• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

New Forum Bug Reports

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I’m not sure if this is a bug or not, but I’ve noticed that the new forum doesn’t seem to like me putting a link to my Captain Coaster profile within the Captain Coaster image in my signature.

Another forum I’m on permits it, but TS doesn’t seem to. Is there any particular reason why this is, or is it just an error?
Give it a shot now Matt, it seems a permission didn't migrate over as it should have

I just spotted a fun little bug. If you try and change between Dark and Light mode in preferences, it instantly reverts to whatever mode it was in before. I'm on Firefox.

It works fine if you change it using the option at the bottom of each page.

1645872450581.png

Hey @Squiggs this should be fixed now and your choices in account preferences are now respected! 😄

Thanks

1645907782242.png

Smaller version of my GIF works in the screenshot, the large one doesn't? Is it a bug?

1645907782242.png

Smaller version of my GIF works in the screenshot, the large one doesn't? Is it a bug?
Yeah that's not a bug, that's a downside when you use an animated gif for a profile photo as there's some resizing going on in some areas which'll convert it to a jpeg (such as on profiles).

Just a little on I've just had (although may well be my end)
When using the new posts section and selection on a post it sometimes takes you two or three posts up, it's just happened to me in the Sureal news article thread where it took me the Pluk's post https://towersstreet.com/talk/threads/surreal-news-articles.4827/post-35419 rather than to Thameslink's post https://towersstreet.com/talk/threads/surreal-news-articles.4827/post-354196
I'm using chrome on my laptop version: 98.0.4758.102 (Official Build) (64-bit)

The first link sent me to a post in the I feel down topic from 2012!

The issue with media embeds interfering with the scrolling to new posts is now resolved thankfully... been a bit of a nightmare this one! 🤣

Sorry, still getting the scroll issue.
Quite handy for me actually, being an old git with a shoddy memory, it helps to get the last few posts again...

Sorry, still getting the scroll issue.
Quite handy for me actually, being an old git with a shoddy memory, it helps to get the last few posts again...
Which browser and device are you using Rob? I’ve tried on iOS and on macOS on Firefox, Chrome and Safari and seems to be working on those now.

For anyone getting the issue could you post the link to the post (not just the topic) you’re trying to view so we can see if we can replicate? For those that haven’t mentioned browser and device if you could add that too. I’ve just tried Thameslink’s example earlier in the post and that still seems to load as intended, so we’d need some more info to try and replicate.

Just had a bit of a scare; It asked me for the email confirmation code as I have 2FA enabled, but the email took longer than usual to arrive. I refreshed the page and logged in again, and it eventually arrived in the spam folder, with a message that Gmail couldn't verify that it came from towersstreet.com. I moved it into my inbox as I knew it was genuine. Has anyone else had this issue since the forum updated? Those emails have never gone into my spam folder until now. :oops:

unknown.png

Hmm I can’t replicate this scrolling issue on Chrome, Safari or Firefox at the moment, it’s always taking me to the correct post, even in the example link you gave there.

If you are still having this happen @JAperson @rob666 can you give me some examples answering these three questions for each:

1. What is the URL in your address bar immediately after you have clicked the link - it should end with #post-12345 with different numbers - please don’t scroll or anything before copying this

2. What (incorrect) post ID is showing at the top of your browser window - this is the # number on the right hand side of each post next to the bookmark and share icons

3. What post ID did you *expect* to be showing at the top of your browser window - you might need to scroll to find this, but again the # number on the right hand side of each post next to the bookmark and share icons

4. When you clicked the link and the forum scrolled down to the post, was the post you expected to see still actually visible somewhere on the screen without you having to scroll yourself? It may not be the one at the top of your browser window, but was it actually just viewable on screen a bit further down rather than having to scroll? This would depend on how big your browser window is, and a screenshot of the whole browser might help best here!

Thanks.

Just had a bit of a scare; It asked me for the email confirmation code as I have 2FA enabled, but the email took longer than usual to arrive. I refreshed the page and logged in again, and it eventually arrived in the spam folder, with a message that Gmail couldn't verify that it came from towersstreet.com. I moved it into my inbox as I knew it was genuine. Has anyone else had this issue since the forum updated? Those emails have never gone into my spam folder until now. :oops:

unknown.png

Thanks for letting us know - unfortunately, as the forum is running on a brand new server that is barely a week old when the previous site was running on the same server for many years, some email providers note this and think it is potentially malicious activity with someone trying to spoof the site.

Moving the email to your inbox is absolutely the right action here as it affirms to Google that the email is genuine and trustworthy, and unfortunately we can’t influence that, only the people receiving the emails who click the ‘not spam’ or ‘spam’ buttons.

I will double check all of the records on our side to make sure the correct records for email verification are in place too.

Thanks.

Hmm I can’t replicate this scrolling issue on Chrome, Safari or Firefox at the moment, it’s always taking me to the correct post, even in the example link you gave there.

If you are still having this happen @JAperson @rob666 can you give me some examples answering these three questions for each:

1. What is the URL in your address bar immediately after you have clicked the link - it should end with #post-12345 with different numbers - please don’t scroll or anything before copying this

2. What (incorrect) post ID is showing at the top of your browser window - this is the # number on the right hand side of each post next to the bookmark and share icons

3. What post ID did you *expect* to be showing at the top of your browser window - you might need to scroll to find this, but again the # number on the right hand side of each post next to the bookmark and share icons

4. When you clicked the link and the forum scrolled down to the post, was the post you expected to see still actually visible somewhere on the screen without you having to scroll yourself? It may not be the one at the top of your browser window, but was it actually just viewable on screen a bit further down rather than having to scroll? This would depend on how big your browser window is, and a screenshot of the whole browser might help best here!

Thanks.
When I have it happen again I'll take note of the links, I did give an example in my post above:
just had it here on muscleman's post: https://towersstreet.com/talk/threads/disneyland-paris-general-discussion.2947/post-351924 when it should've took me to siralgenons's post.
It should've taken me to me siralgeon's post although interestingly the link here takes you to prof purb's post which is a few posts up, I wonder if it's something to do with the individual post links because if I copy the link from your last post here it takes me to skyscrapers post https://towersstreet.com/talk/threads/new-forum-bug-reports.6171/post-354332

When I have it happen again I'll take note of the links, I did give an example in my post above:

It should've taken me to me siralgeon's post although interestingly the link here takes you to prof purb's post which is a few posts up, I wonder if it's something to do with the individual post links because if I copy the link from your last post here it takes me to skyscrapers post https://towersstreet.com/talk/threads/new-forum-bug-reports.6171/post-354332

That last example would have been fine, and if you are clicking that link and seeing Skyscrapers post still rather than mine then that is still potentially wrong - but I need you to specifically answer the 4 questions in my post to be able to help further.

Thanks.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.