• ā„¹ļø Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Oakwood Discussion

Well, Megaphobia (which I think is a terrible name for anything, including a roller coaster)
Maybe Megafobia, the real name of the rollercoaster, would be a better name? šŸ˜‰
Just kidding, I get your point and I agree with it.

I hope all this reprofiling stuff improves it. I'd hate for them to just make it a little more comfortable for the nose bleaders and ruin the experience in the process.
We now live in an era where ā€œcomfortableā€ and ā€œthrillingā€ are far from being mutually exclusive terms, so I wouldnā€™t worry about that too much.

If anything, Iā€™d imagine the ride could be more thrilling seeing as theyā€™re making the first drop steeper!

Iā€™m very happy about this, personally. I think Megafobia could be made a lot better with a retrack; for me, one of the main things detracting from the experience is that it was relatively rough in the back, so Iā€™m hopeful that the retrack should solve that particular issue.

The reprofiling could also make some of the duller spots of the ride more thrilling with more modern profiling. From memory, Megafobia definitely had a few dead spots.

Last edited:
Well I'm very happy that this is happening.

I have some great childhood memories of Oakwood and Megafobia so I'm pleased they've decided to do this.

Just hope they can start investing in the rest of the park now...

Update re Megafobia :)
I like that they've decided to auction off segments of the old track for local charities and have even agreed to match the winning bids up to Ā£500 per charity. Although I'm not the sort the person who collects old ride bits in my back garden I'm sure there's interest in this kind of memorabilia. It begs the question why we haven't seen this done with Nemesis (yet anyway) - a lot of the old track has clearly just been scrapped which benefits neither the enthusiast collectors nor the charities that might have been selected as beneficiaries.

I'm a bit sad that they shut down Spooky 3D as I actually really liked the design of it, especially the grest use of UV paint with the really nice scenery art. Here hope for a just as good if not better dark ride in its place though!!

Looks like some big investments for the park. I'm glad work is being done on megafobia as it was incredibly rough last year they had a hard time filling the seats during the ecc ers so that should speak volumes on how bad it had gotten.

Spooky 3d was always just bad and felt like strange mix of stuff but had some nice UV paint effects hopefully something good will be put in.

Hopefully drenched will be up and running again this year and maybe bounce will have more force to it probably not but a guy can dream.

Last edited:
Never been - so many reporting that there is limited things to do and is so spread out - I hope that it works out as I have family not far away and would like to visit and the holiday park next door