• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Oakwood Discussion

It doesn't have the capability to run three trains. As for capacity at Oakwood in general, my first visit to the park in August 2007 was when I saw one train on Mega with a 50 min queue. Since then I've visited every year and the lack of trains/cars on the two big coasters has nearly always let me down. This suggests it's always been pretty relaxed and that not much has changed, although I'd say the Engineers have probably got worse for adding second trains/cars, but they've never been great as far as I can see.

It only has two trains, I doubt they ever bought in a third train. In fact I'm certain they wouldn't have, that never happens! It's not a coaster where three train operation would make any difference anyway I don't think.

:)

Screamscape have posted this:
Screamscape said:
Screamscape sources tell us that Oakwood is planning on opening a new indoor wild mouse style coaster as part of their new Sleepy Hollow land this year. Anyone know more?

Seeing as we have heard nothing at all recently I'm not so sure this is actually going to happen!?

:)

Yeah that could just be someone speculating, if I remember correctly the logo had a wild mouse coaster in the background.

Or, it could be true!lol

It would be interesting to see what they do with it. (One train operation obv)

Yeah that could just be someone speculating, if I remember correctly the logo had a wild mouse coaster in the background.

Or, it could be true!lol

It would be interesting to see what they do with it. (One train operation obv)
The thing is I wouldn't put it past them to run a wild mouse with one car, they do it with Speed!
Wish Aspro would sell the place to someone who cares.

If this turns out to be true, this could be one of the worst coaster additions to a (sort of) major park in UK history....apparently this is going to be the new coaster at Oakwood:

DSC_0067-2.jpg

A friggin 30 year old Pinfari contraption, with OSTR's...

Actually laughed more than I should have done at that. I know it's not exactly a major UK park, but really? When I saw that post I had to reread it as I thought it was on about an old ride being removed.

And OTSR'S? seriously?

Words fail me. I know they're a small park but surely they could have done better than this?!

Maybe by waiting another year and investing in somthing that doesn't look like it's been stolen from a fairground 20 years ago?

And 20 years ago they built Megafobia! There's nothing wrong with getting a cheap coaster as long as it's good, or at the very least modern, this is neither.

Looks like a Pinfari RC40 - same as the one at Wicksteed Park. Oh deary me, Oakwood...
Yep, looks like it, and what they had at Bottons Pleasure Beach before they replaced it with a Fabbri Spinning Mouse in 2005/2006.

Couldn't they have got Knightmare from Camelot? Don't think anyone has taken it yet and it'd be a lot better than this.

Never been to Oakwood, and rides like this won't entice me to make a special trip to Wales just for the park.

Sadly, I doubt anyone will take knightmare now. Would cost too much to repair and move :(

Wish someone would though. Parents were just planning on going just before it shut and I never got to ride it. Looks so good.

It's the one from M&D'S that is supposedly going to Oakwood.

Originally the supports that can be found at the park were thought to be that of a compact MS Spinner, but it's now being said that they are from that Pinfari device.

The parent company don't want spend money apparently. Surely there's better things they could be spending this money on? This kind of coaster isn't going to do anything to guest figures....

I guess with the whole planned The Legend of Sleepy Hollow area that was meant to open in 2014, then pushed to 2015, then disappeared from their website... they clearly don't have sufficient funds to continue what they started with the Neverland area. Clearly with the constant promises of a new attraction, they are panicking and trying to find whatever they can so they have something new to offer. Which is a shame. Aspro have done the park no good. Would be nice to see the park bought by someone else.

The sad truth is, there is no future for the theme park. Geographically it is very, very poorly placed.