• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Oakwood Discussion

My point was that since Aspro took over the park in 2008, this Treetops accident has been the only major H&S incident reported. Aside from this, they’ve had a clean safety record, as far as I know.

What other reported incidents have there been since 2008?

And by the way I don’t consider YouTube videos of an unknown object falling from a ride, which could very well have been a bag or other guest item, or videos of noisy lift hills, to be evidence against my point that Aspro have had a clean safety record with Oakwood apart from the very unfortunate recent Treetops incident, which of course is very sad to hear about.

If people raise safety concerns, then yes of course the park should investigate and action these. We’ve no evidence that Oakwood don’t take safety concerns/ reports from guests seriously.
The seat cover is obvious and I'm glad others have pointed out the other videos. While I think some of the sounds on speed could be rollbacks and the slow speed of the lift hill could be a power saving option? I do think it's good to point out.

It has made me think twice about going next year (not been since speed opened.)

One thing to consider here is if we want the park to survive then its these tough periods we really need to make an effort to support the park. Treetops was very unfortunate but if everyone thinks twice of visiting nect year especially in the financial crisis then it simply won't survive.

Agreed. I appreciate that the Treetops incident was awful, but I think that it’s really important that, when considering a small independent park like Oakwood, we need to distinguish the difference between poor cosmetic maintenance, and actual safety concerns. Most of what I’ve heard described is the former and not the latter.

Reactions: Tom
One thing to consider here is if we want the park to survive then its these tough periods we really need to make an effort to support the park. Treetops was very unfortunate but if everyone thinks twice of visiting nect year especially in the financial crisis then it simply won't survive.
I'm not aiming to put people off visiting Oakwood, to clarify. It's a great park, I'll probably visit again next year.

Nevertheless, I think it's important to point out and achnowledge things that in some cases, could be concerns.

Fnf0yqcXwAsi07J.png

From: https://twitter.com/coasterclub/status/1619031749908103168?t=zL8a19RWBDyy5ziuY4hFtw&s=19

So it seems that the group that owns Oakwood has decided that Megafobia should experience the gravity of what it would be like to be removed...

Last edited:
Am I right in inferring that Megafobia could possibly be receiving a Gravity Group retrack based on this picture and your cryptic caption?

If true, that’s brilliant news; I think a retrack could do wonders for that ride!

Interestingly, both the first and second drops are also being reprofiled, with the first drop being made steeper.

The “notorious penultimate bend” is also being reprofiled.

The work will be completed in early May and is costing $2m.

I think this is excellent news, personally!

Interestingly, both the first and second drops are also being reprofiled, with the first drop being made steeper.

The “notorious penultimate bend” is also being reprofiled.

The work will be completed in early May and is costing $2m.
Is there any chance that the below could happen?
Wonder of we could see new Gravity Group Timberliner trains as well?

Good to see some investment, although I suspect if it's the case between having some work done or removing Megafobia... they could do without losing their signature ride.

Not a huge fan of Timberliners but those PTCs will smash that new track up in no time.

Pick your poison.

Great to see them sending.

There adding the new precut track to The Voyage this year as well and that's still running PTC trains, so can't see why Oakwood would change them either. Would be quite an expensive addition as well when the money would be better put towards track maintenance.

Well, Megafobia (which I think is a terrible name for anything, including a roller coaster) is my second favourite woodie in the UK behind Grand National. I hope all this reprofiling stuff improves it. I'd hate for them to just make it a little more comfortable for the nose bleaders and ruin the experience in the process.

Last edited: