• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

North Korea

Poison Tom 96 said:
N.Korea does not posses the first strike ability to stop the US responding properly. The US would retaliate and wipe out N.Korea but China in their alliance with N.Korea would be dragged in which is pretty scary...with the US and China going at it, Iran will see the opportunity to flex its muscles and nuke Israel which will nuke back.....we would be dragged in and end up getting nuked ourselves.....and the thought of that happening scares me.

EDIT

If you have any doubts how bad it will be,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MCbTvoNrAg#

Warning of disturbing scenes and the seeing of the stark, grim truth of nuclear war.

When I first decided to watch Threads, I was expecting it to be rather naff. But it's one of those films that stays with you. It certainly made me anti-nuke.

Apparently the 3rd planned nuclear test will go ahead next week.

A completely unrelated sidenote, I now have the UK's largest stock of tinned food and bottled water! Get em while they're hot (but still relatively cold compared to a nuclear blast wave).

From that Independent article:
Sean Thomas: The footage of the burning city comes straight from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, and here's me thinking they only had Pac-man in North Korea.

Roger Clark: Shows how stuck in the stone age they are.... We're all playing Black Ops 2...

:p

For once, I am actually in agreement with Meat Pie - its the USA I fear the most on this planet, not Iran, N Korea or China.

You need to ask yourself why are these countries building these armaggedon weapons in the first place? Take Iran for example, vast oil reserves, doesnt want to bow down to the USA and its allies, gets threatened with attack, so in response it builds nuclear weapons.

Also, with the state of the world at the moment, i'd be more worried about Syria than N Korea. I think things will flare up in Syria way before N Korea which will drag in the rest of us, and thus commencing WW3. Its already started - Isreal has attacked Syria last week, Iran has vowed revenge - Iran then attacks Isreal, Isreal attack Iran, USA gets involved as its Isreal's ally and is dying for any excuse to attack Iran, then Russia and China step in to protect Iran and Syria.

Iran nukes Isreal, Isreal nukes Iran, Russia and China get to a nuclear standoff - all very possible and all very possible within the next few months!!!!!

So in answer to the original question - no, im not at all worried about N Korea! lol. Just wish the USA could keep its nose (and weapons) out of other peoples business (and countries)!

The United States is responsible for nuclear weapons existing and is the only country to have ever used one on combat.

Forgive me if I can understand countries feeling the need to protect their way off life when the United States takes aggressive postures against them.

The US is a fading giant, and as its grip, influence and power diminish - it will become increasingly paranoid and dangerous to world peace. It views China as a threat simply because of its economic might and army size - when in reality Communism has never posed a direct threat to the United States or its interests.

The US is a very inward and selfish country, but its paranoia and fear of all external powers is what causes it to become involved in international crises.

North Korea would be reduced to pulp if they so much as launched anything nuclear at the US. They aren't stupid and impetuous as we all seem to think, they would not in a million years fire anything at the US if they want to survive as a nation.

Alastair said:
North Korea would be reduced to pulp if they so much as launched anything nuclear at the US. They aren't stupid and impetuous as we all seem to think, they would not in a million years fire anything at the US if they want to survive as a nation.

Hmmm, I see where your coming from and I do wonder if its all sabre rattling to tell the yanks not to interfere with them as they now have nukes, then on the other hand, their leader and ones before him have all been a bit, erm, gifted shall we say, so who knows!

It's more for internal propogander and a threat to South Korea. They know if they launch at the US that they will be blown off the face of the earth.

It is not the fact N.Korea would be obliterated, it would be what its allies do in revenge.....

There really is that many mistakes in my posts?! Damn this Tapatalk milarky! :)

Poison Tom 96 said:
It is not the fact N.Korea would be obliterated, it would be what its allies do in revenge.....

Yes but regardless of that, North Korea are not going to risk destruction and sacrifice themselves for the sake of taking a shot at the US. In any event, I highly doubt that China would start a war over US retaliation to North Korea. It wouldn't be efficient for them, especially as their economy is so dependent on the West and America in particular. Economic sanctions could be imposed in China at any time by the US which would cripple them financially.

The problem I find is that the US stick their noses in everything, they HAVE to be involved with all conflict. Then the UK always joins in with the US (or gets dragged in)... why can't we just leave these other countries as they are?

Even China are against it according to that article! There is absolutely no way they would even consider firing any of those at anyone.

Reports are saying this was twice the size of their last test, which was 6KT, so this would be around 12KT. To put that in perspective, Little Boy (the Hiroshima bomb) was 16KT and Fat Man (Nagasaki) was 20KT.

While this is still a "baby" nuke in modern terms, it is still more than enough to kill hundreds of thousands in one shot :/
Combined with the reports that this is small enough to use as a warhead, this is all rather worrying.

Anyone wondering what a 12KT boom would do to London should follow this link...

Worried? Me? YES!

I'm actually a bit scared.

When you combine it with the Prophesy of the Popes, where the next pope 'Peter the Roman' will bring about the destruction of Rome...and the favourite candidate just so happens to be called 'Peter'...

I'm not normally paranoid, but.... :eek:

How far do N.Korea have on missile range? Could it be 'delivered' to us?