• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Oakwood Discussion

Those rapids aren't that great at all really, they're the same type you see rolling around travelling fairs like Hull and Goose fair.

I'd have Storm Surge over them any day :) Having said that however:

EC!! said:

This would be ideal for Oakwood in my opinion. They're not too big, fairly cheap, they look a decent ride in my eyes and if they themed it well it could look fantastic :)

I was having a look at the Zamperla Hydro Lift earlier. Rapide De Leonardo at Minitalia Leolandia looks like a fantastic little water ride and one of them over here would make a change over yet another Super Splash / Splash Party for a cheap water ride.

Knowing our luck, we'll still end up with yet another Super Splash / Splash Party. :(

hopefuly we wont BigAl, there is a rumor i have been told that they have bought log flume from camelot theme park i dont know whether its true but that could be good. id love to see a mega disko or disko coaster i was looking at the videos and they look awesome :)

Mega disk'o
Mega Disk'O on-ride POV Martin's Fantasy Island
Disk'o Coaster
Crazy Surfer Disk-O Roller Coaster Flat Ride Movie Park Germany POV
On Kobra Ride in Chessington World of Adventure the one in chessington
This would be my dream for oakwood but it almost certainly get it a vekoma invertigo
Dorney Park - Stinger POV HD Roller Coaster Front Seat Ride 2012 1080p Video Steel Shuttle GoPro

The rumours suggest that most of the rides being added this year have come from Camelot. Its also been suggested by the park that they will add a coaster in 2014 from a recently closed park, its is widly thought this will either be Knighmare or Wirlwind

knightmare looks knackered but i'd like whirlwind that would be a very good addition in my view but how do you know they suggested a new roller coaster from a closed park oakwood havnt officially suggested this nor has it been in their facebook page or development blog, id just like to know where you got that from??

EC!! said:
knightmare looks knackered but i'd like whirlwind that would be a very good addition in my view but how do you know they suggested a new roller coaster from a closed park oakwood havnt officially suggested this nor has it been in their facebook page or development blog, id just like to know where you got that from??

You think Knightmare looked knackered?

Did you SEE the state of Whirlwind?

Please be Knightmare...

i mean knightmare looks good but in dying need of a repaint and i would prefer an on the shelf spinning coaster but oh well who knows

I couldn't care less what happens to Whirlwind frankly. It's a dreadful looking off the shelf Maurer abomination, which looks to be in dire need of work :p

Knightmare would benefit from a re-paint, but that would be enough to make it "acceptable" in my eyes. Adding masses of theming like it used to have would be amazing, but I can't see it ever happening sadly. Either way though it'd be a great addition to Oakwood, and would be a good ride to keep in the UK.

I've never seen Camalot's log flume, but given it's from Big Country Motioneering it's worth keeping on that basis :p After all, Nightmare Niagraa at American Adventure was held in very high regard by many!

Ian said:
I couldn't care less what happens to Whirlwind frankly. It's a dreadful looking off the shelf Maurer abomination, which looks to be in dire need of work :p

If you got the balance right (usually two adults on one side), the experience could be phenomenal. Whilst it did look in a rather poor state, it did ride quite well.

I've never seen Camalot's log flume, but given it's from Big Country Motioneering it's worth keeping on that basis :p After all, Nightmare Niagraa at American Adventure was held in very high regard by many!

On the other hand, Camelot's one drop Log Flume was simply dire! It may look better without its rotting mountain though.

Wouldn't Knightmare do more for a smaller park like Lightwater Valley or Pleasurewood Hills? A suspended coaster would fit into their line-up nicely, but they don't have much money to work with so I don't think they could get something as big as a Vekoma Invertigo, could they? Certainly not if they're planning on adding so many rides at once.

Such a shame that we're talking about Oakwood getting something from a closed park, even a generic model, when the park was going so well pre-death situation.

This upsets me.

i think oakwood compared to chessington, flamingo, chessington, thorpe and alton, oakwood is quite a small park and i've see the video for knightmare and it looks relly good, justs needs a rename, repaint and some theming like it had before and it will be fantastic for oakwood.

Looks, let's be realistic here. Getting Knightmare would be a bit of a win for Oakwood. It's one of the best coasters in the UK, second-hand or not. Especially when the park hasn't added anything major since Speed.

I don't think Oakwood were ever doing as well as you suggest, due to the terrible location. I think the halcyon days of the park are imagined.

i think if they put some good attractions people will start flocking to oakwood again. quite alot of people were put off when that girl died on Hydro (now Drenched) in 2004 but i think they are heading in the right direction. hand me down rides or not anything is good with oakwood. All we need know is for Bluestone and oakwood to officially merge for a resort thing like the merlin parks

Thing is Sam, it's just your opinion that Knightmare is one of the best coasters in the UK. I think to most people, it's just average, or slightly above.

And for me, the biggest issue is how it looks. It's a but ugly coaster thats full of messy supports. Even with a decent paint job it would look ugly.

Oakwood is a very pretty park, and I think Whirlwind would be better suited IMO. After all, Knightmare doesn't really have a selling point, does it?

To make it clear, I'd absolutely hate whirlwind to appear at Oakwood.

They need permenant, new, clean and extremely marketable attractions to go alongside Speed and Mega, not a step backwards with travelling 2nd hand junk.

You know when they say more than £4 million do they mean just 4 mil or is it actually more than 4 million?? Sounds stupid but it's been bugging me :S

A second hand Vekoma Invertigo is around $7 million, which is pretty much £4 million. There aren't any spare ones lying around out there, are there? :p There's no way they'd be able to afford a new one. Tbh, at $20 million brand new, I don't know why any park with enough money would opt for one over other rides out there which cost a similar amount?

It's a pity they can't afford something like an Intamin Impulse. They don't have a suspended or a launch coaster so it'd kill two birds with one stone. At $8.5 million new, they seem much more reasonable than the Vekoma Invertigo.

A new Vekoma invertigo as in above video doesn't cost anywhere near $20m. They are more more like $7m new. You must be thinking of the giant Vekoma invertigo. Oakwood would never build one though and as only 4 normal size ones ever built and last one built in 1999 dout we will see s new one again, plus by all accounts are not a great ride.

An impulse would be great but highly unlikely in the uk due to amount of power they use and with the cost of energy in the uk so high makes lsm coasters very expensive to run.

Yeah, I was quoting the price of Magic Mountain's Déjà Vu coaster. But I agree that the smaller one would probably be better suited.

If those two suggestions aren't suitable, perhaps an FSC from Vekoma? Oakwood's family coaster isn't that great. :p

Edit: If they're interested in a spinning coaster, how about something like Gerstlauer's 380/4 or 420/4 spinning coasters? A new 380/4 is around £2.15 million and a new 420/4 is around £2.55 million. They look nicer than Whirlwind. :p