• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nigloland 2014: Alpina Blitz

Pedro

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Expedition Ge Force
Just to start a topic about Nigloland's new coaster.

It has been confirmed that Nigloland, the small french park, is going to have a new coaster late in 2013 or in 2014.
Nothing is official yet, but at the same time Mack Rides said they've sold a Megacoaster for a french park.
I really see no other park than Nigloland getting this ride, as they are searching for a coaster for years now, and they already have many Mack rides.

Today Parkmania.it posted that photo from the strom test
etnaland-100712-the_storm_collaudo3.jpg

The people in that train have been recognised by a french fan, and they are the 2 Nigloland's director : Philippe et Patrice Gélis (and 2 of their child)

So even if nothing is official at the moment, it is pretty sure that the new coaster at Nigloland will be a mack Megacoaster.

Re: Nigloland : New Coaster (Mack Megacoaster?) 2013-2014

Good news that they're finally getting the long rumoured coaster, just a shame it isn't going to be the Mega Lite that was being discussed a year or so ago.

I'd be interested to know how Mack's mega coasters are to ride - I don't think we can draw too much from Blue Fire. I suspect they'll be far tamer than B&M or Intamin hypers, but maybe the potential for an epic inversion could go some way to counter that.

Pedro said:
The people in that train have been recognised by a french fan, and they are the 2 Nigloland's director : Philippe et Patrice Gélis (and 2 of their child)

Wow, some epic theme park super-sluthing going on there! :D

Bloody GEEKS! I still can't read or say this park's name without feeling a little bit racist. If they've gone all the way to ride this one before it's even opened, it implies they're still considering whether to buy one or not. :)

Sam said:
I still can't read or say this park's name without feeling a little bit racist.

I'm so glad it wasn't just me :D

Sam said:
If they've gone all the way to ride this one before it's even opened, it implies they're still considering whether to buy one or not. :)

Or that they want to try another one, to be sure they made a good choice.

Tell me which other french park could get one of this? Certainly not Disney, or Parc Astérix. It is sure not to be Le Pal, and the other ones are really to small to buy such a coaster.

Pedro said:
Tell me which other french park could get one of this? Certainly not Disney, or Parc Astérix. It is sure not to be Le Pal, and the other ones are really to small to buy such a coaster.

No you're right, I'm sure if a Mack megacoaster is going to France, it'll be going here! I'm just pointing out that it'd be a bit odd for them to go make a special trip to ride this one pre-opening if they've already 100% signed the deal. :)

Until it starts being constructed, anything could change!

More Mack? Hooray! Seems they're finally taking off! !

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

It could be Le Pal, but it wouldn't be a great coaster for that park, maybee too intense. (Le pal is first of all a zoo)
And they said that this mack megacoaster wasn't for them. (Can't find the source anymore, but I saw this somewhere on a french forum/site)

The local council has decided to put some new roadsigns for tourist attractions. There is a whole file that you can find on their website : www.cg-aube.fr

Just have a look at the new sign for Nigloland!
7573065630_50b7769fa3_b.jpg

:D

Is this a wind up?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Actually, just looked on the council website - and it's real.

Well, if that isn't confirmation that the park are getting a Mack Mega... I don't know what is.

EXCITING!

:D :D :D :D

Re: Nigloland : Mack Megacoaster 2013-2014?

Now that's confirmed, we have to wonder what type of Mack mega it's going to be! Will it be a chainlift megalite-style coaster like The Storm or an LSM inversion-fest like BlooFi? Or something else entirely?

It could very well be a clone of BlooFi, since it seems they're offering that up as an off-the-shelf layout (Sochi 2014). Or maybe the The Storm is also an off-the-shelf layout they're offering? I'm not sure if I want it to be a BlooFi clone or a new layout entirely!

I highly doubt they'd clone Blue Fire again, at least not so close to Europa-Park.

I would like to see a launch into endless inline twists to be honest.

They won't clone bluefire, and I don't think that it's going to have a launch.
I see something like the storm, close to an intamin megalite (don't forget this coaster is expected for years now, and that it was supposed to be a clone from Piraten), with a lift and maybe 1 or 2 inversion.

I wonder why they dropped Intamin? I mean, obviously I am delighted it's a Mack but i'd be lying if I pretended it was preferred by enthusiasts to a Mega Lite!

The storm's layout is close to what a megalite is. And if you add that bluefire heartline roll it can be a fantastic coaster.

A Mack with a Storm layout will be everything an Intamin Megalite would be (in the public's eyes anyway) but with a lower chance of maintenance issues, a lower height restriction plus the marketable inversion.

The Megalite may well be a much better ride than Mack's version, but the general public really won't be able to tell the difference. :)

And the Mack can do inversions without over the shoulder restraints. This is also a big advantage.