• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis: Sub-Terra

I think if N:ST is ready on opening day it will open but I think all energy will be going into Alton Manor so it’s very possible it opens a little later if they need all creative resource to finish Alton Manor.

I don’t think it will get huge marketing either way.

Here me out,

What if the subterra queue line fencing was done as a walkway to “view” the nemesis work and look into the pit?
2a4df13b7854acde77615a421684eb2d.jpg

Credit: Nathan Fores from FB
The path on this looks wider like a viewing ramp and also elevated….

However I maybe wrong, you might not able to see anything physically from that angle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here me out,

What if the subterra queue line fencing was done as a walkway to “view” the nemesis work and look into the pit?
2a4df13b7854acde77615a421684eb2d.jpg

Credit: Nathan Fores from FB
The path on this looks wider like a viewing ramp and also elevated….

Because you will not see the pit from that location, Sub Terra queue is no where near the pit. Also, there are lot's of foliage blocking the view along with some hills and other things.

Ok fair enough, just from the angle of video looks like a viewing ramp more than a queue

Yeah there's definitely a ramp and walkway on top of the original Sub Terra queue (and separate from it), but it might just be for pre-season construction/maintenance purposes. Time will tell, though!

It’s all very strange, it seems seperete to sub Terra. As I don’t see why you would build a massive ramp and queue line above the normal queue line out of scaffolding. When the rest of the queue has just been replaced properly. I also can’t see Sub Terra needing all that queue line.

So it just be related to Nemesis. Either for some weird access (but don’t know why, as the monorail is in the way) or some kind of viewing area over the Nemesis construction site.

Hmm, maybe that could be a plan, although a bizarre location to have a viewing platform for Nemesis. IIRC you would only see a slither of the pit from between the ride entrance and the access road. Even less when the summer foliage grows. Maybe my memory serves me incorrectly, but I am sure you will not see much from there.

After previous discussion on a pre show for nemesis...the distance was clocked at about a hundred yards from the pit...so no viewing platform...too far away.
Scaffold platforms often have wider u turns on them...usual practice, give people extra space to turn.

Any chance it’s for additional theming for the Phalanx base, they could have the Phalanx operatives patrolling over there as a lookout tower perhaps?

My knowledge of construction practices is minimal to say the least but I just can’t see what the point of that would be if it’s in relation to the bit of queue below it, you can clearly see from
Those photos that the entire rest of the queue has been cleaned out and ready for use so I can’t see why that triangular bit of queue in particular would have the scaffold (which also now has barriers up on the edges which it didn’t before).

Whatever it is looks in addition to the ride queue etc.

Can't see Towers employing people to walk around a platform just looking cool to increase the atmosphere, to be honest.
Probably not but possibly on busy days/ busy times?

I’d be surprised if it’s a viewing platform as it really doesn’t look like one (unless you were viewing the bit in the middle of the triangle which obviously you wouldn’t be.

My guess is it’s theming related in some capacity.

My preferred use would be if they installed some of those water guns that cost £1 for 10 shots to shoot water at people queuing for the ride.

I don't quite buy the viewing platform theory, but perhaps it sits a little higher than the photo illustrates? And if it's for some sort of Phalanx operative to troop along, I'm not sure they would have built a loop back? Given the unsurpassed speculation regarding N:ST over the past eight years, perhaps the park just want to maintain the intrigue generated around that area with an all-new, purpose-free Mystery Pathway.

I think we might get a decent look at what’s going on with this this coming Saturday as I assume there will be some close up snaps of it. The Blade has been re assembled and Galactica has been testing so I assume Forbidden Valley will be available/open.