• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

New Year's Resolutions 2015

Jonathan

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Helix <3
I know it's a few days late, but I thought it'd be a good idea to ask about any New Year's Resolutions people may have. I've already got a few.

1. Lose weight and get fitter.
For a while now, I've realised that I've been putting on weight, and I've decided that I'm going to try and lose some of it. My problem is that I can't be bothered to go to the gym, so my solution is to start running when I can. I'm also going to use this as an opportunity to get fitter, as right now, I can't run very far without having to stop to catch my breath. :p

2. Move into my own place.
I've got to the point where I want to move into my own place. I just want more space from my parents, as they're starting to drive me a bit insane. However, I can't afford to move out at the moment - the fifteen contracted hours I have per week at my current job aren't enough. This is why I'm going to do what I can to try and get more hours where I am now, but I'm also looking at jobs elsewhere. I'd be happy to go full-time in a job, which would give me even more money.

3. Crack on with an idea for a screenplay
It's long been a dream of mine to write a screenplay for a film. I've toyed with a few ideas for a while, and think I've settled on something along the lines of a young gay man who's trying to live his own life with more freedom from his very religious family. Now, if that sounds familiar to you, then that's because my idea is to base a chunk of it on my life. I'm not going to give much more away, though, but I think I'm gradually getting enough ideas together to form a decent plot.

My fourth resolution isn't so much of a resolution - more something I'd like to try and work towards. And for me, it's a very big thing.

4. Come out to my parents by the end of the year.
For the past few months, I've been thinking more and more about telling my parents that I'm gay. I know that it won't be easy, which is why I want to try and work my way towards getting to the point where I feel I'm ready to come out. My worst fear is that when they find out, they'll kick me out of the house (which I know is unlikely), and I'm not exactly in a position right now to financially support myself on my own. Which is another reason why I want to get more hours in my current job or get a new job with more hours so that I'll have the money to support myself in my own place should the worst end up happening.

So that's all I've come up with at the moment. Anyone else got any resolutions they'd like to share?

1. Stop eating red meat. Partly because its hard to digest and partly because Im starting to not like the taste.
2. Sleep more.
3. Go to 1 concert with my friends

I don't really have any this year, but I suppose I'd quite like to achieve working in a more professional venue than I'm used to, be it work experience or a part time job once I'm 16, to help towards pursuing my career in technical theatre.

I have contacts who have contacts, so it should be achievable.

:)

1. Wear my glasses more often
2. attend more TST meets
3. ride nemesis
4. do well with uni work

1. Learn to drive.
Progress thus far equates to simply rambling around a gravel carpark with a terrified Kim in the passenger seat, but all has gone well so far :p Ready for the next step.

2. Budget.
My two jaunts to EP and Liseberg last year have made me develop the largest desire possible to put as much money away for trips like this again. Sadly Liseberg was funded by a better paying job than the one I currently have, yet the total enjoyment I have for it helps me forget that :p

3. Put everything in place for next year.
I have every intention to plan in advance to make next year as amazing as it can be. With at least three abroad trips planned and an impending uni graduation, I'm all for refusing to do everything in my power to make 2015 that extra special year, but rather use it make next year even more unforgettable, almost in the same manner 2013 panned out for 2014.

Last edited:
I don't really have any resolutions as such. But I'd like to lose weight (let myself go these last three years of uni), get a job and hopefully visit London for New Year 2016. Those are my goals for the year. :)

To stop abuseing my body through the aids of drink and fags and shit food