• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Oakwood Discussion

I think it was around row 7/8, just one row not functioning. I assumed when I was there that they're refurbishing the second train and had rushed to get this open in some form, but now I think about it the retrack was quite behind schedule so it's not like there wasn't time to sort this out. Thoughts and prayers to anyone who tries to go on a properly busy day when there's one train...

We went in July 21 and it was on one train. Word is they've potentially modify the train

Considering a solo visit tomorrow just for Megafobia.

Cant see anything online about fast passes. How much are they? Tbf might not be needed on a Saturday, seems like weekdays are worse sue to school trips.

Cant see anything online about fast passes. How much are they? Tbf might not be needed on a Saturday, seems like weekdays are worse sue to school trips.
This could be out of date, but they were very, very cheap when I went on a school trip in 2016. I can’t remember the exact price, but I think it was £5 or less for a one shot FastPass on even the biggest rides. It could have been £4, if I’m remembering correctly?

Recent inflation has probably raised that slightly, but from memory, Oakwood’s FastPasses were phenomenally cheap compared to any other Fastrack offering I’ve ever seen. Loads of people bought them, and they were filling full trains with FastPass users at least every other train.

This could have changed, but when I went on a school trip, the FastPasses were very, very cheap and sold like sweets.

Considering a solo visit tomorrow just for Megafobia.

I think they have done away with fast passes if I recall correctly from last year. Which is a good thing; they absolutely crippled the main queues.

I think they have done away with fast passes if I recall correctly from last year. Which is a good thing; they absolutely crippled the main queues.
The recent review of Megafobia from @AndrewJD suggests that they are still there, but perhaps more limited than on my school trip visit to Oakwood in 2016.

That’s definitely an improvement, in my view, as I have distinct memory of the coaster queues moving very slowly under that implementation of FastPass.

The recent review of Megafobia from @AndrewJD suggests that they are still there, but perhaps more limited than on my school trip visit to Oakwood in 2016.

That’s definitely an improvement, in my view, as I have distinct memory of the coaster queues moving very slowly under that implementation of FastPass.
I could be wrong, but I don't recall noticing it on sale anywhere last year and the building that was previously used to sell it was closed. There was of course still their access pass service.

I think they were selling them in the shop next to the station, or at least that’s what the signs seemed to indicate you could get them from as the box office was shut. Either way, nobody had them on my visit that I could see as the park was pretty quiet.

To be fair maybe they were all RAP guests, I assumed there was FP there because there's still signage directing them away from the main queue but I didn't ever actually try to buy one.

Interestingly, according to Diary of a RollerCoaster Girl, Speed is midway through being repainted. The supports are being repainted black, with the track seemingly remaining orange, and the second phase of the repaint will be completed for the 2024 season:

The new paint job looks snazzy! I’m glad to see that things really seem to be looking up for Oakwood, what with Megafobia’s retrack, Speed being repainted, and some kind of alleged new ride investment on the way!

On a side note, Drenched is also closed for the remainder of the season due to some kind of restraint issue according to Oakwood’s website.

Interestingly, according to Diary of a RollerCoaster Girl, Speed is midway through being repainted. The supports are being repainted black, with the track seemingly remaining orange, and the second phase of the repaint will be completed for the 2024 season:

The new paint job looks snazzy! I’m glad to see that things really seem to be looking up for Oakwood, what with Megafobia’s retrack, Speed being repainted, and some kind of alleged new ride investment on the way!

On a side note, Drenched is also closed for the remainder of the season due to some kind of restraint issue according to Oakwood’s website.

I personally prefer the turquoise paint job compared to the new black, although the turquoise looked extremely mucky.

As a long time visitor of Oakwood, it’s just nice to see any kind of investment in the park. Hopefully it’s the start of better things!

Incidentally, it’s a tiny detail but I happened to notice that the updated park map on their website (showing Megafobia open) shows the area of supports that have now been painted in black, with the rest turquoise. Feel a bit sad for noticing that!!!

I'm glad it's getting a paint job, however I am a bit disappointed they're losing the orange/turquoise look. It's not the most vibrant park in general and it added a splash of colour that was well needed imo. Not everything needs to be black.