• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

North Korea

Has anyone got a link to the bbc panorama North Korea special? Went to watch it on iplayer but it's mysteriously disappeared! Hmmm how ironic...

It was out on there on the 15th April @ 7:30pm...it shows up on the ps3 but when you click play it says "error not found". Searched it on my phone and there's no results for it at all...

I just watched it.

Really interesting, but I can't help but wonder what may happen to the guides shown in the footage. At one pont, they sneak out of a hotel and get a glimpse of a real North Korean village, and continuously take pictures that show the state in a really bad light. I always thought the guides got in trouble if the guests didnt 'behave themselves', and as informative as this documentary was I hope it didn't get them killed.

It's difficult to say but they'd probably be sent to one of the North Korean Gulags (very Soviet Union) and forced to work, tortured etc. Like with many things I'm a little skeptical unless there is clear evidence but watch this video -

http://youtu.be/Ms4NIB6xroc

It explains about the North Korean labour camps that are known in Korea as Kwan-li-so or Penal Labour Colonies Yodok is the most famous and I'm sure some of you have seen this footage of it -

http://youtu.be/xhO_A75NKQ8

I also recommend a couple of VICE docuentries (both are in many parts and you should check out all of them) one on sneaking into North Korea and the other about North Korean labour camps in Russia -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfq2BYB8K54#ws

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awQDLoOnkdI#ws

In a way I feel sorry for the people of North Korea, little to no food, consent power outages (no power at all in some places), brainwashing from birth, severe punishments for the stupid crimes against the state they live in a constant state of punishment for which their leaders blame South Korea, America, Japan etc for problems they have created! North Korea wants recognition from the US (amongst others) as a nuclear power it can then proceed to expand it's nuclear armament without sanction from the UN but they won't get it. They'll use that recognition as a bargaining tool for aid which it's people desperately need with the millions starving to death. To say North Korea is a threat is correct but really who is it a threat to? Well the only answer I can find is it's own people. If it goes to war it will lose there is very little doubt about that they don't have the capabilities for multiple nuclear strikes around the globe and personally I don't think they have enough nuclear weapons.

In the end only North Korean's will suffer as they have been ever since the Korean war. China won't allow war on the peninsula and South Korea (though lackadaisical in appearance) are more than prepared. Real-time tracking devices set up by the Americans and anti-missile defences on the island of Guam and mainland Japan will stop any missile reaching it's target. Assuming it doesn't crash or blow up on launch.

Only time will tell, personally I don't lose any sleep over it. India/Pakistan and Iran is where the real trouble lies.

So, what happened? Did the nuclear war happen? It's just that since the bomb went off in Boston there's been no mention of Korea, whereas before it was impossible to escape updates on what Kim Jong Un had had for breakfast.

Could it be they've suddenly behaved themselves? Or is it that the media manipulate us and try to scare us and have moved on to the next fabricated scare story?

Don't worry, the yanks will find a way to blame those bombs on Lil' Kim. They are probably planning the invasion as we type.

Or a sneak attack is due ;)

There really is that many mistakes in my posts?! Damn this Tapatalk milarky! :)