• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

New Thunderbirds Dark Ride

Temleh

TS Member
Taken from this article: http://kidscreen.com/2018/04/20/itv-ramps-up-thunderbirds-are-go-live-experiences/

30815860_1236566846503301_2246836405936141315_o.jpg

thunderbirdsarego-immersiveride.jpg

Where could this be going then?

Thunderbirds was televised in multiple countries I think. It could be going anywhere really.

Looks a cool concept though and definitely an IP I'm pleased seems to be getting some love. Used to enjoy watching it as a kid and me and my brother had our own Tracy Island.

Dubai seems to be getting lots of expansion right now. Perhaps it's going there?

I’d never actually heard of or watched this show, but I believe it’s been rebooted and is now being broadcast on CITV, correct me if I’m wrong? Was Thunderbirds an old TV show that was on a long time ago?

With regards to where this could be going, I reckon CITV could possibly be a candidate for 2019’s CCL retheme, so maybe this could be a replacement for CATCF or Ice Age 4D at Alton.

Sometimes on here I feel so very very old ffs.
Thunderbirds...one of the best kids tv series ever.
Gerry and Sylvia Anderson were the famous creators...had a model display show on the prom at Blackpool for quite a few years.
Originally done with marionettes...Supermarrionation actually, posh puppets, redone recently as cartoon series.
There was also...
a couple of films, a tv remake, radio series spin offs, books, plays, toys, colouring books and a comic series...and stick on tattoos.
The Blue Peter model was voted the best Blue Peter model ever!
There is also a real rescue organisation called International Rescue...named after the Thunderbirds group.
And I wasn't really a fan...Captain Scarlett and the Mysterons was much more cool.
Early sixties Matt, that being the nineteen sixties, not the eighteen sixties.
Google the theme tune...you might recognise it.

Cbeebies has been an absolute raging success all told so it wouldn't shock me if Towers think they can try and cash in on some more British IP's.

Wouldn't take this as gospel though. Quick research says that Thunderbirds was broadcast in 66 countries. It could be going anywhere. There's even a Thomas land in Japan for example.

I've heard of it and have watched a few minutes but it just did not appeal to me. I have a very good feeling that people under the age of 20 will have very similar feelings. Then again most 80s nostalgia (excluding stranger things and GOTG) never really catches my attention

With regards to where this could be going, I reckon CITV could possibly be a candidate for 2019’s CCL retheme, so maybe this could be a replacement for CATCF or Ice Age 4D at Alton.

I would be very surprised if a CITV area were to sit alongside a CBeebies Land within the same park. It would undoubtedly be a licensing nightmare for Merlin. A solo Thunderbirds attraction could work, mind. No idea as to the quality of the recent reboot, but there's a lot of nostalgia for the original.

I'm leaning towards this being for Drayton, it seems like something that would fit the park well and suits their current investment model (they often go for IPs).

Sounds interesting either way!

After reading all the cobblers about clock hands today...gcse students not being able to read the time on non digi clocks...ball locks.
Key stage 2..every year in maths, at east an hour a week for half a term on telling the time, digital and analogue, every school...
Were all these kids skiving off to the towers during the numeracy hour?

Sorry, off topic.
Did I tell you about making Stacey island...pink and glittery.
Best model I ever made.
Got Thunderbirds theme as an earworm now!

Given that the paper I've seen reporting on this is the Daily Fail, I'm not convinced about its accuracy.

Given that the paper I've seen reporting on this is the Daily Fail, I'm not convinced about its accuracy.

It's been reported in numerous places. It's definitely happening we just don't know where yet. I'm only interested as my little lad has taken a slight interest in it. He's 4 this weekend.

Chances are it will be abroad somewhere though.

Classic show. I’d love to see something like this pop up in the UK, but it’d have to be based on the original show. No tacky CG remakes of full length films. In all honesty, it’d likely make an awful attraction, but the nostalgia factor alone would make me want to visit!

I’m also going to say this, just because I want to see the younger member’s (Christ, you should never be saying that at 23) minds implode... In our house we’d watch the TV show if it was on, but when it wasn’t we’d listen to Thunderbirds and Captain Scarlet stories, on vinyls. It’s like a CD, but bigger and black and with less lasers (I hasten to add these vinyls were from when my mother was a girl and got handed down. I’m not that old.).

Kids these days...

God I’m old.