• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

No Limits 2

I'm getting used to the editor, i think it's simply a matter of getting used to a new system (i was as perplexed as i am now with NL1 at first.

Can't work out how to get the transfer tracks to work though.

This new editor seems to be the most overcomplicated piece of software I've ever seen! It just makes thing more difficult having to open up dialog boxes every five seconds and you cant change one vertex without messing up the others and having to sort them all out as well. Its a domino effect...

Why they don't just give you the option to use the old editor and still have the different coaster types, terrain & tunnels available I will never know!

Just give me a reasonable amount of simplicity!!!

;)

you could just use the old editor to make coasters and import it to NL2, I think, thats the way I will work when the Mac versions out :)

jackandylan123 said:
you could just use the old editor to make coasters and import it to NL2, I think, thats the way I will work when the Mac versions out :)

Yeah I though of that, but importing a coaster is a right faff, and you can't make tunnels in terrain in the original editor, its just a faff.

Blizzard said:
This new editor seems to be the most overcomplicated piece of software I've ever seen! It just makes thing more difficult having to open up dialog boxes every five seconds and you cant change one vertex without messing up the others and having to sort them all out as well. Its a domino effect...

Why they don't just give you the option to use the old editor and still have the different coaster types, terrain & tunnels available I will never know!

Its about as simple as the previous editor really, what you have to get your head around is the nodes do different things now so they affect the curve rather than the track position.

Will allow for more accurate track design (should stop that pumping you get through the nodes) but it requires learning things anew. Agree though a lot of the dialogue boxes could be simplified.

;)

Blizzard said:

;)

Use more nodes.

The new editor is a bit more fiddly but it is certainly much more powerful. I've managed to create a decent zero G roll in minutes that would have taken me hours in NL1. Having independent roll nodes and the ability to automatically roll around the heartline are fantastic developments. The various combs are also extremely useful for understanding what the train is doing without having to fire up the simulator.

I think it's generally the case that it will take much longer to produce the basic layout but there'll be far less tidying up to do once it's done.

Been playing around with importing and enhancing coasters of mine from NL1. Oblivion looks amazing in NL2...

screenshot-2014-01-11-22-27-07_zps7a00867d.png

screenshot-2014-01-11-22-03-51_zpsfa4fb41c.png

screenshot-2014-01-11-22-06-34_zpsa7d3bc0d.png

screenshot-2014-01-11-22-04-16_zpsbedb3827.png

screenshot-2014-01-11-22-07-24_zps74405513.png

Just need to learn the new editor now...

Think I am doing something wrong. I finally got to play it for an hour or two after downloading it Friday and I think I am misunderstanding what to do. If someone could help me I would be very thankful.

This is what I have been doing:

Start Vertex > Create a straight piece of track > Change piece to station track (brown)

Start Vertex > Create a bend > Click on Plug and Socket using 'Ctrl' and click 'Connect' to station section

Start Vertex > Create pre-lift sharp drop downwards > Click on Plug and Socket using 'Ctrl' and click 'Connect' to previous section

Start Vertex > Create U-bend > Click on Plug and Socket using 'Ctrl' and click 'Connect' to previous section > Try and bank the U-bend = No luck it bends the complete track. I just want the bend to be banked...

Any help? I am probably not doing something really obvious. Thank in advance though. :D

Rollercoasters4Life said:
Think I am doing something wrong. I finally got to play it for an hour or two after downloading it Friday and I think I am misunderstanding what to do. If someone could help me I would be very thankful.

This is what I have been doing:

Start Vertex > Create a straight piece of track > Change piece to station track (brown)

Start Vertex > Create a bend > Click on Plug and Socket using 'Ctrl' and click 'Connect' to station section

Start Vertex > Create pre-lift sharp drop downwards > Click on Plug and Socket using 'Ctrl' and click 'Connect' to previous section

Start Vertex > Create U-bend > Click on Plug and Socket using 'Ctrl' and click 'Connect' to previous section > Try and bank the U-bend = No luck it bends the complete track. I just want the bend to be banked...

Any help? I am probably not doing something really obvious. Thank in advance though. :D

Place roll nodes where you want the banking to begin and end, set them to zero and check the strict box.

/\ Cheers for that, worked a treat. :)

How do you test the track if it isn't complete? Mine just says that there isn't a following block so it stops on the last available block. In the first NoLimits you could close loop the track by pressing 'C' if I remember correctly. Is there no way to do it on this one except close it yourself with the Plug and Socket route?

^ Unfortunately not unless you select shuttle mode, however this can mess up lift segments.

I finally, after hours of trawling through coding, managed to make a custom scripted coaster to include a backwards reversing section. The ride is inspired by both Juvelen and Thirteen and a test POV can be seen below. Now to work out how to script scene objects.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiQKjahZmO8#ws

One thing this game really needs is a better tutorial. I can kinda understand most of it, but sometimes I cannot understand what the tutorial is trying to get at and why something just doesn't seem to work. Anyone fancy making one? :p