• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nintendo Switch

Says that and has a PS4 Pro which is smothered with games that force you to get the DLC to play the game...

Indeed but look at the types of games it has.
Take Witcher 3, Skyrim, Fallout 4 for example easily these games have well over 200+ hours of gameplay and yes they do have DLC but these DLCs have got another 10 - 30+ hours worth of material on them. More if you are a perfectionist and want to delve deeper into the lore of the story and want all collectibles.

Indeed but look at the types of games it has.
Take Witcher 3, Skyrim, Fallout 4 for example easily these games have well over 200+ hours of gameplay and yes they do have DLC but these DLCs have got another 10 - 30+ hours worth of material on them. More if you are a perfectionist and want to delve deeper into the lore of the story and want all collectibles.
I was talking about CoD and Fifa to be honest, but that isn't Switch related... :confused:

I was talking about CoD and Fifa to be honest, but that isn't Switch related... :confused:

And i totally agree with you with CoD and Fifa.
Unfortunately Activision and EA are the ones that like to rinse consumers and have been blasted MANY times for it.
Ubisoft and Capcom are other culprits. They need to take notes from Rockstar, Bethesda and Naughty Dog.

I got my switch on launch day. I got Zelda, 1-2 switch, snippet clips, bomberman and a pro controller.

Yes it is a lot of money for something that may potentially flop, but I love what Nintendo brings to the gaming industry. Good old fashioned fun to play games. Games that you can just pick up and play and get lots of enjoyment from.

I'm viewing the switch as primarily my portable console. I also own an Xbox one and PS4 so I can't see the switch being my primary console. Yes the online stuff is lacking somewhat but this is geared towards the local online play. Remember those days on the N64 when your mates would bring controllers round and you'd bust out some Goldeneye or Mario kart.

It doesn't have the best technical specs but I have no doubt that some of the games coming out will provide many people lots of enjoyment.

Zelda is just a pure masterpiece, what a game that is. Zelda is the original fallout and still the best in my eyes.

I think I'm maybe 30 hours in, explored some villages, done a couple of towers and some shrines, but still working up to doing a first big boss fight.

Speed running i find pointless, I like to take my time in games. Especially large open world games.
I've played over 300+ hours in Skyrim, still ain't finished. I scour every nook and cranny.

Don't rush me bitch.

I'm about 40 hours in and still feel like I'm scratching the surface. Managed to do the elephant shaped divine beast and working up to my second one as I keep getting owned by him (the one on the bottom left of the map).

My cooking skills have improved though.

The day after release I saw one in CEX Sort of put me off if someone is trading it in that early

Morning All,

Just to let everyone know we have a Facebook Group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/230798190435714 where I have started trying to organise some online sessions. The next online session will be the 28th June from 8pm to 10pm, playing Mario Kart. We tested it last night, and it went well. So please feel free to join the group, join the online sessions and have some fun.

If clicking the linking and joining the group does not work, let me know, and I will try and figure out what the issue is.

Ian

Little video from Team TST destroying Team Mario (Hard AI) in Renegade Battle. If you own a switch, or just want to see what goes on, feel free to join the Facebook group, everyone is welcome :)

I bought Mario Vs Rabbids over the weekend. I like XCOM so this was a no brainer, however I still wasn't expecting a lot. Especially where the Rabbids are concerned.

To be fair I got hooked and got to the second world before putting it down. The small Easter eggs and humour have really made this a fun game. Definitely worth picking up if your switch has been gathering dust since Zelda.