• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Oblivion: General Discussion

On board audio would be worse than the speaker setup they had before. On board audio means the speakers would be almost directly facing the in tbe direction that was causing the issues, when the ride goes down the drop.

Nah, what I mean is, will Oblivion receive the same treatment as Nemesis has with a retacking? Or would they replace it with another ride? Or maybe make a newer, maybe slightly longer version of Oblivion?

If Oblivion is seeing any changes to the future, likely for a likely revamp with X-Sector in the not too distant future, I could definitely see it's theme being more akin to its Italian counterpart in which is just a modern revamp version of the original and would be a simple copy and paste job to be done.

In an ideal world, it would have been nice if it had a little bit of a longer layout when you emerge from the hole like hitting an inversion, helix or something but given its location highly unlikely this would happen but I would actually help make Oblivion more than just a big drop which many criticised the ride for even if it is the original and the whole theme of the ride in the first place.

The big crane has found it's way over to Oblivion today. Could be for anything, but it fits what I've been hearing regarding a station refresh/alterations.
IMG_20231212_143401962.jpg
Excuse another poor quality photo from me.
The crane is easily visible from Farley Lane.
Probably is, although I wonder if it's to also do with Oblivion's downtime near the end of the season?

The big crane has found it's way over to Oblivion today. Could be for anything, but it fits what I've been hearing regarding a station refresh/alterations.
IMG_20231212_143401962.jpg
Excuse another poor quality photo from me.
The crane is easily visible from Farley Lane.

I've been told by a reliable member on here that they heard the station is due a complete rebuild.

I've been told by a reliable member on here that they heard the station is due a complete rebuild.
Would have rather they reskined Smiler's station building to be curved like Oblivion's unless, God forbid, Blivy's station will resemble Smiler's for a future retheme of X-Sector.

Still, will be keeping an eye on X-Sector if there is something big going on.

Would have rather they reskined Smiler's station building to be curved like Oblivion's unless, God forbid, Blivy's station will resemble Smiler's for a future retheme of X-Sector.

Still, will be keeping an eye on X-Sector if there is something big going on.
Definitely hoping they keep the architecture of the station the same. I'm sure they've got the Blueprints of the original station anyway. It'd probably be easier to simply rebuild it rather than go all out with a new design, which would probably take a lot of the budget.

I'm not a fan of Smilers Station building. It's just a giant Concrete create block with a few yellow pipes connected to it. Oblivions looked much cooler, with the curved edges, the slanted roof, the metallic look, the curved archways, the beacons sirens, etc. If only that style was carried onto the Smiler.

Last edited:
I don't care that much about the station, but if there is a station rebuild, then I hope that it is inspired by the original but different enough that the station change is noticeable.

I've often thought that a relatively simple way to re-invigorate Oblivion, would be to convert it for Floorless cars. Maybe add a fountain 'splash' at the dip before the brakes if they needed a little extra spice.

Probably a little over optimistic but should they ever do some sort of retrack I wondered whether they might be able to adjust the profile for a true 90 degrees.
I don't see them ditching the ride for a long time, given how problematic that big hole would be for anything else in the area.

I've often thought that a relatively simple way to re-invigorate Oblivion, would be to convert it for Floorless cars. Maybe add a fountain 'splash' at the dip before the brakes if they needed a little extra spice.

Probably a little over optimistic but should they ever do some sort of retrack I wondered whether they might be able to adjust the profile for a true 90 degrees.
I don't see them ditching the ride for a long time, given how problematic that big hole would be for anything else in the area.

88 to 90 degrees won’t make any difference and most people don’t know it’s not actually vertical. If the wanted to re-market Oblivion then floor less would work as despite it being a tired gimmick in the world it’s not that common in Europe.

Last I heard it had had it's budget cut so I wouldn't bank on them going ahead with a complete rebuild yet, but it should still be significant work if that is the case.
I think we'll see the single rider queue return with this project.
Hopefully we will, because it's odd that only a handful of AT rides have single rider queues.

If they are or at least planning to rebuild the station, any idea what they might go for? Some are saying the original concept art for the station but I'll confess I haven't seen it so I can't compare what the original idea for the station would've been.

88 to 90 degrees won’t make any difference and most people don’t know it’s not actually vertical. If the wanted to re-market Oblivion then floor less would work as despite it being a tired gimmick in the world it’s not that common in Europe.
Well I wasn't really thinking of 90 degrees as a marketing thing, only a slight adjustment if they were retracking it anyway. Since all the newer models are made that way.