• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

New Forum Bug Reports

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
A few chessie updates, they have announced their event line up for the season which (might come as no surprise to anyone) no includes a Mardi Gras event called:
E246FEAE-804C-419D-B128-238429212E24.jpeg

Then returning is wilderfest in the summer, Halloween, Christmas and Feb half term.

In other news the apps been updated with the new map, advertising the new area for 2023, but also the removal of the bus ride in Will Asia. But no mention of the new flat rides yet.

I’m not sure if this is a bug or just me being humourless and out of the loop on some TS in-joke, but I’ve noticed that whenever someone types the word VIBES, the forum now automatically puts that word on FULL CAPS, even when it’s totally out of context and the user didn’t want it like that. Even old posts containing the word have now been altered so that the word is autocapitalised whenever it’s used.

I’ll just grab a few old posts of mine, where I used the word but certainly didn’t originally post it in full caps lock, to show you what I mean:

(https://towersstreet.com/talk/threa...-major-roller-coaster.6037/page-9#post-346908)

(https://towersstreet.com/talk/threa...intamin-mega-coaster.1526/page-13#post-332606)

(https://towersstreet.com/talk/threa...rward-to-in-the-near-future.5412/#post-282907)

In some of those instances, I’ll admit having the word auto-capitalised looks very strange to me, as in some contexts, it does look out of step with the rest of the post.

Is this a bug, or am I just being humourless and missing out on some new TS in-joke?
EDIT: I forgot it would auto-capitalise here as well…

I suspect someone's playing with the formatting a bit so it automatically does that. Not the first time it's happened on here or way back on TT, either. :p
Wonder if it's got something to do with a certain restaurant at Thorpe being renamed...? 🙃😛

After posting a new topic earlier I noticed that the link didn't appear in the shoutbox like on the old forum. Is that a problem or does it just not do so anymore?

After posting a new topic earlier I noticed that the link didn't appear in the shoutbox like on the old forum. Is that a problem or does it just not do so anymore?
This isn’t a bug, it was a feature on the old shoutbox, but not available on the new add on 🙂

Be grateful our word filter list is considerably more streamlined these days, and that it’s pretty hard to fall foul of it.

The real oldies will remember the days of “Tesco” becoming “Lidl ‘round the back of Hotel Colloseo”.

I'm getting some odd strobing of the top bar as I scroll on some threads, it flickers rapidly between the purple bar and the text underneath, but only while I'm scrolling the page up and down.

It's inconsistent too, not happening on this thread, was in the 2022 AT threat just now.

On my crappy old Samsung using chrome.

Not had any other reports of this one Pluk, so can only assume it's specific to perhaps the age of your device for this one. I've not been able to replicate it using anything here either.

I've worked out this happens when the screen is zoomed in at all, which will my fat thumbs it often is a little tiny bit that I wouldn't otherwise notice. It's a non issue really but thought you might like to know.

Reactions: Ian
In the past couple of days the light/dark theme seem to change randomly. The setting doesn't seem to persist but the setting is seemingly saved somewhere as it will randomly switch back.

Also (assume connected), when loading with either device, it seems to go into light mode for a second or two and then shift to dark.

Affecting both Android/Chrome and MacOS/Safari.

Also (assume connected), when loading with either device, it seems to go into light mode for a second or two and then shift to dark.

Using iPhone safari it will always load with the theme it had last time and then switch to the one which matches my iPhone settings a second later. This makes sense to me that the page loads as it did last time before realising its wrong and updating.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.