• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nigloland 2014: Alpina Blitz

Re: Nigloland : Mack Megacoaster 2013-2014?

I think the clue to what type of Megacoaster it will be is in the fact the Nigloland management chose to ride The Storm rather than the much more established (and closer) Blue Fire.

Of course they've probably already been on Blue Fire but why would they be so eager to ride The Storm as soon as it was operational if that wasn't what they were after?

According to coaster and more, it is going to be something similar to the storm. Maybe a clone.
Opening 2013

"Mega Coaster, Nigloland, Frankreich: Der französische Familienpark erhält eine ähnlichen Mega Coaster mit Lifthügel wie das Etnaland - Die Eröffnung ist für 2013 geplant."

Article here

Sam said:
Confirmed by RCDB.

Annoying how RCDB can confirm every coaster on the face of the earth but SW7. Can't believe it's not on there yet.

Also confirmed by Nigloland boss and the french press.
here is an article speaking of Nigloland's Halloween season and the coming coaster.

I translated the coaster part of the article for you.

The issue of new attractions coming was also raised. Managers wanted to have a new attraction every year, and it is one of the oldest ride of the park, Adventure jungle, which should be completely renovated for the 2013 season to provide "a nice boat trip in Africa."
But the most anticipated new attraction is, of course, the roller coaster that will open the 2014 season. A unique attraction since made "customized" by the German company Mack Rides. "This is the only way to build customer loyalty. We compete with large parks such as Disney, Asterix or Europa Park now. We will invest seven million euros in a roller coaster, "announced yesterday Philippe Gelis (Director of the park).
Attraction still under development but "will not have any inversions." "It will be a major attraction in europe, accessible for all the family from 1, 30 m and with supersensations. '
The attraction, which could be called "L'éclair des Alpes" (The Lightning of the Alps) will be installed in the Swiss village between the hotel and the Juke-box and will occupy an area of 2 ha for a height of 33 m within a framework of greenery . Investment also meens the price increase of the entrance for the park entrance. In 2014, however, this increase will only apply to tickets for adults, as kids would not be allowed to access the new attraction.
Philippe Gelis and to discuss several ideas already with a big splash that could be built in the same place as the roller coaster in the years to come ...

So basically :
New Mack coaster, about 33m high and no inversions. Something like the storm in etnaland.

No inversions? Don't this park need inversions?

:(

Re: Nigloland 2014: Mack Megacoaster

It needs at least the Mack Classic "last heartline roll". ^^

579133_10151556029194497_786031337_n.jpg

From the Nigloland's official facebook.

- Drop along 70m (Not 70m high drop lol!)
- 100 km/h launch
- 4.5 G force
- 9 Airtime hills

Still no heartline roll! :(

Screamscape said:
Internet Fun - (5/10/13) One of our readers took some pictures at a European company called CSM SteelStructures who apparently constructs some of the coaster and ride systems for Mack Rides (Blue Fire at Europa Park), KumbaK (Flying Dutchman @ Eftling) as well as some work for Vekoma.
They noticed what appeared to be red roller coaster looking supports on site, painted and ready for shipping. I’m just guessing, but these do look similar to the style used on Mack’s Blue Fire coaster but I’m not sure what project these are for. Could be for Sochi Park... may be for the flume/coaster project for Sea World Australia maybe... or perhaps for the Alpina Blitz coaster going to Nigloland (France) in 2014. Or maybe for something else entirely... anyone else have an idea? (Note: I’ve ruled out Helix at Lisberg as I don’t believe it will have red supports.)

lAVmRVr.jpg

Given that the image in the promo above is clearly just BluFi, maybe this coaster won't be blue? Or maybe it will be, and the red and blue will clash horribly. :p

I don't see this coaster having red support. It will be a swiss/alps themed coaster, I cant see any link between this theming and the supports in the photo.

Mack are building a few LSM coasters this year.

From checking RCDB, there's one going up in Sochi Park Adventureland (which from the stats is also a Blue Fire clone), one being built for Happy Kingdom in China and finally the one in Dubai that has already been mentioned which is for the IMG Theme Park.

Mack are also building a ride for Jurassic Dream in China called Mystic Caverns Express, though from concept art I'd say that these supports won't be for this.

Photo posted by peep on CF from this website.

Y72WKhf.jpg

Early station construction! Looks from that photo that the thing will be nearby Spatiale Experience. :)

Double Mack Attack!

:D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Apparently this is new this year at Nigloland, according to Screamscape!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y0pEzvpiO8#ws

Is it me or is that a bloody decent attempt at ripping off Jungle Cruise? :)

Screamscape said:
2014 - Alpina Blitz - (8/6/13) The latest details on Nigloland’s new Alpina Blitz coaster project says it will open on April 14th, 2014. They also claim it will feature a 70 meter drop (229 feet) and speeds near 100 kph (60mph), at a cost of 7 million Euros. I wonder if the drop height may have been confused, as previous reports said it would only stand 33 meters (108 feet) tall.

Here's the article. :)

It would be amazing if it WAS 229ft. For comparison, Blue Fire is 124.7ft so it's unlikely. :p

It is not new, it has been rebuilt for this season! :)

Theme Park Review have a few photos of Nigloland's new Mack. Here's a couple of them:

1472940_10152104912154497_1983836793_n.jpg

Mack in a box! :p

1479381_10152104911414497_1002620139_n.jpg

1460209_10152104911484497_1532903376_n.jpg

So the red track posted a while back is probably for the IMG theme park in Dubai, considering we know that the Sochi coaster is yellow and the Qihe Happy World coaster is blue.

:)

Out of interest, do we know or have any clues of what the layout of this coaster will be?

Track is now going up:

1460141_10152101691222259_1957742493_n.jpg

Photo from E-Coaster Facebook page