• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis: Sub-Terra

I also think it’ll be May but would’ve pushed for Easter as it’s usually very busy, they’re a major ride down and tend to have quite a bit of downtime on the other rides, but we’ll see

Never got that logic that only one ride can be new or promoted at a time. It’s still new, even if this was open, and anyone who wants to ride The Curse would do either way.

It's another enthusiast and free six-figure viral social views day guaranteed. Everyone was there on the 18th anyway and then it was virtually dead the next day. Holding off the reopening this is a good marketing tactic, but it will not be able to chew through queues like the Manor can so don't everyone turn up please.

Never got that logic that only one ride can be new or promoted at a time. It’s still new, even if this was open, and anyone who wants to ride The Curse would do either way.

There’s a finite number of people who will engage with the Alton Towers social media when a new ride is announced as there is in terms of people who will visit the park to ride it on opening day irrespective of whether you open one new ride or two.

If you can string it out into two separate events you get the same numbers (or similar) twice.

Assume that’s the reason, that and the fact that there’s probably an element of wanting Curse and John Burton to have the limelight for a bit which would have been slightly compromised had Nemesis’ name been involved on that day in any way.

Reactions: Tom
How come they're paying a member of staff to stand outside the entrance all day? Just doesn't make any sense.
That makes me think it's be returning quite soon, they'll be there to generate interest. Wouldn't make sense if it wasn't opening for a while.

@Steve74 I think they say that they can't give any information at this time, or something like that.

They were in plain uniform when I went past today, but still with the phalanx persona (stern face, rigid posture, staring people down) could have been relief staff covering a break. Regardless, they're deliberately not very approachable and I'm yet to see anyone stop and talk to them.

To drum up more interest? See a member of staff at a ride entrance and you're more likely to ask what's going on. Anyone know what the staff member is saying to guests?

The staff member was in phalanx uniform, and when asked when the ride was opening, announced that "The phalanx has not disclosed that information to the public yet." Plenty of work going on in the building though, with light on, staff going in and out with tools, audible work noises, and plenty of boxes of small electrical components, lighting fixtures, etc.

I think they’re trying to emulate Oblivion’s “agent” back in 1997. Unfortunately the young chap they had doing the job on my last visit had as much gravitas as a wet lettuce, even as an enthusiast I had no desire to approach or interact

How come they're paying a member of staff to stand outside the entrance all day? Just doesn't make any sense.

Assume it’s got something to do with the fact that there’s a potentially dangerous (possibly unfinished) ramp which reaches quite a height near the entrance of the ride.

Suspect they have someone there to stop idiots from getting past the gate and up the ramp as much as it’s anything to do with NST

To drum up more interest? See a member of staff at a ride entrance and you're more likely to ask what's going on. Anyone know what the staff member is saying to guests?
I asked him last monday as i joked to my daughter i'll get some response about investigations etc

Unfortunately he just rsaid 'i'm not allowed to say'

I replied 'you could've stayed in character' to which he laughed