• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

No Limits - Instructions?

STEJENT

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Nemesis
Does anyone know of anywhere I can download, say, a PDF with detailed instructions on how to use No Limits 2?
The program itself does have integrated tutorials and there are YouTube videos, but my mind has difficulty following videos and I have to pause frequently and go back to the program, and I have quite a disorganised mind and it frustrates me. So I would do better with a set of instructions I could print and have next to me or on my laptop while running the program on PC.

I've wanted to use this program for years, but only recently got a PC, however it's not the easiest bit of software for a novice.

Does anyone know of anywhere I can download, say, a PDF with detailed instructions on how to use No Limits 2?
The program itself does have integrated tutorials and there are YouTube videos, but my mind has difficulty following videos and I have to pause frequently and go back to the program, and I have quite a disorganised mind and it frustrates me. So I would do better with a set of instructions I could print and have next to me or on my laptop while running the program on PC.

I've wanted to use this program for years, but only recently got a PC, however it's not the easiest bit of software for a novice.
NoLimits Central and the Steam Workshop both have helpful user guides;

NoLimits Central and the Steam Workshop both have helpful user guides;

Thanks. Do you use No Limits? I've seen some pretty cool designs from people, and some brilliant recreations.

Thanks. Do you use No Limits? I've seen some pretty cool designs from people, and some brilliant recreations.
I do indeed, but I don't build my own. I used to but found it quite difficult. I just prefer looking at other creators' parks, especially the advanced ones!

I'd suggest just getting stuck in for the most part.
I've tried, but it's just so technical in terms of options and the way it displays the content when trying to build. It might be intuitive to an engineer, but not to me :tearsofjoy:

As Skyscraper said, those two links are probably your best bet. Did you buy the Steam version? I only ask, because Steam workshop makes it so much easier to downloading other peoples creations, some of which are stunning. If you did not buy the Steam version, you can request a Steam key, for free.

There are some parks and creations I have on NL2 that are still in active development and have been in development since NL1 and for about 16 to 17 years. Some of the creations are stunning and the recreations even more so.

Eurosat and Space Mountain (DLP version) are amazing. I love the fact you can walk around the behind the scenes areas in the rides when re created well. Turn on/off maintenance lighting, show lighting, animations etc. Until you virtually walk around the massive building such as Space Mountain, with the maintenance lights on, you do not realise the maze of access and maintenance stairways within the huge building itself.

I've lost many hours virtually walking around the maze of back corridors in creations and toggling different things on and off, to see how they look and how the atmosphere of the ride changes, as it would in real life.

I've used No Limits for over 2 decades now. It really is evolved nowadays with NL2 than what it used to be. Especially for dark coasters and dark rides, the lighting model is spot on to support that sort of thing now. I still mainly just ride other recreations though, rather than make my own.

Walking around behind the scenes in the Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey recreation was great fun to. Then riding it under show lighting and seeing the massive change.

Last edited:
As Skyscraper said, those two links are probably your best bet. Did you buy the Steam version? I only ask, because Steam workshop makes it so much easier to downloading other peoples creations, some of which are stunning. If you did not buy the Steam version, you can request a Steam key, for free.

There are some parks and creations I have on NL2 that are still in active development and have been in development since NL1 and for about 16 to 17 years. Some of the creations are stunning and the recreations even more so.

Eurosat and Space Mountain (DLP version) are amazing. I love the fact you can walk around the behind the scenes areas in the rides when re created well. Turn on/off maintenance lighting, show lighting, animations etc.

I've lost many hours virtually walking around the maze of back corridors in creations and toggling different things on and off to see how the look and atmosphere of the ride changes, as it would in real life.

I've used No Limits for over 2 decades now. It really is evolved nowadays with NL2 than what it used to be. Especially for dark coasters and dark rides, the lighting model is spot on to support that sort of thing now. I still mainly just ride other recreations though, rather than make my own.

Walking around behind the scenes in the Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey recreation was great fun to. Then riding it under show lighting and seeing the massive change.
I'm eagerly following the development of CoasterGalaxyWorld's latest park. They make some of the most incredible and advanced parks/creations in NL2.

I've missed this. I'll keep an eye on this.

There is a woodie, that is highly themed, loads of pre show's within the long queue line. The ride itself is loosely based off Wodan, trying to think of the name, will have to check when I get home. Really stunning. Again, everything is togglable, lights, sound, animations, pre shows etc.

Edit, it is also by CGW. Stunning and so much fun. CGW are a German team, so no wonder they have loosely recreated a fair few of Europa Parks rides, including the two water coasters. I seem to recall you find the pump house located deep within the bowels of the ride. You can turn the ride off and drain the lake in that.