• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis- The End and Beyond

I remember seeing that picture of Nemesis (think it was from a Feb half term visit) with scaffolding all around one part (can't remember which). It looked quiet extensive which would suggest that it was something major - however there was no evidence when the pic was taken that any track was out of place.

I wonder if Nemesis will ever get a full refurb, Disney style. By this I mean a full clean and repaint and a refresh of all themeing and even some new additions.

The ride will surely reach a point where it needs this maybe in 10 years time? I am perhaps being over optimistic but as AT's flagship (assuming nothing better is built) it deserves a massive overhaul at some point in its life. ??? :)

Ian said:
If the ride is going to live on though I would hope that the park are going to start throwing a bit of cash at it. Not just for things like a clean and theming repairs, but a total service from top to bottom of the ride. Nemmy is considered to be one of the 'rougher' B&Ms out there, and age has taken its toll on the ride. No level of build quality can ever completely prevent age setting in sooner or later.

I love this bit personally. My first ride eight years ago, I hit my head through the final tunnel and thought Nemesis hurt. I then learnt where the ride has a bit of a kick and to this day have never felt a single bit of roughness or pain whilst riding Nemesis. For an 18 year old ride, it holds up incredibly so, far more then newer B&M's like Inferno and Oz'Iris which have a slight rattle to them or The Incredible Hulk which is definitly a ride that has not aged well.

It will need a proper refurbishment at some point but for a ride that is ancient by todays standard, it really is the European benchmark. A ride that will we see around for a very long time. ;D

John Wardley himself promised to those at the Th13teen evening that their grandchildren would be able to ride Nemesis. Take that however you want. ;)

I think it was John been nice to the kid asking the question but he was essentially saying that the park had no plans to close it. Nemesis is only 18, Vampire has made it to 22 and corkscrew made it to 28. Both of these rides have poorer build qualities than Nemesis so I doubt we need to worry at all about losing the old girl.

We more need to worry about the incredibly negligent way Towers are looking after the aesthetics of the ride!

If I remember rightly, I was told B&M were so close to removing the life time guarantee on Nemesis when Merlin first took over due to its treatment by late Tussauds.......