• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

North mini meet 9/4/16

josht

TS Member
Favourite Ride
bandit (movie park)
A northern mini meet doing both light water and flamingo land over the weekend:)

Since my MAP is expiring soon I want to make this trip happen, so I've been looking at hotels which is always a sticking point for north meets.

Booking.com has yielded a few results, including in Ripon itself where the Unicorn hotel seems a decent bet at the moment (twin rooms for £60). Alternatively White Horse Lodge in Thirsk which isn't too far for a similar price.

If anyone's interested I'll book a room and we can actually make this trip go ahead for once!

Put LWV on the Saturday and I'm there*. Flaminge isn't worth losing a 8.5 hour shift for (because I'm poor)

*My windscreen wipers broke on the M1 yesterday so pending if anything major needs ordering

I'm interested in Lightwater and would be happy to stay at The Unicorn. Not fussed about Flamingoland though.

OK, so LWV on Saturday seems to be a consensus. Shall we say 10am at main entrance?

Regarding Mingo I could take it or leave it but if we can get a group together I'd certainly be up for it.

Could you pop me down as a maybe? Just need to make sure I haven't double booked myself.

I'm there, 10am is fine. Transport from Sheffield is available for those interested (PM me)

I'm in but I'm not sure I can stop over or do the Sunday, so I'll drive there and back. I may be able pick someone up if you need a lift.

I've booked my ticket and may be bringing my cousin along. This will be my first TS meet so I was wondering how to spot you guys at the entrance? Cheers

Just look for the large group of weirdos wearing coaster T shirts and shouting "Bench".

I'm sure one/all of us will be in some/full coaster/park gear
This was the group photo last time...
o-ROLLER-COASTER-COSTUME-570.jpg

There won't be many of us by the seem of it, but yes, expect park clothing and practical trousers.

Surely there must be more people that have started attending meets since the last trip in 2013 and haven't gone hammering through the woods on The Ultimate yet?

Well as much as I'd love to get back on Europe's 2nd best coaster, unless someone is willing to give me a lift from London, it won't happen. :(