.

Duel in its final incarnation was superior to NST in its prime. Hence why it was closed and never opened again. It would need a complete gut and change of ride system to tempt me back in again.

At least the area has been cleaned up a bit more. Not a fan of mazes where people jump out at you. Always found NST boring, people would always come out laughing which was the opposite of what they wanted to achieve I think.

NST's capacity hopefully will improve. Its maximum theoretical was apparently a measly 400 pph.
People came off laughing with embarrassment..."Was that it?"
And are we sure it is a twenty foot drop, it didn't feel that even.
Wikipedia, and other sites, state that it is 20ft, so I assume that that is correct.
Out of interest,how did NST's drop compare to 'Drop Dead' at The London Dungeon, which I think uses the same ride system?

I don't want a bloody wiki quote, there are plenty of liars on there who do it for fun...I want the man with the tape measure, there are a few on here in the precise know.
Anyone can quote a press release.

What I would say is that there’s quietly now been the best part of 10 months of work on and off on the ride and the surrounding area, so it’s possible that whatever has been done is relatively extensive.