• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[NL] AfterBurner Mega Coaster

AdamJ

TS Member
logo_zps801308a1.png

A little project I have had over Christmas whilst bored, I decided to try my hands at a Mega Coaster. Obviously this isn't the finished product, and it is carrying some pre-made supports, but I am working actively on custom supports for the whole ride, and themed cars.

Name: Afterburner
Classification: Roller Coaster
Type: Steel - Sit Down
Make / Model: Bolliger & Mabillard / Mega Coaster

Length: 4,426 ft
Height: 142 ft
Drop: 140 ft
Speed: 62 mph

Trains: 2 trains with 7 cars per train. Riders are arranged 4 across in a single row for a total of 28 riders per train.

2_zps911277f6.jpg

3_zps562a2d8b.jpg

4_zpsfd2a9608.jpg

5_zps473187c5.jpg

1_zpsb6fbe466.jpg

I will being a full on/off ride video soon, and a download link once the supports have been converted.

Any comments/suggestions appreciated.

Edit, here's a video for you all, ignore the low quality, it was a rough quick edit.

AfterBurner - Ride Video

Not a bad layout, quite realistic in terms of hills and turns. However, some of the hill crests are much too tight, for a B&M, resulting in too low G force. B&M's should be as close to 0G as possible, going to around -0.4 maximum for front and back row at the crest. Also, some of the straight bits are a bit strange- is there any reason for there inclusion?

The flat sections are there for when I've worked on designing some sort of building to allow the ride to have an indoor section. As that part of the ride would be integrating with another area, so to speak.

As I am still working on the ride, I'll have a tweak around with it.