• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Oblivion: General Discussion

Originally it had that fence in the middle every now and then (like the start of Oblivions queue) and it wasn’t a continuous fence like it is now. The idea was when it was busy they could have two queues using the whole queue line (twice as many people in one queue in theory) then when you get near the station one line goes to station one and go to station two.

When fastrack and single rider was added the fence was changed to what we have today.

Do we know why the seat closest to the airgates on all 6 shuttles is closed off ? And can anyone confirm the ride opened/was purchased with 7 or 8 shuttles ?

Do we know why the seat closest to the airgates on all 6 shuttles is closed off ? And can anyone confirm the ride opened/was purchased with 7 or 8 shuttles ?
My only guess is it’s because of the lack of maintenance around the enterprise site. Those seats are closest to the foliage on the banked turn, so perhaps instead of keeping the site tidy they’ve just chosen to block off those seats in case someone touches a leaf?

My only guess is it’s because of the lack of maintenance around the enterprise site. Those seats are closest to the foliage on the banked turn, so perhaps instead of keeping the site tidy they’ve just chosen to block off those seats in case someone touches a leaf?
Yeah I had wondered if someone had waved a arm too closely to something...

But I can snap a branch off a tree on the Steeplechase at Blackpool, and whip dippy all the way round the second half, and the staff just cheer me on.
Bloody impressive from the middle lane, but it can be done.

mamanaged to have a ride on oblivion in the dark yesterday. That was easily the trips highlight! The drop in the dark was nearly as good as Nemesis Downwards Helix! Oblivion is something truly special in the dark!

And the queue looked great at night as well! Really made it feel grim and there was no hope for escape!

Attachments

• 20221026_182256.jpg
    20221026_182256.jpg
    392 KB · Views: 36
  • 20221026_182335.jpg
    20221026_182335.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_20221027-092246_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221027-092246_Gallery.jpg
    320.1 KB · Views: 34
mamanaged to have a ride on oblivion in the dark yesterday. That was easily the trips highlight! The drop in the dark was nearly as good as Nemesis Downwards Helix! Oblivion is something truly special in the dark!

And the queue looked great at night as well! Really made it feel grim and there was no hope for escape!

Dropping into a pitch black hole truly is something else. After riding it last week in the dark for the first time in a long time, I agree one thousand times over.

Even no matter how many times I get on, I always get that certain sinking feeling going up that lift hill that only gets worse once you are about to hit that break at the top. Amazing feeling.

Only thing I will say is that the theme is in need of a refresh or overhaul just to update it a little bit but still have that sinister feel about it.

Even no matter how many times I get on, I always get that certain sinking feeling going up that lift hill that only gets worse once you are about to hit that break at the top. Amazing feeling.

Only thing I will say is that the theme is in need of a refresh or overhaul just to update it a little bit but still have that sinister feel about it.
That feeling is just great. It truly never leaves you!

On terms of theming, nope, please leave Blivy as it is! It's theming is perfection in my eyes, the old 90s feel is what makes it so great I think. If it was more modern I think it would be ruined, especially in the queue.

Indeed, as earlier this summer I've seen the ride operating as fast as it possibly can, on 2 stations. 2 vehicles were absolutely flying out the station even couple of minutes. They couldn't dispatch trains faster if they wanted to.

Operations on Oblivion are arguably some of the worst I've ever at towers. Sending trains half empty. Unbelievable