• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Oakwood Discussion

Woohoo how exciting...... erm..... what they investing it in again? Hopefully not that sign the guy is stood next to lol

It appears that what they are getting next year is what they were meant to get this year. It has been pushed back.

:)

They should never have planned it for this year really. Live off the success of Neverland for another year then do the same again.

News: Oakwood announce plans for a spooky new £2m multi-attraction called ‘The Legend of Sleepy Hollow’ for 2015

"Sleepy Hollow is a secluded glen with a haunting atmosphere – it’s home to a ghoulish phantom called the Headless Horseman and the terrifying ‘Tree of the Dead’. The whole area abounds with local tales of haunted spots and twilight superstitions."

Oakwood Theme Park’s Clare Stansfield said: “Over the past two years we have invested well in excess of £5m in developing new areas of the park and providing visitors with a series of quality new attractions.

“This will continue next year with our exciting new ‘Legend of Sleepy Hollow’ which will feature a series of spooky new attractions and a major new ride experience,” she added.

10593099_744470665612370_6823110399137158080_n.jpg

"Major new ride experience"..... That'll be yet another retheme of their knackered old ghost train then?

Oh, how not exciting! I know we can't really expect much from the smaller parks in the UK but I just wish one of them would come and surprise us with something that it's actually worth looking forward to!

Well I know we can't read too much in to promo images, but if we were to dabble in such stupidity...
What little is visible of the cars looks to me like a bog standard Mack / MS mouse. The track layout looks unique though.

But obviously, this picture will bear no relation to the final product. ;)

Rob, at least they're not just adding a wild mouse coaster (if they are....). Making an area like this sounds pretty interesting.

I know. It's just in comparison to the smaller parks in Europe. Admittedly they are bigger than the smaller parks in the UK but right now it seems that it is only the Merlin parks here in the UK that are able to make investments that catch the eye.
Hopefully one of Drayton or Blackpool will pull something out of the hat over the next few years, they are the most likely parks to do so.

I do like the sound of the area, hopefully it will be done well because it has potential. Not sure how a wild mouse would exactly fit into such a theme though, if that is to be the case.

At least they're doing something I guess.

The UK theme park industry is very boring. The rest of the world and especially Europe are the places to be now. As long as Merlin have a monopoly here none of the smaller parks will try anything daring or exciting. Playing it safe is the easiest thing to do for a small UK park.

Obviously this could mean bugger all, but I wouldn't have thought that Oakwood would search far for a new ride. Basically I reckon anything new will be recycled from within the UK. Aside from all the travelling Reverchons, do we have any Wild Mouse coasters that could be available?

Well it's something that could interest me into going next year (hopefully)
So I will put my trust in them

I've wanted to visit for about a year but it's a five hour drive

If KD are doing the sculpting again, this could have some pretty high quality theming! Regardless of how big or small the rides are to go with this, if Neverland is anything to go off, this could be another good investment, coaster or no coaster.